Squirrels. Why Did It Have To Be Squirrels.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Larth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I hate my life. Most ordinary people get something like mice or bats in their home apartment. No, instead I hear a ruckus in my bedroom at 2:30 a.m. and go to investigate. Arthur, my cat, is on the floor running away (probably should've named him Robin, after brave brave Sir Robin) from...a squirrel. Then I realize they are playing.

/mental facepalm

1. How the hell did a squirrel get inside
2. see 1.
3. see 1. again
4. My cat really is part squirrel

/facepalm

Now the fun part is trying to catch him. It's been...inteesting. He's out of the bedroom now, got him cornered behind my gaming desk. If you know tabletop gaming books, yeah I'm not emptying that just so I can move it. Poor little guy, though he is tempting me pull out my mace. I'd use the crossbow, but don't want to damage the apartment and projectiles and me don't get along. Been an interesting month. Well back to squirrel catching.

---------------------------------------

Soooo..... I chased him all over and finally he ran into the coat closet by the front door and hid behind my shoes. Had an old towel to block his escape route, or so I thought. Toed the shoes and he leapt over the towel....and right into a bucket I store in there. Which promptly got covered by the towel. Few seconds later, he was free, outside.

Edited by Larth, 01 March 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Good hunting!
Try not to hurt the little fella (or yourself) to much. ;)

#3 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Finally... a story where the Atlas gets the squirrel through tactical positioning ;) .

#4 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Larth, you crazy batlastard.

See what I did there ;)

#5 Larth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostEgomane, on 01 March 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Good hunting!
Try not to hurt the little fella (or yourself) to much. ;)

Yeah did get him. With some work and a whole freaking lot of luck. Apparently praying to Lady Luck works.

View PostRushin Roulette, on 01 March 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Finally... a story where the Atlas gets the squirrel through tactical positioning :D .

Though at 5'2" and 105 lbs soaking wet, I'm not sure if I qualify as an Atlas except maybe to the squirrel. I know sharks have laser beams, so glad squirrels don't. When he jumped my towel, the only thing I could think "Oh gods, he played Baldur's Gate also. Not the eyes! No!" I think my brain needs rewiring.

View PostCubivorre, on 01 March 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

Larth, you crazy batlastard.

See what I did there :ph34r:

Me? A battlestard, how dare y- ooooh, I gets it. *grins* Apparently I cannot hit a target irl either. Dang Squinners and their jump jets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users