Dont Increase Armour, Change Weapon Cooldown.

47 replies to this topic

#41 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

So at least there is a bit of interest... And to Skullman86,

Instead of increasing cooldown should we lower mech armour? I think its got to the stage where we can build mechs to take advantage of the system thats in place... Would a flat rate Cooldown increase, add to survivability for everyone?
I want this game to be fair but more realistic... I'm open to views and Ideas.

Flames aside your the only one to give something to this Idea...

#42 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostWarGruf, on 09 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

If you wanna go twitching find CoD or CS... I want TACTICAL like the advertisement said...

I don't know wtf you're talking about.

MWO takes about 10 times longer than the average CS:S or Call of Duty search and destroy round.

It's a great speed already, with lots of opportunities to use all of your many, many tools and lots of pitfalls to force you to remain within your many many constraints. If it were much slower, I suspect a huge percentage of people would like it less, and I would certainly not spend any more money on it.

I guess I can understand why some people might prefer it that way, but I honestly believe that what you're proposing is making the game boring, not tactical.

Edit: I your'd when I should've you'red.

Edited by Noobzorz, 09 March 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#43 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Don't increase armor, change weapon cooldown

How about neither?

#44 WarGruf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales (DropShip)

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Eh? Noobzorz...

Ok the topic I was trying to adress was... Some people were thinking that the game was too fast and wanted to increase armour by 4X over the 2X it is now. But you knew that and you were reading the posts right.... And If your CS - CoD games take that long what do you think?? (5 mins a game is either quite high skill or people hacking the crap out of it, or A well organised team).

Now increasing all the weapons recycle times would be an option, but why increase the recycle times when you can lower the armour values and get the same outcome. I've thought of this, but people still like to feel like a god and I don't blame them so by making them use heavy weapons in a realistic way COULD equal the field just a little bit.

The game is almost there but its missing that reality part. In my eyes either way.

So close but no buiscuit.

#45 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

This horse was beaten to death a long time ago.

#46 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostWarGruf, on 09 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Eh? Noobzorz...

Ok the topic I was trying to adress was... Some people were thinking that the game was too fast and wanted to increase armour by 4X over the 2X it is now. But you knew that and you were reading the posts right.... And If your CS - CoD games take that long what do you think?? (5 mins a game is either quite high skill or people hacking the crap out of it, or A well organised team).

Now increasing all the weapons recycle times would be an option, but why increase the recycle times when you can lower the armour values and get the same outcome. I've thought of this, but people still like to feel like a god and I don't blame them so by making them use heavy weapons in a realistic way COULD equal the field just a little bit.

The game is almost there but its missing that reality part. In my eyes either way.

So close but no buiscuit.

If your search and destroy or CS:S rounds take much longer than a minute or two, it's a weird match. Just think if you played a Bo7 every time? The matches would be as long as a DotA 2 game; around 20 minutes at the BARE minimum, and likely closer to 40. MWO is not fast. Not at all. And if you slow it down, you'll appease a few people, but you'll bore virtually everyone else (like me) to death, and I will take my credit card, and I will go play something else.

#47 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

PGI wanted the fast recharges from the very beginning. I don't really care because I never spam weapons-fire with a few exceptions and large weapons do have a longer recharge and high-heat or ammo consumption currently.

Faster recharge mostly benefits new players who don't know how to use long recharge to their advantage. Taking advantage of long recharge uses a large group of ancillary skills you aquire over a few months.

MWO is pretty much Medium Lasers Online now, certainly still the most utilized weapon in MWO. You do realise the short recharge weapons in your proposal would all be doing about half the damage they do now to maintain balance?

#48 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Reducing armour and increasing weapon cooldown, won't matter if weapon damage stay as is.
We end up with an arm race of who has the biggest alpha to 1hitKO.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users