Mechs You Would Love To See And Why

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Just want to see what people would like to see in this game, rather it was pratical or not.

Please state why you want to see this mech in the game and try to find at least three variants to use in the time frame the game takes place.

Here is a link to a site that has most of the info you should need: http://www.sarna.net...Sphere_%27Mechs

I guess I'll start:

Urbanmech: UM-R50, UM-R60L, UM-R63
Because they were EVERYWHERE! My advise would be to make them into one variant that is given to new players with a free mechbay and make it so that it cannot be sold and must be playable (its stock engine unsellable). I would also give it 1-2 hardpoints of every weapon so that they can experiment with it, as any new player mech should let you.

Highlander: HGN-733, HGN-732, HGN-734
I think all the other variants would be either to rare or to late for the games current time frame. This is also a classic mech that was seen throughout the innershere.

Locust: LCT-1V (worst variant for this game), LCT-1E, LCT-1M, LCT-1S
Locust is a well known and yet again seen throughout the innershere. True mostly as an anti infantry/scout mech, but some of the variants are interesting and would have massively different hardpoints.

Assassin: ASN-21, ASN-23, ASN-101
A humanoid fast medium with jump jets! Also has different hardpoints then the Cicada. The ASN-101 variant might not be able to work, as it was a very rare make, and rumor has it only three where fielded in the chaos march, however all other variants have weapons not in game yet or are to late for the game.

Hatchetman: HCT-3F,
This would be a great mech to have only because it was so signature of the innershere, along with its popularity rise during the clan wars. However there doesn't seem to be that many variants to use as they either don't have the weapon in the game yet, or is beyond the time frame (again).

Vindicator: VND-1R, VND-1AA, VND-1SIC, VND-1X, VND-3L
This mech would fill a few roles, and is also balanced like the centurion with its ranges. It would also make any fans of the panther happy, as they share weapon systems... It is also a common mech as Lyrian alliance mass produces them.

Charger: CGR-1A1, CGR-1A5, CGR-1A9, CGR-3K
A fast 80 ton mech and one variant has jump! The main variant CGR-1A1 looks pretty crappy with only 5 small lasers, if i saw it right, but a stock speed of 86.4? Yet again, one seen within the draconis combine and Lyrian alliance.

Guillotine: GLT-3N, GLT-4L, GLT-4P, GLT-5M,
A SLDF mech that was still in use and upgraded many times with less or more tech as times dictated. A common sight on the battlefield.

Axeman: AXM-1N, AXM-2N,
This is a mech I would really like to see in this game. I mean come on! This mech is common, and quite popular. I know the axe would be useless in this game as it stands, but so was ECM at a time. Also it has a notable pilot from an old cartoon series that us 'old timers' might remember from our childhood. Adam Steiner as a hero mech maybe. Sadly at the time frame there are only two variants and no rare ones either...

Oh give a shout out if you want a mech already posted!

Edited by Nathan Bloodguard, 02 March 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Mechs I would love to see in game:

Crab: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Crab
CRB-20, 27b, 27sl.
A fairly standard mech that was being considered as a replacement for almost all med mechs in the SLDF. Ended up getting production cut short because of the fall of the Star League. The wasn't placed back into production till 3050 (current year).
The 20 has 2 large lasers, 1 med laser, and cheap standard tech.
27b has double heat sinks and 2 ER Lasers and 1 med laser.
27sl has XL, DHS, 2 Large Pulse and a Med Pulse, and comes with jump jets.
Not much variation, but I'm sure you can change out the number of energy slots in each one, giving certain points different number of hard points. We also have no med laser boat (besides the Cicada, which counts as more of a light for most peope). Also, one variant would have jump.

King Crab: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/King_Crab
KGC-000b, 0000.
A nice 100 ton mech, and one I'd be willing to pilot. Hate the Atlas (for looks). Sad part is it only has the two variants in time line, if even that. The 000b might be lostech at this point. It also needs to have an AC20 in each arm, but with the removal of the lower arm aculator, that could still be worked around like the Yen-Lo-Wang.
Each comes with the same weapons, just changing out some tech for ammo or armor...

Champion: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Champion
CHP-1N, 1N2, 2N.
I've always had a love of faster moving mechs for their weight class. So I like this mech and the Charger. Sadly, would probably share a lot of roles and compete with the Dragon for it's role.
Has a mix of AC, Missile and Lasers. Most different version is the 2N, with a Gauss and PPC. Hard point wise, might be hard to make them different, but the 2N probably would be enough of difference to make the other 2 versions work.

Being a Davion fan, I'd love to also see the Enforcer as a standard Davion Faction unit, as well as the Wolfhound (Kitatia would gain the Wolf Trap as a faction mech), the Dervish, and of course the Victor...

#3 Kaishaku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hellstar: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hellstar
Hellstar-1

4 ER PPCs - thats alot of heat...
30 DHS - Yes that's right THIRTY!!!

Need I say more. Too bad Ill probably never get a chance to pilot the damn thing :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users