#301 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Trolled by devs.
!!!! ARRRRGH!!! We could be halfway to VOIP with that effort :D Price would have to be right for this for me. Especially with the manufacturers current rep.

#302 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

To each their own Grizzly. I've played all the MW games since MW2. And I've tried the various control options ... including joystick. And for me, I can be a LOT more accurate with a mouse than I ever could with a stick. Does it give you the same immersion? No. But I'd rather hit what I'm trying to aim at. But that's just me. Everyone is different.

To those who don't have a stick already and don't do flight sims I think this would be a cool item (if the price isn't overbearing). But for those simulation folks who probably already have a stick and throttle ... I don't see this being a must have piece unless they have a lot of $$$ to burn. I've got the Thrustmaster Warthog ... which came with a huge-stupid price tag ... but it was justifiable because it was useful for a great number of sims I'm into. This item, on the other hand, is really only useful for MWO.

Want to play a shooter? You definitely could use that keypad part on the left ... but you certainly wouldn't be using the stick. You're better off with a Nostromo or Logitech gamepad.

Want to play a flight sim? The stick would be great, but that nub of a throttle on the left is useless for that (especially military flight sims). You're better off with a Saitek, or Thrustmaster (if you can afford it).

My suggestion to the creators is that they make this piece modular so you could use any/all parts of the system they desire. If they did I might just buy it, just for the central display, depending on how useful the software is that comes with it and if it can be used with other games (it would be great for DCS Black Shark).

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 05 June 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Looks like the thread was taken over by the key and mouse and TT crowd this morning. Well, they just don't get it. Everybody that played MW4 knows the value of a joystick controller. After getting owned multiple times most everyone will end up with a joystick. There has never been a game more suited for joystick use than MechWarrior. Some of you non-MW4 players are about to have a rude awakening.

Artemis! NICE! I like the idea and I will definitely consider buying one. The map display will be an awesome tool to use in game, especially for Commanders. Being able to spot teammates without having to toggle out to a map view; that will be very beneficial. The initial concept looks really good and has things I would be looking for in a good joystick. I like having multiple assignable keys on the left hand as well as the throttle control there. It looks like a good concept and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

#303 Obiyer

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

I honestly think they might make more money if they made a contemporary version with good quality, like something akin to CH product or high end thrustmaster quality. Maybe a joystick, throttle, and pedal combo you could buy separately or together as a bundle. This would also be a good opportunity for Razer to grow their company into the airflight sim market if their MWO peripherals are as a success.

Even if I had a ton of disposable income, this thing is space occupying, and is useful for only one game. It's a real hard sell.

#304 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Looks like the thread was taken over by the key and mouse and TT crowd this morning. Well, they just don't get it. Everybody that played MW4 knows the value of a joystick controller. After getting owned multiple times most everyone will end up with a joystick. There has never been a game more suited for joystick use than MechWarrior. Some of you non-MW4 players are about to have a rude awakening.

You seem to be confused, it's the other way around :(. Everybody that played MW4 knows the value of controlling via Mouse. After getting cored multiple times, everyone will end up with a Mouse. In MW4.

Since in MW:O pinpoint accuracy is not supposed to be that important, a proper Joystick setup might once again have some merit while not being too disadvantageous compared to the precision of a Mouse.

#305 starmindfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts
  • Location72 virgins eden

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostSpooky, on 06 June 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

Since in MW:O pinpoint accuracy is not supposed to be that important,

I really hope because I hate so far to be in a rush / jump / headshot stuff

#306 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

For starters, I did NOT like MW4. I thought it was a bastardization of the MW series, far too arcade-like compared to MW3 and MW2.

Also, one type of input is not right for everyone. I'm much more accurate in targeting with a mouse than I'd ever be with a joystick. I haven't touched joysticks since the old, original Atari console games. That said, it might be nice to use a left-handed joystick for piloting mechs, since the analog control is better than just WASD on a keyboard.

#307 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostSpooky, on 06 June 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

You seem to be confused, it's the other way around :D. Everybody that played MW4 knows the value of controlling via Mouse. After getting cored multiple times, everyone will end up with a Mouse. In MW4.

Since in MW:O pinpoint accuracy is not supposed to be that important, a proper Joystick setup might once again have some merit while not being too disadvantageous compared to the precision of a Mouse.

That is about as far from reality as I have ever seen. Most of the people that didn't use a joystick in MW4 either could not afford one, their parents wouldn't buy one, or they just were too set in their ways to try it. :o

#308 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postcipher, on 06 June 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

For starters, I did NOT like MW4. I thought it was a bastardization of the MW series, far too arcade-like compared to MW3 and MW2.

Also, one type of input is not right for everyone. I'm much more accurate in targeting with a mouse than I'd ever be with a joystick. I haven't touched joysticks since the old, original Atari console games. That said, it might be nice to use a left-handed joystick for piloting mechs, since the analog control is better than just WASD on a keyboard.

Come on Cipher...branch out a little...expand your horizons. :o :D

#309 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 06 June 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

That is about as far from reality as I have ever seen. Most of the people that didn't use a joystick in MW4 either could not afford one, their parents wouldn't buy one, or they just were too set in their ways to try it. :o

May be you are referring just to Singleplayer? Otherwise you would be the first to tell me, that you find the Joystick setup superior for gameplay. Of course for immersion etc. it is far cooler, I also played the Singleplayer campaigns with Joysticks, as I did before with MW3 and MW2. But in Multiplayer, most competitive players used Mice for greater precision and those who stick with the Joystick used it because they were used to that or liked playing a MW game with it simply more, not because it allowed them to have some advantage over the ... Mousers :D.

#310 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostSpooky, on 06 June 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

May be you are referring just to Singleplayer? Otherwise you would be the first to tell me, that you find the Joystick setup superior for gameplay. Of course for immersion etc. it is far cooler, I also played the Singleplayer campaigns with Joysticks, as I did before with MW3 and MW2. But in Multiplayer, most competitive players used Mice for greater precision and those who stick with the Joystick used it because they were used to that or liked playing a MW game with it simply more, not because it allowed them to have some advantage over the ... Mousers :D.

Not true. Most MW4 players used joysticks. See poll here: http://mwomercs.com/...sticks-and-mw4/

#311 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 06 June 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Not true. Most MW4 players used joysticks. See poll here: http://mwomercs.com/...sticks-and-mw4/

Which part of my post did you respond to? The poll does not discern between Multiplayer and Singleplayer. Did you yourself mean Multiplayer or Singleplayer? Did you play MW4:Mercs competitively?

#312 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostSpooky, on 06 June 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Which part of my post did you respond to? The poll does not discern between Multiplayer and Singleplayer. Did you yourself mean Multiplayer or Singleplayer? Did you play MW4:Mercs competitively?

Did MW4 have single player? lol I was a member of MechWarriorLeagues for many years. Maybe you played a lot of 1v1 matches? If you played team matches you would understand more about the use of joysticks.

#313 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

No, I hate 1v1. Mainly either Team Deathmatches or rarely FFA attritions. The joystick does not become a more accurate tool in team play all of a sudden :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users