29 replies to this topic

#21 kracked49

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 104 posts
  • LocationUnknown system

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

To be honest, I do not own a single hero mech, but I plan on buying the Cicada hero mech. It will be very fast and with the missiles in the torso it will keep the missiles close together. Now this mech has a chance of killing the raven ECM pest. Please note I later sold this mech. It was a mess because it overheated like mad.

Edited by kracked49, 24 March 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#22 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts
  • LocationA little to your left.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Putting ECM on any hero mech is a bad idea unless they scale ECM back. I can only imagine the tears of unfathomable sadness that would erupt from the P2W crowd if an MC-only mech with ECM was released, especially if it was the only variant of a chassis to have it. In the case of the Cicada, there would be two ECM variants, more than any other chassis. Hero mechs are not designed to be better than every other variant of the chassis, so it is extremely unlikely that things would change with the Cicada. In the case of the CDA-X5, the missile hardpoints distinguish it from the other variants. Adding ECM would not only allow for a RVN-3L + 5 tons, it would clearly make the X5 the best Cicada, period. Because of this, it makes no sense to me that some people thought it would have ECM.

Edited by Angus McBeef, 04 March 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#23 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

It doesn't need ECM when it already rules.

-k

#24 Drach

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

ECM is great but it is over used and over rated.
IMO if you "NEED" ECM on a light/fast mech to have fun piloting it then do what you do. I am looking forward to this mech and I can live without ECM, the missle hardpoints are the big selling point for me.
Thank you PGI :P the cicada needed a missle variant and I will be buying one after the patch

#25 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostSkyCake, on 04 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Let me break it down for you, let me hold your hand like a little child... they said heroes wouldn't be p2w.. hero mech does not have ecm... therefore ecm would be p2w... ergo ECM is OP..

Or since we are still in beta and the current ECM may not be the finnal version of ECM. Many people will purchase a hero mech with ECM specificly because it has the current ECM feature they will complain and demand MC refunds if ECM features change significantly.

Or perhaps the current design plans is for no more than 1 mech varient of a specific chassis to have access to ECM.They already have a Cicada with ECM.Ergo no need for another ECM equiped Cicada.

Stating that the hero cicada's lack of ECM is proof of ECM being over powered is in fact a total strawman argument.You have failed to supply any data relating to ECM other than it's not going to be available to a hero mech that supports an argument that ECM is over powered.

A purposeful argument would supply data that can be confirmed and that supports the point of the argument.

I do agree with you that ECM is over featured and I feel has influenced to much of the game's meta game and mechanics as well as it's repeated use of developer time to change other features to suit the unaltered ECM feature.

#26 MethosSr

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

In the training ground screenshot looks like 4 med lasers + 2x SRM2...

#27 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostGrizley, on 04 March 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

It really is a trash Hero. It looks like garbage, and it doesn't have a unique hardpoint layout at all.

Wasn't that said about every Hero Mech before it is released? :P

#28 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Or they just wanted to curb

"OMFG X-5 IS P2W" posts by 15%.

#29 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostSkyCake, on 04 March 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Proof that PGI feels that ECM is OP!!!!

Discuss!!!!

I would love to discuss this for the 293480234209 time !!! How nice of you to be so considerate....

This isn't proof of ****. There is not a single hero mech that has ECM. Why would this one ? Its sad that people think the only thing that currently makes a mech viable is either ECM or the ability to boat weapons. Either SRM6, PPC or Gauss.

This game is getting extremely lame. People boating weapons is killing it for me.

People are apparently not realizing the problem with ECM isn't really ECM. Its that mechs that have it can run streaks and can't be hit by them. Probably the most ******** OP weapon in the game when they are combined with ECM. Even without ECM, streaks are stupidly OP. Ravens with both dominate the battlefield against any other lights. I have yet to hear anyone yelling on the forums about how OP the Cicada 3M or the Spider is. Mainly because they don't have streaks and get dominated by ravens.

#30 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

uh.... I'm happy with my 2 x ER-PPC & ECM Cicada. No hero needed.

View PostImperial X, on 04 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Probably the most ******** OP weapon in the game when they are combined with ECM. Even without ECM, streaks are stupidly OP. Ravens with both dominate the battlefield against any other lights. I have yet to hear anyone yelling on the forums about how OP the Cicada 3M or the Spider is. Mainly because they don't have streaks and get dominated by ravens.

It's called 'running' away from Ravens in a 'strategic retreat'....

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users