#1 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

hey guys!

i always thoght i like davion best from all the factions...but with CW coming some day, choosing a faction will be something important

i prefer piloting a C1 or K2 catapult (lrm or ppc outfit...not splatcats) or centurions (ylw or al) and love a green-brownish paintjob for my mechs like that one:
Spoiler

do i fit into the affs regarding my mech and paint preferences?
and if so, which unit could fit me?
or if none fits...where have you might seen a green-brown color pattern with other faction's units?

i thank you very much for any lore help :)

#2 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

bah! Paint schemes and mech choices dont matter.
You want to be a Davion? Be a Davion, we ALWAYS could use good pilots.
Look here http://mwomercs.com/...-regiment-list/ as most of these units are probably recruiting.
As well...go in and drop with some Davion on the official Dav Teamspeak server http://mwomercs.com/...ion-ts3-server/

#3 Gaddafi Duck

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ditch the PPC cat.

#4 ArchApollyon

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 22 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

PPC cat is very good when implemented right, especially with the new EMP effect. You should play what you like. As for the colors It doesn't really matter there are so many different units with different colors that you can pretty much find every color scheme in every house. If you want to find a unit with those colors i would recommend looking around on the internet, its probably on sarna.net though I'm not sure where. There is always room for another Davion player on the Teamspeak servers so If you want to play with some people just go there.

Edit*
Found a place http://www.camospecs...ction.asp?ID=17
I saw several that have somewhat similar paint jobs to you also a unit that doesn't have specified colors.

Edited by ArchApollyon, 02 March 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Let me sup up for you.

You use 1 Capellan mech, 2 St.Ives mechs and a Kuritan mech, use a brown camo... and don't fit autocannons on everything.

That is a perfect fit......... for a St.Iver. :)

#6 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostAdridos, on 02 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Let me sup up for you.

You use 1 Capellan mech, 2 St.Ives mechs and a Kuritan mech, use a brown camo... and don't fit autocannons on everything.

That is a perfect fit......... for a St.Iver. :ph34r:

Trolllll ..............................................................
in the dungeon.................................................
thought you should know *Faints*

ok back to seriousness it dosent matter what mech or setup or paint at this moment as right now it is just you the players choice what unit what you need to do is research the lore on http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

then you run a few matches and talk with a few people make friends then by the time you are done you will find a home. hope that my help helped

#7 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostAdridos, on 02 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

That is a perfect fit......... for a St.Iver. :D

what exactly was St. Ives?
i understand that it is a planet, but how people tend to use the name i think there is a deeper meaning to it, that i do not understand yet.

and sarna.net didn't help much :/

#8 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostIacov, on 04 March 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

what exactly was St. Ives?
i understand that it is a planet, but how people tend to use the name i think there is a deeper meaning to it, that i do not understand yet.

and sarna.net didn't help much :/

St.Ives Compact is a nation that seceded the Capellan Confederation during the last Succession War in 3029.

You know how both Liao and Davion are and they are kind of a buffer between them. They have equipment of both sides, they are generally peaceful and are basically what happens when Davions and Capellans start working together.

This little kingdom of their's is ran by Candace Liao, who is the sane offspring of Max Liao and took the nation with her, as it was her Davion husband, who started the war and she knew it was a lost cause. Basically, a sane opposite of our current Chancellor Romano Liao, who she will kill later with the help of Capellans themselves. She will let Sun Tzu live and he will become the first sane Chancellor in quite soem time, ultimately taking St.Ives territory back in 3063, while still letting Candace to rule the realm, since he only wants to reunite the Capellans and wants to do it with as few losses of lives as possible, which is achieved by a peace treaty.

Right now, it is basically the Capellan Confederation, but without the crazy leader.

Also, here's more info on Sarna: http://www.sarna.net...t._Ives_Compact

#9 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

thank you very much :)

#10 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Iacov you are best suited to read up on the factions and how they came to be like for example:

Federated Suns are The Allies of WW2 Basically where their UK,USA,and other cultures affiliated with them from way back in 1700s up to WW2 period. All planets and and peoples derive that sentiment on this way of life. However the AFFS and the Davion house follow 1 true leader known as the First Prince who takes command of the AFFS as well as Is the leader of the government body.

Most first princes often derive from the main House Davion Bloodline in some way during the Federated Commonwealth as well as a few other important timelines some First princes was picked who shared multiple house names most famous Steiner-Davion where Steiners and Davions have had long standing allied ship with the Union of current first prince Hanse Davion to Archeon Millisa Steiner who their children carried the name Steiner-Davion.

all the way up till the Fedcom civilwar was the Fedcom vastly immense in the Inner Sphere. it wasn't till First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion had a butting Rivalry with his sister Archeon Katrina Steiner-Davion witch we have a few years MWO time till that happens we still have Hanse Davion till 3052 :)

hope this helps you understand us Davions a bit

#11 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostAmAce, on 04 March 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Federated Suns are The Allies of WW2 Basically where their UK,USA,and other cultures affiliated with them from way back in 1700s up to WW2 period. All planets and and peoples derive that sentiment on this way of life. However the AFFS and the Davion house follow 1 true leader known as the First Prince who takes command of the AFFS as well as Is the leader of the government body.

You are right about the culture, but not the era. It's actually medieval time England/France/whatever.

I'm basing this on things like:

Lackluster education most people can't access (Yes, there is NAIS, but I'd say it's a bit of an unusual phenomenon, like the Prague university in RL). The house has big litteracy problems.

Posted Image

Then they have that massive urge to fight no matter the consequences like the medieval kingdoms did. Of course they justify it in the same manner, but instead of using religion as the thing that gived them the feeling they are doing the right thing, they use the freedom argument:

Posted Image

The stratification of society is also a big problem. Just like it was with medieval nations and people don't mind just like the common folk didn't when they were working to fill someone's belly in that era.

And let's not forget marriages of people who have never met before, one even engaged with a dead women.

#12 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Posted Image

So Funny!

#13 Gregory Twilight

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

there are lots of Davoin units out there if you have not found one yet come take a look at the Robinson Rangers Brigade we are a good sized unit with lots of diff type of play styiles and colors to choise from come take a look... www.1st-rangers.com

#14 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Adridos im correct in my time frame only because USA has a large part to do with the make up of the Federated Suns and wasn't around in medieval Times and yes there is alot of USA citizenry even today that are illiterate and yes there is allot of that USA is top dog come to save you by destroying your citys in all actuality the overall setup of all the factions is based on medieval knights wile the underlying citizens are marked from past to 1980s countries and ethnicity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users