11 replies to this topic

#1 Corwin Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 631 posts
  • LocationChateau, Clan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Out of 8 players last game 3 of them were AFK.

Also saw another guy disconnect at the beginning of every game about 6 times in a 3 hour period.

Is this people trying to lower their Elo? Farming money? Wasn't there a period where you didn't get money for losing, only for contributing? There was no macroing/farming problem back then....

It gets worse in the middle of the night.

It's silly that you see the same people being rewarded over and over again day after day for ruining everyone elses games. I mean how hard was it to do something about the self destruct guys last time it was this bad?

I can understand not wanting to ban players who might give you money but what about the ones that have given you money and have to play through this bull crap.

#2 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Just reported one serial disconnector myself.

They stuff up matchmaking, and leave the team that gets them a player down.

You need to remember that discos get XP. For some, it's easier than grinding. I see a serial disconnector actually playing though, and they become my primary target.

#3 Corwin Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 631 posts
  • LocationChateau, Clan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

I guess my question is why do they get anything?

If there is no reward, and hopefully a punishment, then it won't happen.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Disconnecting removes many of the match payouts one would normally receive (most often resulting in a zero sum payout) although I'm not sure if the Cadet Bonus is being accounted for. Maybe it is still possible to 'farm' your 25 match cadet bonus, this needs some investigation.

File an email to support@mwomercs.com with the player's name and when this occurred.

#5 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 04 March 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Disconnecting removes many of the match payouts one would normally receive (most often resulting in a zero sum payout) although I'm not sure if the Cadet Bonus is being accounted for. Maybe it is still possible to 'farm' your 25 match cadet bonus, this needs some investigation.

File an email to support@mwomercs.com with the player's name and when this occurred.

Is that something that has changed? Because I used to crash some what often and when I've crashed even before the match started my cbill count would go up once the mech became available.

They should just make it give you nothing at all if you disconnect in the first minute or so. Yeah it wouldn't be cool if you did crash but how often does that happen now.

Edited by dario03, 04 March 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#6 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

You guys sure they were disconnecting and not getting client crashes/freezes?

Because my game freezes every 4-5th game played, I probably disco from the server after my client timeout..

#7 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 04 March 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

I don't think it's about the C-bills.

I think it's more about the XP.

Remember, these accounts are either being prepped to sell (in which case they'll need proficiencies), or for possible later use (if not banned).

XP is harder to accumulate than C-bills (at the start of a mech's operation).

Kill all match rewards for discos who have zero other XP awards in the game.

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postdario03, on 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Is that something that has changed? Because I used to crash some what often and when I've crashed even before the match started my cbill count would go up once the mech became available.

They should just make it give you nothing at all if you disconnect in the first minute or so. Yeah it wouldn't be cool if you did crash but how often does that happen now.

If you crash partway into a match it's very different than if you crash (or leave) at the beginning.

#9 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostOpCentar, on 04 March 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

You guys sure they were disconnecting and not getting client crashes/freezes?

I met the same guy in three games in a row, with different Mechs each time, and he disconnected after startup in every single match. And this happened with three different persons.

So either they all had severe technical problems at the same time, or they were farming in some fashion. I think the latter is more likely.

#10 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

This is a sign that your elo is low.

#11 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostGregore, on 04 March 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

This is a sign that your elo is low.

Not necessarily. The disco queen would have been rotating fast through the games.

At that time, the player base may have been low enough that a gap in ELOs between teams forms. A low ELO player usually makes a good "filler", hence why the Disco Queens end up in so many matches. I hit the same guy 5 matches in an hour.

#12 Stone Profit

• Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Postdario03, on 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

There you have the reason they dont give zero rewards to discos. sometimes people crash and arent intentional discos. Report the serial, he will get banned, and all his hard earned *ahem* c-bills vanish in a puff of virtual smoke.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users