Incontrovertible Proof That Lrms Are Currently Op

81 replies to this topic

#41 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostEscef, on 09 March 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

News Flash: No One Cares About Hawks' Hurt Feelings! Millions Not Stunned!

Tears of a rapper....I'm crying tears of a rapper.... :(

#42 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostHawks, on 09 March 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Tears of a rapper....I'm crying tears of a rapper.... :(

These are the bulletproof 24-karat gold tears.... of a rapper

#43 Targetloc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 963 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'll go ahead and say LRMs are pretty broken right now.

If you have ECM on your team, or any lights with enough brains to go harass them, GG LRMs.

If you don't have ECM and the enemy is smart enough to tap your base or sit on the right capture points and hole up... wow, **** LRMs. **** that **** straight to hell.

A single flight of Arty LRMs is enough to open a torso section on a heavy now. You can make a rush from cover to cover in a heavy or assault versus PPC, AC and Gauss barrages by torso twisting and weaving... but if there's LRMs you're not going anywhere that means leaving cover for more than a few seconds.

I think it's pretty telling that 99% of all my positioning decisions are based on "Where can I got that LRM's absolutely can't hit me" and "Where do I have to not go so that SRM cats can't get within 200m of me without being seen." Anything else is secondary because there's room to improvise; you won't be crippled in a single shot.

Personally I think that's the worst kind of broken. When something has huge swings between overwhelmingly powerful and pretty much useless based on a few subtle factors, half of which are decided by the matchmaker.

#44 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 09 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Seriously. I love how people say "just take cover." But if you want to win a match, you're going to have to move across open space at some point. The fact of the matter is that ton-for-ton artemis LRMs have *way* higher DPS than any other weapon system out there.

You can move from cover to cover before the LRMs get to you. They have a long travel time. So, you choose a path that has cover and advance. It's called bounding. Lrms hit rocks you move to next cover, while moving they fire next volley, you get behind cover, lrms hit cover. Rinse and repeat. You don't have to engage the enemy on their terms most of the time. That is the beauty of having bases to break things up (plus most bases you can approach while under cover if they are covering their base.) Just use your head and don't close in under lots of open ground. Just takes a little extra time.

Plus 1200 damage is not very effecient killing. That damage is spread out a lot. Yeah its a lot of damage but it shows that the missile damage is spread out across the mech and not all center torso like people have been complaining about.

#45 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Whoa, you annihilated an ECM-less team of nubs who stand still because "AMS will get it!" You're a god!

#46 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostBaltasar, on 09 March 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

You can move from cover to cover before the LRMs get to you. They have a long travel time. So, you choose a path that has cover and advance. It's called bounding. Lrms hit rocks you move to next cover, while moving they fire next volley, you get behind cover, lrms hit cover. Rinse and repeat. You don't have to engage the enemy on their terms most of the time. That is the beauty of having bases to break things up (plus most bases you can approach while under cover if they are covering their base.) Just use your head and don't close in under lots of open ground. Just takes a little extra time.

Plus 1200 damage is not very effecient killing. That damage is spread out a lot. Yeah its a lot of damage but it shows that the missile damage is spread out across the mech and not all center torso like people have been complaining about.

When you're forced to take very specific routes to avoid immediate destruction by absurdly effective weapons, "engaging the enemy on their terms" is *exactly* what you're doing.

#47 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostTarman, on 09 March 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Word.

#48 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostTarman, on 09 March 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

They call me the, LRMopotamus, my ammo bins are bottomless...

#49 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostHawks, on 09 March 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

They call me the, LRMopotamus, my ammo bins are bottomless...

You're one half of the golden brothers, legendary davion rappers in the year 3050

#50 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

No matter what we feel about LRMs can we never ever talk about how equipping AMS would have made a big difference. AMS is simply crap unless you want to stay protected from one LRM5. 45 LRMS coming down? You'd need 3 guys carrying AMS to protect you from 10-15 of them. Keep discussing LRMS, but leave the pointless AMS out of it.

#51 SpartanFiredog317

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 176 posts
  • LocationMighty MO

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

The point is.... You are not truly Elite, until you have topped the charts with a Raven 3Lurm and an X5Lurm. .... My Ninjas are greater than your Ninjas...

#52 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 09 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Seriously. I love how people say "just take cover." But if you want to win a match, you're going to have to move across open space at some point. The fact of the matter is that ton-for-ton artemis LRMs have *way* higher DPS than any other weapon system out there.

You keep using that word. DPS, I do not think you know what that actually means if you honestly just said that. Honestly LRMS are for killing idiots or those who got caught out. Take your pick for what camp you fall in. No map with the exception of Alpine(I don't know it well enough yet) forces you to charge head on at entrenched lrm positions, every one of them has easy to use alternative routes allowing for light/medium(even heavy) harass of any stalker foolish enough to only run LRMS and a pair of medium lasers.

You do not have to sit behind a hill, you can walk around and hit them from behind. I've done it more times then I can count on -every- map. There is a reason LRM's are rare in the upper levels of group play. It's because they suck in comparison to long ranger direct fire weapons.

Keep complaining, they've decided to put in coolant flush so hey maybe then can further cater to the lazy gamer. Maybe one day you can walk your 50kph atlas across an open field as missiles rain down on you barely marring your paint scheme as you laugh. You'll laugh, the dev's will think they've done good and I'll die alittle inside knowing that instead of getting better you just bitched till you didn't have to put effort into anything.

Edited by Parnage, 09 March 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#53 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostParnage, on 09 March 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

You keep using that word. DPS, I do not think you know what that actually means if you honestly just said that. Honestly LRMS are for killing idiots or those who got caught out. Take your pick for what camp you fall in. No map with the exception of Alpine(I don't know it well enough yet) forces you to charge head on at entrenched lrm positions, everyone of them has easy to use alternative routes allowing for light/medium(even heavy) harass of any stalker foolish enough to only run LRMS and a pair of medium lasers.

You do not have to sit behind a hill, you can walk around and hit them from behind. I've done in more times then I can count on -every- map. There is a reason LRM's are rare in the upper levels of group play. It's because they suck in comparison to long ranger direct fire weapons.

Keep complaining, they've decided to put in coolant flush so hey maybe then can further cater to the lazy gamer. Maybe one day you can walk your 50kph atlas across an open field as missiles rain down on you barely marring your paint scheme as you laugh. You'll laugh, the dev's will thing they've done good and I'll die alittle inside knowing that instead of getting better you just bitched till you didn't have to put effort into anything.

We actually DID have missiles like that at one time, waaay back in the oldendays. And your Atlas story was literally what happened.

#54 Kaziganthi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, Australia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

LRM15s
fired 1,050 missiles
Hit 184 times
for 270 damage.
once again LRMs are fine, the user is OP! :(

Yep I agree sooo overpowered compared to my large laser

LRM 20
Matches: 29
Fired: 10,620
Hit: 2,917
Accuracy: 27.47%
Damage: 5,161

LARGE LASER
Matches: 29
Fired: 826
Hit: 653
Accuracy: 79.06%
Damage: 3,487

Edited by Kaziganthi, 09 March 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#55 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

To those who use LRMs post your accuracy with them, it should be 40% at most, 25% on average (according to most people I asked , anyway) If you do not or can not get cover from PPC, Gauss, large laser boat , hell ANYTHING you are just as dead, but LRMs are more annoying though, like someone boating LRM5s my fault to dying to that , even though it is a long and overly annoying death.

#56 Kaziganthi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, Australia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostTarman, on 09 March 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

We actually DID have missiles like that at one time, waaay back in the oldendays. And your Atlas story was literally what happened.

Yep I can still remember unloading over 1000 rounds of lrm ammo on a sole Atlas and still not even get internal on it as it sauntered across the open terrain, then blew me apart.

Edited by Kaziganthi, 09 March 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#57 SpartanFiredog317

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 176 posts
  • LocationMighty MO

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

YOU WANT PROOF?! YOU CANT HANDLE THE PROOF..... ....Yes this video is that good I had to post it twice.

#58 Erik Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 March 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

They've changed a lot, yes, but COOLANTGATE meant no one - and I mean no one - has brought it up. Don't count on anyone doing so until after the 19th. Coolant and airstrikes are far more important issues than whether or not artemis lurms are the bomb.

I am laying my money on airstrikes being implemented badly. I can see it now... an ECM light flanks the assault lance marching up the valley, unable to be hit at his speed and distance. He calls in an airstrike on the big boys that can't get out of their way, and splat. Game over.

Airstrikes are going to make ecm umbrellas less useful, so you'll see less DDCs in the game... or at least you'll see less of them being used as umbrellas. Shouldn't have anything but a positive effect on the light ECMers, though. Get out the grease guns and make sure your 3Ls are ready, boys and girls.

MW + CoD = MWO

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostHawks, on 09 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

Even I can do well with them, and I basically suck - ask anyone.

I would run in terror, I suppose, but my incontrovertible proof that LRMs aren't that big a worry is the part where I pretty much have never been killed by them. Maybe a couple of dozen times in oh... 2000 matches?

Buildings and Mountains are OP.... I don't even have to dedicate 1.5 tons to them.....

#60 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostHawks, on 09 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

Even I can do well with them, and I basically suck - ask anyone.

To be fair, in Hawks' game the other team still managed to kill everyone on his team except for him and a single Commando, despite his supposedly withering rain of LRMs. To me it actually looks like quite a close match that they could perhaps even have won had they been able to get just one medium within 180 m of the LRM boat.

Having said that, I do think missiles are a bit off in this game at the moment (both LRMs and SRMs). LRMs are a bit binary in pugs depending on who brings ECM. It's just luck. SRMs are too powerful for their weight and heat and play to some poor design decisions by the devs in giving some mechs the ability to mount large arrays of SRM launchers (I'm looking at you, Cata A1)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users