41 replies to this topic

#21 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostGolfin Man, on 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I love to listen to people complaining about their dakkamets sucking, try hitting precision shots instead of hoping you'll double fire through everything in sight. Can't tell you how many times I've plowed into that juicy XL while some pathetic fool thinks they can fire ten trillion UAC5 rounds before I core through their left/right torso. All this being said even before the patch it seemed like they jammed with a nearly hilarious frequency, guess it's not that funny when you're only defense is three jammed weapons. Chain fire is a thing. So are lasers.

I suppose chain fire is a thing, I suppose it also doesn't matter if they have the ability to jam on the first shot and when not double fired. I suppose your point is irrelevant now.

#22 Battlefinger

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I jammed every single shot of the match, so that's that weapon finished.

#23 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

still nothing on this...

#24 Zylox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostGolfin Man, on 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I love to listen to people complaining about their dakkamets sucking, try hitting precision shots instead of hoping you'll double fire through everything in sight. Can't tell you how many times I've plowed into that juicy XL while some pathetic fool thinks they can fire ten trillion UAC5 rounds before I core through their left/right torso. All this being said even before the patch it seemed like they jammed with a nearly hilarious frequency, guess it's not that funny when you're only defense is three jammed weapons. Chain fire is a thing. So are lasers.

Man, you're angry. Guess you don't like people having fun in a way that's different from your way of having fun? That must make your life exceptionally stressful.

#25 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

2 topics now! people are noticing... PGI is not

#26 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I believe it is mech dependent. On my Cicada, the UAC5 was jam-city. However on my Dragon, I could practically just hold it down, only scoring a jam after 4+ shots! I don't have as much as an extensive selection of mechs as some, so can someone test this out? Or, better yet it can be a group effort with everyone posting their mech + UAC5 jamming experience. If we can compile a list, it can be sent to devs and it should get noticed.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 11 March 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#27 UberPotato

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I am not noticing a difference when it comes to jamming.

I HAVE noticed the random shot after unjam.

I stopped using UAC/5s in closed beta because they would jam on the first shot and then you would have to select/unselect the numbers to unjam it. So be happy you don't have to do that.

As far as excessive jamming, good! I run my founders4g with 2UAC/5 and I can drop stuff FAST provided they don't jam. I think if they jammed less, they would be way too overpowered.

#28 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Either some people just aren't sophisticated enough to notice or they're not actually having the same issues. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say that perhaps HSR is causing a problem and only people far from the servers (Canada) are having this issue. I seriously doubt it though

#29 Ghost_19Hz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSHB

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

It seems that something is wrong (lagging) with the server authentication, it then determines that you attempted a double shot, even though you have not. Some matches though, i have next to zero jams, others it jams first shot 3-4 times in a row.

#30 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostPythonCPT, on 15 March 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

It seems that something is wrong (lagging) with the server authentication, it then determines that you attempted a double shot, even though you have not. Some matches though, i have next to zero jams, others it jams first shot 3-4 times in a row.

It does not happen in testing grounds.
It does happen online especially with +100 latency.
Conclusion:
It has something to do with server authentication and high ping.

#31 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

I also have been having the jam on the first shot without trying to double fire issue.

It is incredibly annoying.

My ping runs between 25 and 45 most of the time.

#32 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 15 March 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

It does not happen in testing grounds.
It does happen online especially with +100 latency.
Conclusion:
It has something to do with server authentication and high ping.

Agreed, I noticed the same thing.

3 threads on this now, more and more noticing the difference since last patch

Edited by Jaxass, 15 March 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#33 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

I built a AC/5 and UAC/5 Catapult K2 for the Trial mech challenge, and have not experienced the same extreme jamming reported by others. Even with both the triggers held solidly the whole time, My UAC/5 still burned through 2 tons of ammo faster than a AC/5 did, and that includes the time lost to jams.

#34 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 March 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

I built a AC/5 and UAC/5 Catapult K2 for the Trial mech challenge, and have not experienced the same extreme jamming reported by others. Even with both the triggers held solidly the whole time, My UAC/5 still burned through 2 tons of ammo faster than a AC/5 did, and that includes the time lost to jams.

And did you do this in the test grounds or on a server, and what awas your ping and what area do you live in?

#35 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

So after further testing tonight I have noticed when playing significantly late (2am+) jamming decreases significantly. Somehow I think HSR is playing into this problem along with higher ping/higher server load

#36 HankTheTank22

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

I just finished a few rounds in the testing grounds with my dual UltraAC 5 Cataphract. Here are some of my observations.

1. The "jam after first shot" does not seem to happen if you let the reload bar on the wep panel run back to zero. However, if you hold down the mouse button a split second too long, the game thinks you fired another shot while the reload bar is greater than zero, and will apply the jam chance. I had one test where this happend and another where it never happend, dispite my attempts to replicate it.

2. Sometimes an extra shell comes out as the Ultra AC5 unjams. I have never seen this until this latest patch, and I have run Ultra AC5 builds since January. This problem seems to be a known issue.

Comments:
There have been many times where my UAC5 jams on the first shot during PUG's. But it does not seem to happen as much (or at all) on the testing grounds. Perhaps lag does play a role in creating this.

Edit:grammer

Edited by HankTheTank22, 16 March 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#37 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

I have the 3 ultra ILya and i noticed that the jamming after the last2 patches is getting ridicolous. It cannot be that after 1 or 2 shoot all 3 ultras are jamming.No diffrence in chain fire mode or single mode or both together. I drive the Ilya since he comes out with this config and i dont want to change them. BUT on testing grounds i have NO problems with them.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 17 March 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#38 ZX3 EBDA

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

I had two in my Atlas, but dropped them for a AC/20 because they would jam every other shot. Never have I seen a weapon system so unreliable...

If the navy can make a deck gun that doesn't jam. Why can't an advanced civilization make one that doesn't jam after the first shot?

#39 UberPotato

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Ok, at first I didn't realize the jamming because I too was playing with mechs in the "all new" testing grounds at the time. But yeah, with doubles, it seems like it is shoot, jam, shoot jam, shoot, jam. I usually run about 6 tons for twin guns, and most of time I barely even get 2 tons down before the match ends or I get blasted.

If people are saying it isn't happening on the testing grounds, then maybe it has something to do with the fastfire perk. You guys noticed it got swapped for weapon convergence in terms of exp needed. And efficiencies don't work in the grounds.

#40 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

So I ran some tests today. I think the problem is with shooting a fraction of a second early. I had a jam rate over 50 shots of 40%, not 25%.

The easiest fix seems like to have holding the button down only do regular fire and having to literally 'double-tap' to get faster fire (and the risk of a jam).

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users