The Urbanmech

86 replies to this topic

#61 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Keep in mind too that the UrbanMech also canonically DFA's with the power of an Assault due to it's giant feet and the Devs have also said that DFA should be in approximately the same time as the Highlander. They have also mentioned that while BV has been abandoned, tonnage based matching is definitely on the way.

There's one 30 ton poptart I know that is no stranger to love...
Posted Image

#62 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostMavairo, on 08 March 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

It's a trash can with legs. I hope to god it never makes it into MWO.

It would be a visual travesty.

No. Bring on the Urbie.

View PostFiachdubh, on 09 March 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

It is wanted for humour purposes more so than combat effectivness. 24 Urbies running around the map.. what a day that would be.

R-80's anyone?

Urban mech with ECM! Segue to all the "URBAN MECH IS OVERPOWERED!!111" posts.

#63 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostBlackAbbot, on 09 March 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

Keep in mind too that the UrbanMech also canonically DFA's with the power of an Assault due to it's giant feet and the Devs have also said that DFA should be in approximately the same time as the Highlander. They have also mentioned that while BV has been abandoned, tonnage based matching is definitely on the way.

There's one 30 ton poptart I know that is no stranger to love...
Posted Image

Lol what canon is this you are talking about, the Urbie urban dictionary? Here I always thought DFA damage was tonnage based, and now I come to learn its the size of the mechs foot. Love the Atlas in the picture, though I wonder why he's sporting Ultramarine shoulder pads. Did the Adeptus Astartes invade instead of the Clans. :unsure:

#64 KKRonkka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

If they ever implement pve-missions urbies and tanks would be a perfect AI opponents in city maps...

#65 Osski

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSouth Lousiana, USA, baby!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

OP: are we getting through to you yet? :unsure:

#66 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

The "Spider-Urbie" I did with:

Endo Steel
AC/10
2 Tons Ammo
1 ML
100 Engine
6 Heat Sinks
1AMS +1 tonne ammo

is ALMOST the Urbanmech IIC apart from no CLAN UAC and no pulse laser and lacks jumpjets.

Same speed though.

The spider lacks the 360 degree torso twist and most likely has a slower twist.

Edited by Terror Teddy, 09 March 2013 - 05:51 AM.

#67 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

When I hear guys placating statements like "it's wanted for the lluz" I cannot help but think of one of my opponents in Car Wars. He brought nothing but a bike wolfpack, but man oh man.
I ended up suiciding my Compact by doing a handbrake turn in front of the leader, just to annoy the bejeesus out of him because there is NO WAY to win with standard cars against that.

And then of course there was the Dominator in Star Fleet Battles that got peeled by a pack of Romulan Pseudo Fighters.

Don't fall for all these innocent protestations, guys. It is a trap....

#68 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostHammerhai, on 09 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

When I hear guys placating statements like "it's wanted for the lluz" I cannot help but think of one of my opponents in Car Wars. He brought nothing but a bike wolfpack, but man oh man.

River City: Kills 1 / Assists 4
231 Damage with my Spider Urbanmech.

It works because I can use the city terrain to my advantage. Did I die, yes, but having double Atlas and a treb getting angry is kinda bad when you are just as fast.

#69 Alois Hammer

• 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 08 March 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Okay, serious answers please because I really don't understand. *Why* do people want the Urbanmech added?

Same reason people actually bought William Hung's album.

#70 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostAlois Hammer, on 09 March 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Same reason people actually bought William Hung's album.

To troll people on the battlefield who underestimates them? And good god that was terrible -you owe me a set of new eardrums.

#71 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

As it happens, the UrbanMech is going to be slow, no matter what.
The three timeline-appropriate variants - the UM-R60, UM-R60L, and UM-R63 - all start with a 60-rated engine.
With the 1.4x engine cap for Light 'Mechs, the largest engine the UrbanMech can fit is an 85-rated engine (2.5 tons for Standard, 1.5 tons for XL)... which would give the UrbanMech a top speed (without modules or pilot efficiencies) of 45.9 kph.

Personally, I doubt that any 'Mech in MWO would be granted 360-degree torso twist; I suspect that the best that any 'Mech could hope for is 180-degrees (the ability to shoot behind oneself by turning the torso to either side, but not be able to turn the torso all the way around to the original facing).

Additionally, the UrbanMech would be limited to a maximum armor load of 210 armor points (doubled from TT's 105 armor point limit for 30-tonners) for the whole 'Mech (with the (rather broad) CT carrying, at most, 40 armor points, split between front and rear).

#72 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostMerky Merc, on 08 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

It's popular from TT, forum users are typically the minority in a game's pop and in MWO's case have a large portion of TT players, and that's the only thing I can tell.

I've been playing TT for over 20 years and I've never seen anyone actually use an Urbanmech for anything except possibly a scenario involving assaulting a place that happened to have one as a guard. I wouldn't call it popular. I seems to be more some kind of weird, twisted, nerd reverse-hipster thing; it's so bad it's cool. And I think a lot of the people talking about it are just bandwagon-jumpers.

Personally, I have no desire to see it, would be rather annoyed if it was ever actually the mech of the month before there's at least a hundred real mechs out, and would never buy one no matter what they did with it. But I love my Urbie bobble-head! :D

#73 Tyler Durden

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

You can't have an Urbie Derbie without one! How else will we determine the next Urbie Lord?

#74 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 08 March 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

it lasts roughly five seconds once it finally trundles up to a fight.

5 seconds? are you joking? maybe 2 seconds. every medium+ mech boating enough alpha damage will oneshot it on first sight. Those "urbie" pilots who manage it to hit their enemies one single time before being cored will be considered elite pilots.

#75 Alois Hammer

• 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostTerror Teddy, on 09 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

To troll people on the battlefield who underestimates them?

I'll agree with the "to troll people" part...but I dispute that it's even possible to underestimate R2-DBag. :D

#76 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

DFA is more lethal from Urbanmech, the feet are important. Currently a spider with 12 jump jets does 70 meter jump....
Urbanmech with 2 jump jets could do a 60. Its because of the rocket-like advanced aerodynamic design. :blink:

Also notice the antenna on Urbanmech's head...... That is ancient lost-tech.......Urbanmech can counter ECM with his mind. :D

See the Dalban Urban targeting computer system allowed it to create "antenna array" from all surounding buildings.......so it could negate all ecm and its sensor range triples.

"The UrbanMech is designed for just what its name suggests, urban combat and defense. This is achieved by making the UrbanMech the slowest light BattleMech in existence"--sarna

It was achieved........by making it the slowest. Its lost-tech fusion reactor was so powerful they had to slow it down. :ph34r:

Folks who don't want urbanmech on thier team........don't want him on the oposing team even more. ^_^

#77 FarEYE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

I say make the Urban Mech the only trial mech.

#78 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 09 March 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

As it happens, the UrbanMech is going to be slow, no matter what.
The three timeline-appropriate variants - the UM-R60, UM-R60L, and UM-R63 - all start with a 60-rated engine.
With the 1.4x engine cap for Light 'Mechs, the largest engine the UrbanMech can fit is an 85-rated engine (2.5 tons for Standard, 1.5 tons for XL)... which would give the UrbanMech a top speed (without modules or pilot efficiencies) of 45.9 kph.

This actually means its impossible to make in MWO.

Slowest engine is the 100 at 1 tonne or 0,5 XL tonne and require +6 heatsinks. 51km/h on a spider.

View Postmeteorol, on 09 March 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

5 seconds? are you joking? maybe 2 seconds. every medium+ mech boating enough alpha damage will oneshot it on first sight. Those "urbie" pilots who manage it to hit their enemies one single time before being cored will be considered elite pilots.

I lasted five minutes with my Urbanmech bastardasized spider and had pleny kills and assists.

Of course, on river city - usefulness is limited on any other map with poor cover.

#79 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I give up :D

Edited by Team Leader, 09 March 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#80 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

when I wreck you in THIS
Posted Image

then, you will know the awesome power of the Urbanmech!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users