#1 Aszot

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGdańsk

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...detail-display/

As we can clearly see here, it does have missle slots. And what are your thoughts? OP?
P2W? Finally adequate arnament as Jenner?

#2 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

How about no ECM... It's either something that will move faster with jumpjets but 5 tonnes lighter... or a the wingless variant with 5 tonnes of cartlidge and fat...

Honestly, I don't expect much from this mech... it might become part of a recon lance, providing SSRM in combat with enough ecm cover (balanced weight drops), or might pack a hit and run tactic to SRM4's in those torso's... only time will tell.

#3 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Eh, I just see it as a 10 ton lighter version of the 4SP I run with 4 mediums and 2 SRM6, with the added 30% Cbill boost.

Probably going to pass on it. The only hero mech I've found worth it so far has been Muromets.

#4 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

No ecm not pay to win despite my desire.

#5 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

So, using the Cicada 3M as a guide template, I did this.

CDA-3M

Leaves you six tons free for 2xSRM4 plus two tons of ammo. Or you can do one ton of ammo and go for an extra dhs.

#6 Voyager I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

It's literally a Jenner D with no jumpjets, lasers that don't aim together, and missile tubes that will double-volley trying to fire an SRM4.

In fairness, the Jenner D was the best light mech in the game before ECM and is still #3 now, so that's not a huge condemnation, but at the end of the day there's not much reason to buy this thing when you can do the same thing better in regular/Founder's robot.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

I still want to test this thing out with a pair of LRM 10's on it, just to verify the 2-missile-volley. When matches start sorting by drop weight, having decent lightweight LRM boat builds will be important. The 50 tonners are good, so the question is whether or not you can make a good 40 ton LRM platform. (ala the Whitworth)

#8 Voyager I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

This thing won't be a good LRM boat. You'd be spitting out missiles in five groups of four (or ten groups of two if you consolidated into a single LRM 20), meaning your salvos would be severely spread out, losing more missiles to AMS and giving the enemy extra time to find cover while reducing your own rate of fire (missile launcher don't start recycling until the entire salvo is out).

If you want a medium missile boat, the Trebuchet can launch 30 missiles in a single volley and packs jumpjets to help it get shots off in difficult terrain.

Also, having a team built around LRMs does not mean that your lighter mechs need to be LRM boats themselves. Lights don't really have the tonnage to make intimidating fire support platforms, and an LRM team still needs scouts, skirmishers, and people to contend capture points.

#9 locilocisu

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostVoyager I, on 05 March 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

It's literally a Jenner D with no jumpjets, lasers that don't aim together, and missile tubes that will double-volley trying to fire an SRM4.

Cicada has a non articulate arm, so the lasers will aim together most of the time. Only time it wouldn't is when you look all the way up or down. But left or right, they move together.

#10 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostVoyager I, on 05 March 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

In fairness, the Jenner D was the best light mech in the game before ECM and is still #3 now, so that's not a huge condemnation, but at the end of the day there's not much reason to buy this thing when you can do the same thing better in regular/Founder's robot.

Uh, Founder's mechs aren't available anymore.

Sorry, I just happen to like the Cicada, and the X5 can actually do something significantly different than any of the variants.

#11 ViKingOmega

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

I am a Cicada Pilot and I am super excited to finally get a Hero Mech for my FAV. This will be my first Hero Mech purchase and I'm hoping it will be awesome enough to make me want to get more in the future... Maybe the Catapult or Atlas Hero... Most definitely the Highlander Hero. Oh and also JagerMech this month OMG pleasure overload!!

#12 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

O_o No option for an AMS?

#13 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yeah it appears to be the first Mech without an AMS slot.

#14 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

With lasers finally doing the damage they should be this mech should be a nightmare to lights. Even giving 3Ls a run for their money.

#15 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

in that last picture the cicada has the pc gamer skin on...

**** YEAH

#16 Voyager I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 05 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Uh, Founder's mechs aren't available anymore.

Sorry, I just happen to like the Cicada, and the X5 can actually do something significantly different than any of the variants.

Jenner D's are, though, and my point was that while this Cicada does something other Cicadas can't, it doesn't really do anything that mech couldn't manage.

#17 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostVoyager I, on 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Jenner D's are, though, and my point was that while this Cicada does something other Cicadas can't, it doesn't really do anything that mech couldn't manage.

I've been on your side of the conversation before, so I feel obligated to mention the other side: that you have ten extra tons to pack in more armor and/or more weapons. You can't run 2 SRM 6s and 4 ML in a Jenner and go nearly as fast as in the X-5, IIRC.

#18 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Other than, y'know, be a Cicada. That and the Jenners can't mount two SRM-6 (not that doing so in the X-5 is a fantastic idea, but it can).

The X-5 here just got a spot as my third Cicada chassis after I sold some organs on the black market robbed a couple banks staged a Kommando raid on PGI's headquarters acquired some extra funds through mysterious means. Yeah, my X-5 carries the same armament as an optimized Jenner D...but it does so while carrying more armor than a Jenner can, and while also allowing me to acquire Elite and Master-level efficiencies for my BHS and DST variants, as well. I consider that a fair usage of the chassis. Besides, it's named after beer and painted by a colorblind rheddnekk. What's not to love?

EDIT: Really, PGI? Yer cuss filters don't let r*dneck through?! Come ON, guys!

Edited by 1453 R, 05 March 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#19 Beefer

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Wait, explain to me why mounting 2 SRM6s is a bad idea? I've played 3 matches in mine and have 2 Stalker kills and an Atlas, in addition to two light mechs. It's a Hunchie SP with less armor and +35kph - i've had ~300 damage twice and had a 689 dmg match. The multiple launches (there are three) aren't necessarily a bad thing if you know they're coming and you time them. Most of the time I can hit with one or two of the SRM flights even on light targets.

I'm new to Cicadas, so if there's something I'm missing please fill me in, but I'm liking the twin SRM6s.

#20 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

New Cicada is a weaker trebuchet 3c with less tubes, armor, and a hair more speed. It costs a lot less to setup since you don't need a 7m mech and a 5 odd million engine which fits pretty well with pay for conveniance, a slightly inferior mech, and a cash bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users