P2W, Slow Progression, Insane Prices For Mc.... Are They Trying To Drive Off Players?

98 replies to this topic

#1 HighPoint

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Are they TRYING to discourage new players from joining MWO???? I payed 15 ******* dollars for the X-5, the price for MC is too damn high.... At this point, Hawken has better graphics, smoother game play, cheaper P2W (i know its bad but its a lesser evil) and a hell of a lot less bugs (ECM raven hit boxes anybody?)

They need to make this game more friendly to beginning players in the sense that it takes for ******* ever to earn C bills (even with a hero mech) and not pilot a POS trial mech...

I also cant wait to see how bad they screw up Jager, because after they ruin that for me, I think I might call it quits...

Just my rant, anybody else agree?

#2 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostPublic Brutality, on 06 March 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

They need to make this game more friendly to beginning players in the sense that it takes for ******* ever to earn C bills (even with a hero mech) and not pilot a POS trial mech...

lol wut?

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

i've given up on the game. they are going to keep trying to slip P2W on us.

theres no balance director. The huge buff to artemis was not in anyway done in relation to the big picture. ECM still has not been fixed, sSRMs have not been looked at.

PGI is really showing their standard of low expectations. I had high hopes, but history tends to repeat itself, and MWO like all of PGI's other games will be a crap game.

Edited by Tennex, 06 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#4 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Tell us how you really feel

#5 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Prices on on par with the most successful f2p games of this kind.

Hawken is buggier at this point with a much smaller playerbase.

As a new player after 25 games you will have at least 9-10 million. More than enough to buy and outfit a couple mechs. They also just added the training grounds for you to test things out and figure out how to play. It is much better for new players.

You just sound like you simply won't be happy with the game no matter what.

Edited by Noth, 06 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#6 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

View PostTennex, on 06 March 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

i've given up on the game.

No you haven't.

#7 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

I payed 15 ******* dollars for the X-5.
...the price for MC is too damn high.

And people like you are the reason the prices are too high. Stop paying outrageous prices, and maybe, just maybe, they'll learn to not grossly overprice their items. As long as people are dumb enough to pay for obviously overpriced things, they will continue to charge way too much. Stop it.

At this point, Hawken has better graphics, smoother game play, cheaper P2W (i know its bad but its a lesser evil) and a hell of a lot less bugs (ECM raven hit boxes anybody?)
Gonna have to disagree. Aside from the fact that it took two days after installing and registering to even get to play the game, Hawken looks no better, plays like ***, and has an even smaller community than MWO.

#8 HighPoint

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Ive been running my X-5 since noon EST and have only racked in 1.5 mil... Not a pro at this ride yet but i do fairly well with it....

#9 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hopefully drive off the bad players like those who can't make money. One gets paid what one contributes, play well, earn well. Play poorly, well come here and cry. :lol:

#10 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Burn through your cadet bonus already? Your first 25(I think) matches give you a ton more money.

#11 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yes, PGI and IGP hate us.

#12 HighPoint

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostNoth, on 06 March 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

As a new player after 25 games you will have at least 9-10 million. More than enough to buy and outfit a couple mechs. They also just added the training grounds for you to test things out and figure out how to play. It is much better for new players.

are you pugging or premade? i could understand that if you won every game and never had to repair... I was a die hard chromehound player on Xbox, this is the closest thing to it since they killed the server, I just love true mech game play....

View PostRG Notch, on 06 March 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hopefully drive off the bad players like those who can't make money. One gets paid what one contributes, play well, earn well. Play poorly, well come here and cry. :lol:

Ive been top 4 more games than not. Granted the X-5 isnt a kill machine i get 3-5 assists and part kills. and cadet bonus? never got that...

#13 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostPublic Brutality, on 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

are you pugging or premade? i could understand that if you won every game and never had to repair... I was a die hard chromehound player on Xbox, this is the closest thing to it since they killed the server, I just love true mech game play....

Ive been top 4 more games than not. Granted the X-5 isnt a kill machine i get 3-5 assists and part kills. and cadet bonus? never got that...

Pugging. No one pays for repairs now. If you aren't getting a cadet bonus then something is wrong because you should be getting that unless you already had 25 games played at which point you should had gotten a flat 8 million cbills.

#14 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

A high volume of new players is necessary for any F2P game to survive. MWO is no exception.

#15 HighPoint

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

also, why should i have to pay to paint my mech? ITS PAINT

View PostNoth, on 06 March 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Pugging. No one pays for repairs now. If you aren't getting a cadet bonus then something is wrong because you should be getting that unless you already had 25 games played at which point you should had gotten a flat 8 million cbills.

i just BARELY had to afford a cataF C4....

#16 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

The new player experience is a lot better than it used to be but still has a long way to go.

- no tutorial
- poor explanations of mechanics (heat, locks, overrides, XP trees, equipment functions, upgrades like Ferro, ect)
- trial mechs still more often than not mobile coffins
- NO IN-GAME VOICE COMS (STILL)

It's tough for new players, just a fact. The better the new player experience, the more retention and possible paying costumers PGI would have. Cadet bonus was a good start, but they're crazy for not getting on the stick about it.

And I agree MC prices are far too high. I'd buy every hero mech if they were between 500-1000 MC. Especially if they came with a bay (which is so obvious it hurts)

There are legit problems with this game. It's OK to love MWO, but when you refuse to recognize and address it's many flaws you are hurting it more than helping it.

#17 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

No you haven't.

I have.

#18 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

DERP.

#19 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

OP, You're like a fat person blaming McDonalds for their unhealthy food while upsizing. You complain about prices and yet still bought a hero. Way to get your point across.

Plus I can kill ravens fine in my dragon. If I'm in my own ECM raven it's even easier.

And if PGI are trying to drive off players, I guess like with the perception as is, they're going pretty slow with that goal too.

Been hearing how this game is doomed since early last year. First is it wouldn't last a month, then 3, then 6, now a year. /yawn.
Starting to sound like the Mayan bs.

And I'm still waiting for all you chaff to leave so that only founders can play but the majority of pug matches still don't show the tag on the scoreboard.

#20 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostPublic Brutality, on 06 March 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

also, why should i have to pay to paint my mech? ITS PAINT

i just BARELY had to afford a cataF C4....

You pay for paint because PGI has to pull a profit without going completely pay to win.

You should have been able to buy and completely outfit a Cat C4 after 25 games. Seriously, this seems more user error than the game not having the issues you claim it to have.

Edited by Noth, 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users