The Batchall

26 replies to this topic

Poll: The option to have a Batchall (41 member(s) have cast votes)

To batchall

1. yes (26 votes [63.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.41%

2. Voted no (15 votes [36.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Have you ever felt the need to get annoyed at some one or wish you could face them 1 on 1 becuase they simpley annoyed you or said something on text chatt & voice chatt. well i have & i think its necessary for a batchall against individuals, houses or merc lances. Its in the Battletech.

You dare refuse my batchall..... refuse your what !!!.. wmahahahahaha lol its so sexual !!

The point im making is a option to fight selected players for honour. Not for money but maybe weapons & mechs can be bidded.

Ofcourse a batchall should be issued outside the current match. Maybe have a statisticly batchall ranking... doesn't just have to be 1 on 1. can be1 lance vs another lance or 2 mechs vs 4 mechs for honour.

Its just a system to allow those who want revenge.

#2 Kvidar

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

I would agree to batchall calls only if they are kept separate of regular missions. The last thing i want when running my merc corp is the backbone of my defensive unit getting into a massive ******* contest and losing his atlas, leaving the rest of our company to fend for ourselves. But...if you could do it separately of the regular missions, i'm more than all for it.

#3 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostKvidar, on 23 June 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

I would agree to batchall calls only if they are kept separate of regular missions. The last thing i want when running my merc corp is the backbone of my defensive unit getting into a massive ******* contest and losing his atlas, leaving the rest of our company to fend for ourselves.

but that's the point :3

Edited by Battlecruiser, 23 June 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#4 Odweaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 23 June 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

but that's the point :3

Exactly, you keep challenging each of the enemy team one at a time.

#5 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostOdweaver, on 23 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Exactly, you keep challenging each of the enemy team one at a time.

Especially since drawing aggro with "taunt" is my special technique.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 23 June 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#6 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

Clan ritual. Maybe it will be so when the clans invade.

#7 XIRUSPHERE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

If such a thing came to be it would be nice to have an honor system based on the bids you made and how you gained victory and were defeated taking class values and after combat statistics into consideration.

#8 Nikohki

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Are we talking batchall or the practice of zellbrigen? I think we're going off topic here or some people may be confusing clan terms :P

Edited by Nikohki, 23 June 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#9 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostNikohki, on 23 June 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Are we talking batchall or the practice of zellbrigen? I think we're going off topic here or some people may be confusing clan terms :P

which one is the one that's about dueling? It's all spattering gibberish to me so I apologize for my ignorance

#10 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostNikohki, on 23 June 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Batchal and Zellbrigen are both clan rituals. Zellbrigen just is used for the Warrior Caste

#11 Bruticus Stickalot

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

this is inner sphere not some clanner crap so get over it already

#12 Nikohki

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostNoth, on 23 June 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Batchal and Zellbrigen are both clan rituals. Zellbrigen just is used for the Warrior Caste

I know that. The topic was batchalls yes/no. That's just the declaration of the upcoming battle and what you bring to the field, and what's at stake, etc. But people are talking about issuing single combat challenges during a battle. That's zellbrigen. I just want to make sure we're clear on what's what.

#13 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Batchal is the clan pre-battle bidding ritual. It has nothing to do with calling out an opponent on the field.
ANYONE, clan or IS can issue a direct challenge. See Warrior: En Guard (BT novel for those of you who are new to our world). Assault mechs show up last to the fight, raise arms, and everyone else stops and watches the slugfest (the victor beats the awesome, oops, spoilers). Between that loss and the conditions on the field, the Kurita raiding unit withdrew.

#14 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostNikohki, on 23 June 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

I know that. The topic was batchalls yes/no. That's just the declaration of the upcoming battle and what you bring to the field, and what's at stake, etc. But people are talking about issuing single combat challenges during a battle. That's zellbrigen. I just want to make sure we're clear on what's what.

Yeah, had to put my 2 cents in there too. As to the batchal itself, kinda pointless until the clans are in game. When they are, it would make for a neat way to balance things out vs IS foes, but I don't foresee a way that people aren't gonna get fed up with being bid away... Telling your best bud you had to bid him out of the game you are playing together just so you could 'win' the mission is one canon thing that just won't translate well. People are gonna be here to play.

#15 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

hey hey !! The batchall was a reference to what the clans do. I was just mentioning a system that allows people to a chance to bring vengeance or settle a dispute against another player. Why i thought a statisticly system of honour would be nice for the challenges of versing other individuals or lances... Should just have solaris VII arena where people come to fight & "you can invite a nemesis into the arena" & pluss have personal bets with weapons/mechs on the outcome of the fight. Just to tip the scales of exitement between the other competitor directly. :P I would seriously love this..... But you cant bet C-Bills. only mechs & weapons.

#16 00dlez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

No for 2 reasons...

1) any sort of challenge or bidding system is far outside the game abilities ATM

2) I always refuse clanner batchalls.

#17 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

While the Batchall is a clan term, the Inner Sphere is no stranger to mechwarrior duels, most mechwarriors being at least minor nobility in a feudal system after all. I would love to see duels with a stat showing how many duels you have either lost or refused, risking only the repair cost of your mech and gaining nothing but another stat and the satasfaction of blowing away the person who insulted your mother or accused you of being a hazor or total newb. The stat would help guilds determine who's anoying by how often they've been challenged.

edit: wow I didn't know that word would be censored, removed.

Edited by Ricama, 23 June 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#18 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

Then again, I always agreed to the trial in MW4 and betrayed it lol

Or something like that

#19 Ian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

Keep the clan crap out till the clans show up.

#20 deshamus

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

While I appreciate the concept of using the batchall as a method of attempting to show up the opposition I disagree with it being i use while we are looking at an inner sphere game scenario.

My suggestion for how this would be better managed is the ability to target either the faction or the mercenary group of the person with which you have a beef and attempt to put some sort of game effect in place to hinder their advancement (if the devs let it happen).

Invading a support planet and leaving it in smoking ruins is a pretty good method of extending the middle finger........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users