No replies to this topic

#1 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Let me start by posing a question to you all.

When did the PC gaming community make money?

Was if before or after the introduction of the micro transaction based games?

In the olden days we use to go to the game store and purchase a game that was a finished product, tested and ready to go! We'd buy it go home install it and play the hell out of it to complete missions, then we'd go online and play with a community that didn't post so much negativity on forums. We had fun! Then the game maker would release an Expansion pack and we'd rush out to buy it! WOW new content, new maps, new stuff to play with and new missions! In the old days you could buy a PC and play just about anything you could buy off the shelf.

Now....

We go online, join beta's and watch to see if the devs make it something we want or totally destroy it and ruin what we though would be epic greatness! We buy into the game and while they tweak it and build it we get frustrated and board, we rage about how bad things are and worry it's becoming pay to win. We've lost the joy of purchasing a finished product and replaced it with buying into an unfinished project that costs us way more to play then the buying a game from a store. So now we're left with a community that wants to support PC gaming, but has a hard time trusting in it. Sure you can argue that it's your choice to buy into it while it's in beta, but realistically if you don't you know you're behind if you wait for a full release before you do.

Console gamers are on the rise because they don't buy into Beta's, they get finished products and buy add ons. This I feel is part of what's driving people away from PC gaming, that and for less then $300 you can get a console that plays tons of game titles while yo have to spend more then $1000 on our PC's to play some of the games we want to play.

My point here is that I think the new way of doing PC games is the root of the problem of frustrated players, low sales, and generally waning long term interest in a title. I think the system is broke and should be rethought!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users