The Cicada Hero Mech's Stats (Courtesy Of Ign)

18 replies to this topic

#1 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

• Max Engine Rating: 340
  • Top Speed: 133.7 kph
  • Torso Twist: 125 degrees to each side
  • Armor: 268 points Ferro-Fibrous
  • Weapons & Equipment:
  • Left Arm: Medium Laser
  • Left Torso: Medium Laser, SRM 2
  • Right Torso: Medium Laser, SRM 2
  • Right Arm: Medium Laser
  • Hardpoints:
  • Left Arm: 1 Energy
  • Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 Missile
  • Right Torso: 1 Energy, 1 Missile
  • Right Arm: 1 Energy
  • Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
  • Heat Sinks: 13 Double
  • Jump Jets: n/a
  • ECM Capable?: No
  • Module Slots: 2
  • 30% C-Bill Bonus
Actually looks like a really capable Light-hunter.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostGarfuncle, on 04 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Actually looks like a really capable Light-hunter.

Yeah.

Too bad 3Ls will still eat it up with the ECM.

Maybe if you can get 2 SRM6's on there without sacrificing too much speed.

#3 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Mostly what folks expected then, though the full suite of built in upgrades (endo, FF, DHS) is a nice little bonus for the billz. It'll be a nasty customer when people start getting into the nitty-gritty of getting it running. I'm anticipating 4xMPL/2xSSRM will become the go-to build for a lot of folks, and any light without ECM will hate it with a passion. I'm rather curious how larger SRM systems will work myself - a quick double-salvo of SRM-4 fire out of each tube could give this thing nearly 4SP-level firepower at half again more speed.

Hmm...now if only I had money...

#4 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Put two srm6 in that thing BAM 133km/h atlas hunter. P2W here we go

Edited by Thoummim, 04 March 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#5 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

So it's basically a Hunchback 4SP with less salvos and massively higher engine cap.

Now THAT's cheesy....

#6 Jamalot

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

...and don't forget you can run backwards at 90 kph

#7 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 616 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

View Post1453 R, on 04 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Mostly what folks expected then, though the full suite of built in upgrades (endo, FF, DHS) is a nice little bonus for the billz. It'll be a nasty customer when people start getting into the nitty-gritty of getting it running. I'm anticipating 4xMPL/2xSSRM will become the go-to build for a lot of folks, and any light without ECM will hate it with a passion. I'm rather curious how larger SRM systems will work myself - a quick double-salvo of SRM-4 fire out of each tube could give this thing nearly 4SP-level firepower at half again more speed.

Run an SRMCAT for a few games.

I'm sure if you get fiddle around with the energy loadout a bit you can get a couple SRM4's at least on it and tell ECM to go redact itself...

3L drivers' whingefest in 3...2...1...

#8 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 04 March 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Yeah.

Those launchers feature 2 tubes only. A single SRM6 shoot from there would mean 3 salvos of 2 missiles each, it's unlikely that they'll hit anything, but dual SRM4 when used on static or large targets could be really interesting.. I use dual srm4's one in the CT and the other in the arm of my AWS 9M and i love how tight the spread is and this renders them a great crit seeker. Placing a SRM6 doesn't give the same effects, the recycle time is punishing, if you're on the move you'll miss the last salvo and the spread is fairly larger.

Edited by John MatriX82, 04 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#9 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I actually like Cicada's, so I'll be buying it. It's the first hero mech I've looked forward to really.

#10 Gregarius

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Not sure if I want this....

From the first look I have a couple of problems

(i) Price, as all upgrades and extras added at the very beginning. Meaning you have to shell out all of this and cannot upgrade later using your CBills. -> X5 is going to cost between 4k-5k MC for a 40 ton mech. What?
(Price calculated based on the CTF-3D MC cost compared with CTF-ILYA.)

(ii) Neither ECM nor Jump jet capability. At least one of these would have sweetened the deal.

I would rather see a TBT-5J in my team than an X5. Btw you can easily build a bit slower 5J with better config and with JJ.

(iii) 2*2 tubes... Arms would have been a great place for the SRMs and would have enough space to put in more tubes on the model.

I don't even know what was the idea behind this mech.

This was a great chance to give us a great CDA variant with JJ & missile arms, but nope. I will have to wait for the Omni... in a couple of years I will be able to build it.
:crying in the corner:

#11 Stone Profit

• Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 04 March 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Yeah.

ERPPC plus SSRM2 will kill those pesky crows ecm or not

#12 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

If it already has all the weight-savers already, it'll be extremely difficult to upgrade much of anything. There's literally no room to play with short of downsizing the engine, armor or other weapons. I'd also have to think anything bigger than a streak or SRM2 would be a waste. Firing in waves at 130+kph is going to be a mess...

#13 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

According to the stats, it comes with 13 DHS. One could cut a heat sink easily enough to upgrade the launchers to Streak variants if they so desired. Or, if Pirahna was weird and gave it two tons of SRM ammo, cut one of those for said launchers.

An engine downsize wouldn't necessarily be an end-of-the-world thing, either. An XL300+Tweak has very nearly the same movement profile as the 330 while saving a significant chunk of weight for such a tonnage-starved little monster. I've run an XL300 in my Cicadas plenty, without Tweak even, and I can still generally outrun all the same things I could've outrun with a 330.

Heh...admittedly, I'd be looking at maximizing efficiency rather than pure burst damage on my X-5. Make the cuts to fit SRM-4s rather than Streaks or SRM-2s, keep the basic medium lasers, perhaps only knock it down to the 320XL I yanked outta me 3M. The little ******'s got a lot of armor for a Cicada, I'd prefer to leave that there and make use of the cray-zay weight/damage efficiency on SRM tubes. Having most of the firepower of a 4SP clocking around at 130+ klicks - weighted against medium enemies rather than light in the matchmaker, no less! - sounds like a plan I can get behind. Y'know, once I have money again. Stupid money...

Also, Greg: Hero 'Mechs seem to be a set 75MC per ton price tag, from what I've seen/read. Meaning that the X-5 will cost an even 3k MC regardless of what it comes equipped with. Heh...in this case, the more upgrades it has the more cost-effective it is for its price - you'd pay 3k for it even if it came with standard everything, so it really was awful nice of PGI to just up and hand us the two-odd million C-bills it would have otherwise cost to get all those upgrades stuffed into it.

#14 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

That's probably going to be a pretty great way to maximize this, 1453 R. Cut the engine back a bit, plug in SRM4s in the 2s, and get the elite speed tweak to get you right back at default speed.

#15 Scaarz Fodder

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I like the thought of upgrading to SRM4s. If you go SSRM2s you will still have to achieve a lock, but two salvos of 4 dumbfire missiles could really be something. :D

Edit: Fixing basic arithmetic.

Edited by Scaarz Fodder, 04 March 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#16 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Or one could possible cut the engine back a bit more, get around 120 with spead tweak, and try to fit in 2 medium pulse lasers with the 2xSRM4s.

#17 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

It might take a few tries to figure out the mod for it, but assuming the SRMs feel like they are from a Jenner, I could see springing for it.

PPC, TAG, and two streaks don't sound so good, thought …

#18 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I've already got my base templates built in smurfys. While I can't actually build it there yet, I can put everything but the missiles on it using the 3M or 2B as it's base, then do some minor arithmetic to fill the gaps and I'm really looking forward to running this mech. XL280, 300, and 325 builds are my set build points that I find best suited for CDA min/max builds, with armor shifted to round out tonnage.

#19 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Pretty sure I'm going to run a near stock config with 2xSRM4 and an xl320.

With this mech and the combination of state rewind, should be fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users