• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Here's what I'm looking at right now:

SDR-5V

12JJ, 1MPL, 1TAG, 1BAP

DPS will suck, but as long as enough people have LRMs the net result should be hilarious. Amidoinitrite?

#2 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

You could probably switch to a 5D, drop the BAP, and use 1 TAG and 2 MLAS or MPLAS.

The BAP isn't going to help you out a whole lot with spotting due to your great speed. Consider that BAP gives you 200 extra sensor range, increased target info gathering, and the ability to target shut down mechs. That's not a whole lot, I think.

#3 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostOrzorn, on 07 March 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

You could probably switch to a 5D, drop the BAP, and use 1 TAG and 2 MLAS or MPLAS.

The BAP isn't going to help you out a whole lot with spotting due to your great speed. Consider that BAP gives you 200 extra sensor range, increased target info gathering, and the ability to target shut down mechs. That's not a whole lot, I think.

Well, info gathering and sensor range are the entire point of this 'mech, though. The goal is to be the ultimate "Good Guy Greg", running around and spotting for team kills rather than trying to max out my own DPS.

#4 Idlebot

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoorpark

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well AMS is good but you'll need ammo for it :P

If you want a spotter and not get spotted yourself and not worry about extra weight of a AMS use a SDR-D5 with
ECM, TAG, two Med Pulse (in case you get jumped.) Engine as big as you can manage, Ferro Armour maxed if you can and endo steel frame and jump jets. Just play around and have fun. I hope this makes sense.

Good hunting

#5 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

BAP helps a lot on Alpine but not sure the rest of the map pool warrants its inclusion.

#6 Fred013

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the red dot on your chest.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'd use another mech, the 5V really needs both energy hardpoints for weps.

#7 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

I understand you want to use the 5V because of the Jets, but seriously consider using the 5D. The 12 jets seem impressive, but won't take you anywhere you can't reach with 8. ECM will let you be a much better spotter, sneaking into position, disrupting enemy LRM boats by creeping up behind them and giving them LOW SIGNAL. Not to mention you will be better armed and able to actually do some damage.
Obvious build is obvious

#8 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 08 March 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I understand you want to use the 5V because of the Jets, but seriously consider using the 5D. The 12 jets seem impressive, but won't take you anywhere you can't reach with 8. ECM will let you be a much better spotter, sneaking into position, disrupting enemy LRM boats by creeping up behind them and giving them LOW SIGNAL. Not to mention you will be better armed and able to actually do some damage.
Obvious build is obvious

speaking the truth tbh :D

#9 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

im currently leveling thru the spiders. ive found the D with the ecm is the best variant to keep me alive and I jammed a single ERLL in the torso for some sniping. with bap and advanced sensors mod i'm getting good results getting assists and spots, and a rare kill or two finishing off damaged mechs. I have considered dropping the bap and replacing the ERLL with a Lpulse just for fighting off the raven3ls that seem to have bred like rats recently in the meta

#10 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 08 March 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

im currently leveling thru the spiders. ive found the D with the ecm is the best variant to keep me alive...

Extremely hard to target, Jump jets, high speed, stick limbs and ECM. The one thing worse than a Raven is a Jumping Spider with ECM.

Ravens you can at least hit, Spiders fly all over the place.

#11 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

SDR not a whole lot you can do with that variant mabye drop the AMS and some armor and max the engine size. You will deffinatley have the manuverablity to dodge missiles so the AMS is kind of wasting space. The ECM spider would probably do a better job.

Edited by joedawg39s, 09 March 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#12 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostStingz, on 09 March 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

Ravens you can at least hit, Spiders fly all over the place.

That's why you hit them when they land.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users