Enhanced Thermal Vision

5 replies to this topic

#1 TC Living Tired

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

I frequently rely on thermal vision in-game to help identify targets, especially in dark or otherwise low visibility maps. While playing on Caustic Valley and flipping on Thermal, I was left thinking about how it could be made useful there. The possibility that came to mind was based on the existing zoom mechanics. I.E. that there were multiple levels to toggle through using the same button. What if the thermal vision had this same function, but instead of zoom level, altering the 'frequency' of heat displayed -- the sweltering heat of Caustic's background heat level, for example, could be displayed as the 'neutral' for that area, making any heat above or below that stand out more effectively. And like with zoom, the possibility of an 'advanced thermal vision' module, perhaps?

While I'm not sure how exactly this could be implemented, I thought it was worth suggesting. If it could be done, I think that it would be an interesting addition to the optic options already available.

#2 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I believe the consensus is that IR vision is too good at the moment. Buffing it would imply that one would need no other vision type.

#3 Renthrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 04 March 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

I believe the consensus is that IR vision is too good at the moment. Buffing it would imply that one would need no other vision type.

I must have missed the day we all voted on that one. A handful of vocal players does not equal a consensus. If YOU think thermal vision mode is overpowered, say so. I, personally, do not.

#4 Dreepa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

I was always happy that on caustic, I dont play the game in bluescale.

Then they "fixed" heatvsion on that map.

I say "fixed" cause to me it really was totally making sense, that you cannot see a cool running mech in a 85C degree hot environment, It just wouldnt stick out....

#5 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm finding that more and more people are using thermal vision as their default method of play. It needs to be nerfed in my opinion.

It currently allows you to see enemy mechs at ANY range - there should be a range limit.

#6 Renthrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

With the adjustment to thermal vision on Caustic and the upcoming vision mode changes, I think the general intention of this post is pretty much covered.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users