Rage Threads... Yup Keep Shooting Yourself In The Foot.

37 replies to this topic

#21 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

In fairness... most of them inundated and hijacked by raging commentary post with.

Granted I did not get to see "all" of them... but let's be realistic.

I'm sure we can agree that it was bit heavy handed of the Mods to do that. And it helped worsen an already controversial issue.

#22 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Shhhhh.... don't say that too loud or they'll revoke my rubber-room membership! :lol:

I'll trade you, my already questionable grip on this reality thing is being tested.

#23 Talesin BatBat

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Maybe I should change that to the kindly schoolmarm? :lol:

You have clearly never been in a lively academic debate. Usually they're the ones swinging chairs at your head.

#24 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 05 March 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'll trade you, my already questionable grip on this reality thing is being tested.

Eh you'll be fine. I've seen worse on forums over the years. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

You'll develop a healthy cynicism/apathy for all things and you'll be mostly at peace, punctuated by periods of white hot rage. It's almost Zen.

Edited by Thirdstar, 05 March 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#25 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

i see the problem. this gun shoots only down at feet..it needs a buff.

#26 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 889 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

How many locked and deleted threads are you folks going to create with the misguided premise that somehow your adolescent rage threads rift with vitriol and and angst is how your supposed to be taken seriously?

Fine... take issue with the recent content developments but... I dunno... pretend like your talking to your local pastor?

I understand (or at least I'm trying to rationalize it) your rage but if you really want to effect change and have your opinions matter, show a little maturity maybe?

I'm seeing a lot of valid point being made but it's largely getting lost in the noise and projectile vomiting...

I'm not saying bend-over and take one for the team... Just show a little self control and try to be rational maybe?

Have you ever watched the South Park episode where the anti-war and the pro-war protestors are going at it? The end conclusion was that we need both, the anti-war to look like a responsible country and the pro-war to successfully defend oneself.

Apply here. We need the responsible reasonable type to show that the community actually consists of sane respectable individuals; but we also need the loud-mouth vulgar forum-flooders to makeit clear how very strongly we all feel about this issue.

#27 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Many people have to vent before they can be rational about things dear to their heart. Kind of like clearing the emotional chaff out before the rational brain kicks in.

That being said, I don't see that cussing out the devs is of any practical value. Then again, I am one of those odd people that rarely uses words like ******, ********, *********, ******** *****, ********, or even "astererik, asterick, asterick, asterik". I guess i am advocating a civil toned rage. :lol: (Yes, I am aware of what an oxymoron is).

#28 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Eh you'll be fine. I've seen worse on forums over the years. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse.

You'll develop a healthy cynicism/apathy for all things and you'll be mostly at peace, punctuated by periods of white hot rage. It's almost Zen.

The internet community equivalent of Yin & Yang? One must be present for one to exist and maintain balance...

I can tell you one thing for sure... the hostility on this forum is definitely screwing with my MW:O Feng Shui...

#29 Willie Sauerland

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

More bird food! Yay!

#30 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostFlyby215, on 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Have you ever watched the South Park episode where the anti-war and the pro-war protestors are going at it?

Well, think of it this way. If they are against the war, yet create a war in their own town, are they still anti-war? :lol:

But yes. Sometimes, force is necessary. Whoever thought that twisting community up like that, first with coolant reimplementation and then with it's propesed P2W nature surely had a really rough weekend.

#31 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

i had that ragey thingy an hour or two ago luckily I P2W'd and flushed my coolant and was left with only the desire to be obnoxious in obnoxious threads. It was a tuesday miracle.

#32 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Posttenderloving, on 05 March 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

Both cases are a betrayal of trust. It's an extreme comparison but it's not inaccurate.

No, it isn't. Let's be real, non-internet based human beings here. It's not the ******* same at all.

#33 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostFlyby215, on 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

[size=4]

Have you ever watched the South Park episode where the anti-war and the pro-war protestors are going at it? The end conclusion was that we need both, the anti-war to look like a responsible country and the pro-war to successfully defend oneself.

Apply here. We need the responsible reasonable type to show that the community actually consists of sane respectable individuals; but we also need the loud-mouth vulgar forum-flooders to makeit clear how very strongly we all feel about this issue.

The point is holes in our feet hurt, and mostly only server to leave us whining about about not being able to walk anymore.

Calling this mob sane and respectable might just be an insult but I get the gist. The problem is between pure rage threads, the urge for mischief, and just straight up missing the point nothing has yet gotten the point across.

#34 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 05 March 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

I had that ragey thingy an hour or two ago luckily I P2W'd and flushed my coolant and was left with only the desire to be obnoxious in obnoxious threads. It was a Tuesday miracle.

Granted folks are dropping "F" bombs left and right around here today but let's keep this thread "kid friendly" and not discuss your perverse act of "flushing coolant"... :huh: :lol:

#35 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hmmmm, I keep ending up in the bird land.

I might make poor choices.

#36 Statixstorm

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

The sky is falling! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

In response to everything that PGI has done up to date, herds of people have come screaming and raving to the forums about how this or that is P2W, and how PGI has some secret master plan to screw everyone over.

You can barely even read general now as everything devolves into rage/hate threads with what I assume are 12 year old children circle jerking to the "PGI hate train".

If you don't like the game, that's cool, there is the door, that's the beauty of F2P games, you DON'T have to spend money, and if you did, I assume you enjoyed the game enough to pay money, and if you didn't enjoy it and still broke out the plastic, then you made a mistake, live with it.

#37 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

The internet community equivalent of Yin & Yang? One must be present for one to exist and maintain balance...

I can tell you one thing for sure... the hostility on this forum is definitely screwing with my MW:O Feng Shui...

My earliest involvement in online gaming community was on the CIty Of Heroes beta forums back in 2004, From there I've either lurked or been heavily involved in nearly every single MMO forum till now, including but not limited to WoW, STO, Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan, SWTOR, DDO, LOTRO, DC:UO, Champions Online, Guild Wars and on and on.

And let me tell you, this forum is tame by certain standards.

#38 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

What I like is the vitriol based off of what is almost entirely conjecture. Nothing solid, no one has played with the consumables yet. We just have a Dev post telling us how they are currently planning on implementing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users