Looking to create a Liao unit on U.S. servers!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Space Coyote

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hats off to Preston's Lancers who look to have their stuff together over on their side of the pond. I have been unable to find anyone organizing a similar unit here in the States. I see some of the other factions are starting to lock down members and get established. I would like to see that improve here. If there is interest I will be happy to get the ball rolling. I can get a website up and running and get vent/teampspeak operational.

I propose we re-establish the following unit, based off the assumption that no current cannon unit will be allowed to be represened. The PREFECTORATE GUARD. This was one of the three regiments of the Cappellan Hussars that was destroyed in 3032 during the Andurien Invasion, and is not reconstituted again until the late 3050s. Totally absent in this time period! If you are interested please voice your support, if you are not interested, please let me know too. Depending on the replies, I will know whether to start working!

V/r

Space Coyote

A summary and plot hook follow:

[color="#000000"]The traitor Justin Xiang’s sabotage of the Confederation to our great enemy Hanse Davion at the start of the Fourth Succession was among the darkest days of the CCAF. His betrayal struck at the core of the realm. Not only did the Confederation lose more than half our worlds to the hated Federated Suns, but moreover we learned that the Fox’s hidden agents yet lurked at all levels of the CCAF. If the hated Federated Commonwealth was left unchecked, it threatened to consume the whole of our Confederation. [/color]
[color="#000000"]In her infinite wisdom, Chancellor Romano Liao began a series of secret reforms designed to ferret out the remaining traitors in our ranks and feed misinformation to our adversary. The Chancellor watched intently as our ally the Draconis Combine beat back the resurgent Davion imperialism of 3039. [/color]
[color="#000000"]Theodore Kurita’s reforms and advanced technologies first ground the Federated Suns’ invasion to a standstill and then followed their adversary to his home, reclaiming many Kurita worlds lost to the Fox in the Fourth Succession War. Using Kurita’s reforms as a model, the Chancellor put new effort into recovering lostech and equipping our best units with these new technologies. [/color]
[color="#000000"]The wisdom of Kurita’s establishment of secret “ghost” regiments unknown to the enemy was self-evident, especially in light of Xiang’s leak of the Confederation’s complete Table of Organization and Equipment to the Fox at the start of the Fourth Succession War. The famous Capellan Hussars, headquartered on Sian, were the perfect choice for the Chancellor’s experiment. [/color]
[color="#000000"]The Capellan Hussars, traditionally comprised of three regiments, had been left under-strength following the destruction of the Prefectorate Guard at the hands of the Defenders of Andurien on Betelguese in 3032. Chancellor Liao wisely reconstituted the unit in secret, equipped it with best lostech available and assigned her most loyal battlefield commanders. This unit would not be included on any deployment table and would thus remain hidden to the eyes of the Federated Suns. The Prefectorate Guard will operate clandestinely to engage the Fox by surprise at the Capellan Confederation’s time and choosing. [/color]

#2 DarkCable

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have interest in joining the cause!!!

DarkCable

#3 Justin Wolf

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

im interested

#4 kiyoshi

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTulare, CA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

I could get behind this, but wouldn't you rather represent one of the warrior houses? Or a St. Ives unit? Being that during this time period the St Ives is separate, I don't see why you couldn't continue on as one of their units, they are still Capellan citizens.

#5 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Being as I work nights, US times would suit my schedule.

#6 Howling Mad Murdock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sian....but sometimes Essex, UK

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Please feel free to join Preston's Lancers and build a US Unit :) My idea for Preston's is that we can create a worldwide presence on Mechwarrior Online, feel free to join our recruitment page and if you would like to run the US side of things please let me know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users