Aws Armor

12 replies to this topic

Poll: AWS ARMOR (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it too easy to get destroyed in an Awesome.

1. YES (17 votes [53.12%])

Percentage of vote: 53.12%

2. NO (15 votes [46.88%])

Percentage of vote: 46.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Is it really 480 as mine is dying as if it's a commando is like paper, can this be rectified.

#2 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

I sold it was crazy when a light can go toe to toe trade blows and cream me.

#3 idle crow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

The Awesome has a very large CT. The reason it dies so much faster is no one is missing shots and its all hitting just the CT.

#4 zztophat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

View Postidle crow, on 09 March 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

The Awesome has a very large CT. The reason it dies so much faster is no one is missing shots and its all hitting just the CT.

Indeed, shares the same problem as the catapult.

It's a drawback that is tied to the mech's design but it's not something that really should be fixed, the Awesome has the same number of hard points as an atlas but it is much faster and more manuverable. It's a really powerful assault and frankly, the fast ones are terrifying, all that firepower should not move that fast.

#5 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Weapon convergence is why this is...

And it's only going to get worse with arm lock toggle.

#6 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

i dunno guys im watching a treb take double ppc's and get 1% damage yest he can tear strips out of a heavy or assault, something is up with this.

#7 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

balance is all it needs and heavy should beat medium and light.

Edited by omegaorgun, 09 March 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#8 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Awesomes are my best mech by far in this game. You have to accept that the big center torso is a problem, but you get a great field of vision and nice wide firing arcs. Plus you can keep up with some of the lighter mechs. Most well built Awesomes really shine on maps like Alpine where you can really use the range advantage of the ERPPCs and the speed advantage that you have on the other big mechs.

#9 FerretWithASpork

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I love my awesome! i'll definitely agree that it could use a bit more armor but it's also a play style thing. After you fire, turn while your weapons 'reload'. Keep your arms facing the enemy. You've got massive arms so stack armor on those and use them as shields.

#10 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I voted NO. The Awesome can survive well enough once you realize you can't tank damage like the other Assault mechs.

However, what the Awesome chassis really needs in my opinion is better intrinsic heat dissipation. Something like two DHS built in to the chassis by default (that big frying pan torso surface area should be good for something other than collecting incoming fire). This would allow the Awesomes to pack more powerful energy weapons. As it is right now, the Awesomes are severely under gunned compared to the other Assault mechs. When you combine this with the lower default armor and the huge bulls eye center torso, it's easy to see the Awesome isn't really a viable Assault mech.

#11 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

I've played in Awesomes quite a bit, as have my friends. We love'm. Every mech is different, and you can't play one mech the way you play the others. There's nothing wrong with Awesome's as they currently are.

#12 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

All assault mechs are too easy to kill in my opinion. Its way too easy to drill their center torsos out. Light mechs tank damage so much better than assaults and its really unbalanced.

Edited by Khobai, 09 March 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#13 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'll second that. It's pretty bad when assault mechs get out-tanked by Ravens, Jenners, and Cicadas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users