Lo, Lets Say A Pilot Is (Possibly)Looking For A Unit.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

This pilot has looked at a few recruitment threads. He's thinking about filling out a couple apps, but before he does...

What this pilot (me) is potentially looking for:

Completely laid back environment.

No compulsion to be on voice coms unless I'm actually dropping with the unit. (When I'm only logging in to play for maybe 5 battles before my wife puts dinner on the table I have no interest/need to get on voice comms as I'll be dropping solo-- and sometimes I don't feel like wearing a headset)

Not interested in being around anyone who has a compulsion for going e-rage on team mates if plans don't get executed exactly how they played out on the sand table. Been there, done that. Have no patience for listening to some joker have an aneurysm because we just got steamrolled.

People who'll understand that I don't tend to speak a lot, mostly just listen. My wife and I share the computer room and I don't like annoying her with with a bunch of game babble.

Lastly, an understanding that I'm a family man who sometimes has to hop up out of the computer chair at a moments notice, or who may need to divert his attention to his 10 year old when she needs something. Sorry if I didn't focus fire Alpha at that moment, my kid was asking me a question and she's much more important than a video game.

This may seem strange, maybe it doesn't. Much like units want recruits to "tell us a bit about yourselves and why we should consider you"... I'm a potential recruit that likes to reciprocate the same towards a group I may think about joining. Vetting goes both ways. I'm also not trying to sound like some kind of super picky snob, but I'm trying to avoid joining another group that's going to wind up not being anything like it was six months later because of constant leadership changes, restructuring and other such drama.

Oh..

I'm an average mech pilot who is only as good as the team he's with. I'm just looking for some easy going adults to play MW:O with on occasion. Give me a plan and I'll stick to it until it falls apart and a new approach is needed. (Did 8 years active duty, so I'm used to that kind of thing)

[edit- don't necessarily need to respond in public, PMs will work too]

Edited by Shard Phoenix, 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#2 Iron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

My advice to you would be to drop with a few teams and see if they are what you are looking for.Hope you find a team that fits your needs

#3 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

My group /C4/ may be a good fit for you. Check out our post on this forum. If it sounds like what you are looking for then feel free to drop in and we can get a few matches in.

#4 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

NGNG teamspeak has a ton of units online most days. I advise dropping with some units ;)

http://nogutsnogalaxy.net/ Is the website. TS icon is on the right hand side of the page, just click to connect.

See you on the battlefield MechWarrior.

#5 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Oh, I'd say that you'd probably find C4 a reasonable fit. Your specs for a group are pretty much in line with our recruitment posting on this forum. I'm a family man as well, wife and kid, and I'm not the only one, as you can see from Asaru's post above.

Funny that you and I have similar resumes. I'd like to think I'm better than average, but I'm probably not... My kid is ten, and I was in for eleven years. Navy submariner.

Good luck!

#6 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll sneak into some TS's this weekend :lol:

@Rashhaverak:
I was Navy as well. Fire Controlman/Master-At-Arms

#7 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Sneak, SNEAK, golum!!!!

Just stride in, clink your academy spurs, and demand a slot in a drop.

Sneaking's for Liao troopers.

Good Luck
Good Hunting
Have Fun.

#8 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Howdy Chewie

#9 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

<S>

Mustang

#10 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hidey-ho.

Spent some time with a great group of guys last night, clicked with them right away as a matter of fact. (Or it could have been whatever chemical substances they slipped into my drink. *nurses hangover* )

Thanks for having me /C4/! I'll get my mic issues sorted out soonish, so that way I can be slightly more useful in a tactical environment.
:P

Edited by Shard Phoenix, 10 February 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#11 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hrmm c4 sounds decent, do you guys have a lot of real world vets? 13 year abrams tanker/cavalry scout here. I find i typically take the recon role in my spider and don't quite think the pugs are making the best use of that data.

Fairly average player who can't quite keep up against lights, though hopefully that will improve when i switch to better hardware. Its hell trying to support a mortgage by your lonesome. Lol

#12 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hi Khajja,
We do have a few vets on the team and always happy to meet more. If your looking for a fun and laid back team then stop by the House Davion TS3 sever and we can get some drops in.

House Davion TeamSpeak 3 server, address 50.22.145.232:7345

#13 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Which of the subs? C4 Dropship? And whats a good time to find you guys?

#14 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

We have a couple of subs that we do drops in. The C4 dropship is just one of them. Most of our guys are on after 6pm during the weekdays.

Just look for any one with the tag /C4/.

Edited by Asaru, 02 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#15 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Asaru check out the Robinson Rangers we have a large number of units from the casual to the hardcore as well have many many open positions at the moment we have a rank system and award system but it is up to you if you would like to drop with some rangers just look for the RRB tag on people in the NGNG ts our website can be found in our recruitment threads

the key to finding a unit is -will you have fun there- and that is all that really matters as most davion units will end up working together in CW anyway just go where you think you will have fun

#16 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi AmACE thanks for info but I'm not looking for a new team. I'm a co-leader of C4. We are a long time House Davion unit that plays regularly on the house TS3 server.

Its always nice to meet a fellow defender of House Davion. Good luck out there and I look forward to CW and playing with the Robinson Rangers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users