Mysterious Swapping Of Missile Tube Values

No replies to this topic

#1 Allister Rathe

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationEast Bay, California

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

(I was unsure of where to post this, but I thought it might be most appropriate here)

So I've been messing around with my HGN-733P, which I primarily play as a long range support complete with 40 LRM's, trying to figure out how I could best maximize its potential. While toying with my build on Smurfy I noticed that the 733P is listed as having its torso hardpoints at 20 missile tubes and the other at 10 with the left arm hardpoint maxed at 10.

Previously I had been running with 2x A+LRM 15's and one A+LRM 10 and just dealt with the fact that I fired one volley of 35 missiles and a second of 5. Once I saw the max missile tubes I thought I could avoid the secondary salvo altogether by swapping to one LRM20 and two LRM10's. The visual representation of the tubes on my 'Mech changed accordingly, showing a total of 40 LRM tubes on the chassis overall. However, when I drop into the training grounds to set up my weapon groupings something odd happens.

Instead of firing a full salvo of 40 missiles like I expected the game swaps the position of the left torso racks, placing the LRM10 in the 20 missile slot and the 20 in the 10 slot. So rather than firing a spread of 40 like I thought, it now fires a double salvo of 30 and 10. When I leave the training grounds and return to the MechLab, the visual representation of my 'Mech no longer shows full 40 missile tubes like it did before launch, instead showing only 30.

I've noticed that in the MechLab, so long as the LRM 20 is "on top" of the LRM 10 in the loadout (that is, it takes up the highest slots in the torso) the visual representation is correct. But after launching the training grounds the game swaps their position, placing the 10 above the 20, and thus the number of tubes assigned to each weapon changes, forcing me into a double salvo once again.

Has anyone else noticed this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users