#1 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

The new testing grounds are a great addition to this game. However, why not allow groups to go to the testing grounds together? This will make it much easier to teach a new player how to move/shoot/about heat/damage. I think something along these lines may be in the works, but I don't see why this wasn't an option from the get-go.

#2 Mintastic

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Agreed, would be nice to drop into testing grounds in a group.

#3 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

My complaint is, the Mechs are not powered up.. I don't expect them to move.. However, as is they can not be "detected" unless they are LOS. Testing / training with BAP, Adv Sensor, and Adv Targeting Ranges, doesn't work. Even a Mech 400 meters away on the map is hard to miss, "alpine" map for example is hard to find all 8 mechs on.. So the Question now is, are the mechs powered down?, or does BAP not "detect" to 800 meters like it should.. in addition to them being powered up, give some ECM and some with no ECM. I'm curious how this black magic works..

Edited by Aurrous, 05 March 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#4 Helbourne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yeah the testing ground is nice. Perhaps having some mechs but not all mechs powered up. That way you can see the BAP working.

It was nice to see where the head hitboxes are on mechs. The Catapults side windows should count towards the CT not the head. Its like that on the Cataphract. Heck the Atlas left eye (right side when facing the mech) is so small by comparison.

#5 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

"It was nice to see where the head hitboxes are on mechs. The Catapults side windows should count towards the CT not the head. Its like that on the Cataphract. Heck the Atlas left eye (right side when facing the mech) is so small by comparison. "

The Cataphracts head needs to be changed... the Catapults Head is odd also, under the nose??
The atlas and the Comando both are right eye hits, and Dead!! the Jenner, AWS, and Treb are where you think they would be..
i cont rem the rest.. But the Mechs need to be active.

#6 Cpt Jason McCarthy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Because maybe it is not hosted on a server ?

#7 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostAurrous, on 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

The Cataphracts head needs to be changed... the Catapults Head is odd also, under the nose??
The atlas and the Comando both are right eye hits, and Dead!! the Jenner, AWS, and Treb are where you think they would be..
i cont rem the rest.. But the Mechs need to be active.

Catapult is on the cockpit windows, not under the nose.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users