Technical Readout: 3145

145 replies to this topic

#141 Nerroth

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

At the moment, the best source of info on the Fortress (and the Blackout) is the BattleTech e-novel A Bonfire of Worlds. (I'm hoping there will be more on both topics in Field Manual: 3145 and/or the ilClan sourcebook.)

Spoiler

Edited by Nerroth, 01 September 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#142 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Field Manual 3145 came out today in PDF. Reading through it right now and I will post what info I can.

Delvin Stone is alive, and has been in cryogenic hibernation since 3130. He was supposed to awaken in 3180, but has been tracked down by "Tucker" (who was the guy that ComStar kidnapped from the Republic after they found out he was figuring out how to repair the HPGs, this apparently leads to the Republic retaliating and destroying ComStar.) and awoken in 3145.

Still no mention of what exactly the "Fortress Republic" is other than this quote by Delvin Stone himself: “It’s not a wall, it’s a blind. And when we drop it, we’ll ride out and bloody well make everyone respect us.”

Another thing of note is Delvin Stone feeling fear when Tucker informs him he used to be with ComStar and saying "No… I killed the Word of Blake. I did. It’s dead.” So he might not be a Wobbie sleeper agent after all, or is just playing it off real well. :ph34r:

Edited by Evinthal, 09 September 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#143 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Well well well.....
first i went to the end - look at the new toys:
although i believe i allready found a mistake:

TSEMP weapons are only effective against targets weighing more than 200 tons and cannot be effectively used
against conventional infantry at all.

Then I went into the Lyran Commenwealth Chapter.....and strange things happened.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
God damit Archon ***** i will wipe your bloodline from existence....

They have disbanded the Skye Jaeger in 33....(there was a Skye Jaeger Fafnir in the throne room (bonefire)...how could that be)

This is a call to arms - to all true sons of Skye - this time we fight a crusade - another holy war - and we will correct histroy this time

Edited by Karl Streiger, 09 September 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#144 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have found several editing mistakes and typos myself, but yeah the TSEMP one made me scratch my head and go "Wut?"

#145 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostEvinthal, on 10 September 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

I have found several editing mistakes and typos myself, but yeah the TSEMP one made me scratch my head and go "Wut?"

I really hope that the disbanding of Skye Jaeger is a typo - but even when the event isn't a typo - the time is.

I'm still refering to Bonefire - the first assination attemp was in 41? With a Skye Jaeger Fafnir in the throne room - that doesn't make sense when they were disbanded in 33...they surely mean 43!

While reading - i can't wait to get my hands on the full 3145 TRO - I expect some "Celestial"

Hm - based on the anounced Street Days... the TRO is out on tommorrow

Edited by Karl Streiger, 10 September 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#146 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

The Print Edition of the TRO 3145 was released at the start of September.

Finally the last PDF - TRO 3145 Republic was released - if you have bought all former faction TRO - the final TRO is not necessary - and you got the recordsheets too.

Those Poseidon and Ares Tri-Pods are really interesting....in comparison with the Omega their weapon loadout looks much better - because they use energy weapons.
The look of a Heavy GaussRifle in the Arms is interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users