Most Hilarious Complaints !

45 replies to this topic

#1 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth (Germany)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I think it's just funny to see what some people post on these forums. I'm not talking about constructive critics or just posting opinions. I'm talking about these people that state (like a fact) that this or that is breaking the game, will make them quit and will kill the game in the next couple of months.

Usually there is a rule that for each person voicing a complaint there are about a hundred that have the exact same opinion (but just don't voice it).

As for people ragequitting it seems to be the other way around: per one hundred people posting about quitting it feels like there's about one who really does it.

And the stuff that people complain about is just hilarious ;)

Streaks, LRM's and SRM's are too powerful. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
Community warfare isn't implemented yet. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
ECM is too powerful. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
Trying get every color is too expensive ! It will kill the game ! I'm quitting ! (my personal favourite !)
Hero mechs are pay to win ! It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
Boating is powerful ! It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
On Alpine my short range boats don't work anymore. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
Consumables before the rework were pay to win. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
Consumables after the rework cost too much GXP. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't voice our opinions. The devs NEED our feedback as beta testers. But people should maybe think about the way they word their posts... or not, cause these posts always make me smile :D

#2 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

people telling us what we can and can't complain about. it will kill the game ! i'm quiting !

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

This thread will quit its existence in the general discussion and will be reborn in the Off-Topic section. This is killing the game! I'm Quitting!

#4 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 07 March 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

people telling us what we can and can't complain about. it will kill the game ! i'm quiting !

Very true! I'm quitting!

#5 Jay Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 209 posts
  • LocationJumpship in the Periphery

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Oh my personal favourite is 'I was going to spend some money but <insert stupid asshat reason> so now I'm not paying anything and I'm quitting.

You know what?

GOOD! QUIT!

Bottom line - we don't pay - YOU don't play. Simple.

#6 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

my flamer commando got called CHEESE, i was just rofl waffling as i flamed a stalker to death as his SHIEET aim and torso twist+flame in his face made him spam med lasers everywhere, but on me and overheat every alpha.

#7 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

ac/2 is op

^ yes i have been in a game where my 4 ac/2 4x cataphract has been called op. dude couldn't shoot me due to constant shaking and bright lights.

Edited by dal10, 08 March 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

"...but this time from the perspective of a Light pilot.

The past 6 games I got legged, disarmed and one-shot killed. These 6 games have been the shortest I ever played. Couldn't see it coming, death out of nowhere.

Something is definitely wrong.

No, I am not a 3L pilot. I play Spiders almost exclusively.

I think State rewind helped solve the problem with Lag shields, but it took us into another extreme."

It's impossible to beat that one, altough flamer Commando cheese is nto far from it. :ph34r:

#9 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostEgomane, on 07 March 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

This thread will quit its existence in the general discussion and will be reborn in the Off-Topic section. This is killing the game! I'm Quitting!

Mods moving threads so others can't follow them.

This is killing the game.

I'm quitting!

:P

Edited by Willie Sauerland, 08 March 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#10 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Forgot about those:

Not getting 3rd Person view right NOW sucks. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !
Maybe getting 3rd Person view at some day in the future sucks. It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !

Edited by Runenstahl, 21 March 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#11 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Listening to people raging in the game is also quite funny:

They should call it LRM Warrior Online. Thats it. It'll kill the game. I'm quitting.

So you change your mech and behold ! Next match the people don't rage about LRM's anymore. Instead:

They should call it PPC Warrior Online. Thats it. It'll kill the game. I'm quitting.

I guess for some people it's only fun & fair if the enemy team only uses weapons like flamers and MG's (unless they make kills with those or they'll complain about that too).

Edit:
And don't forget this: "You getting a lucky headshot and killing me is OP. That's it. I'm quitting." :D

Edited by Runenstahl, 25 June 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#12 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

If I think there's not enough bile and screaming in my life, I just visit these forums!

#13 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostXajorkith, on 26 June 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

If I think there's not enough bile and screaming in my life, I just visit these forums!

You arn't quitting? Didn't you read the thread? You are disturbing our anger. I'm quitting! :(

#14 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostEgomane, on 26 June 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

You arn't quitting? Didn't you read the thread? You are disturbing our anger. I'm quitting! :P

Egomane's anger is OP. I'm quitting. :(

"The Centurion's arm draws too much fire. I'm quitting!" and "Bring back the AH or I'm quitting." were good ones too. The AH was a pain to Master, kept running out of ammo, overheating, or both, even with my best builds, I do not miss it.

#15 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

I miss the centurion AH. It and I ruled the battlefield, destroying all that opposed us with the sweet elegance only an ac/20 could bring. The Wang is just a cheap red-painted harlot in comparison.

I miss it dearly.

Im quitting.

#16 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

So... I decided NOT to use LRM's (auto-aim weapons are for noobs), Streaks (the same), PPC's (multi-ppc's are OP !) or SRM's (SRM-boats are OP !).

Guess what ? Right, I got "Dual AC / 20 is an OP noob build ! Those things are destroying the game. I'm quitting !"

Sigh...

Let's see, if we take out all those overpowered "noob" weapons out of the game.... it will leave us with:
Lasers (of all sizes and types)
MG's
Flamers
AC/5, AC/10 and LB10X
and maybe (just maybe) the Ultra AC/5

Interesting... maybe those weapons should be made a tad bit more powerful ;)

#17 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Damage from energy based PPCs is instantaneous...It MUST BE FIXED (paraphrase actually on NGNG!) It's a particle accelerator cannon!!!! YES, it's instant, yes it's energy...Yes it moves close to the speed of light, so yes it will be faster than it's ballistic cousin, the gauss, which magnetically propels the slug at supersonic speed. Sorry PGI, but YES LIGHT MOVES FASTER THAN SOUND (*Epic facepalm*)

Edited by Stalephreak, 13 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#18 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Just now in the forums:

Hit detection is working ! My lights are dying when trying to fight assaults head on ! It will kill the game ! I'm quitting !

Also:

PGI not bringing out more maps is killing the game. It will be dead by time X (a few months, next year or whatever prophecy the poster is making).

Which replaced the old "PGI only gave us a new map this month. But I want feature X instead (new mech, gamemode or whatever). It killing the game. I'm quitting.

Funny thing: after all those people quitting and prophesying about the game being dead... we're still here (although I'm much more playing then using the forums for quite a while now).

#19 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

I have to dodge Ghost Heat! I'm quitting!

I have to think for myself! I'm quitting!

People don't like my idea! I'm quitting!

View PostEgomane, on 07 March 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Not in Jettisoned? I'm quitting!

Edited by DavidHurricane, 03 May 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#20 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Double post? I'm quitting!

Edited by DavidHurricane, 03 May 2014 - 04:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users