Here OP, I'll put this in a very official, PGI-esque manner:

No plans.

#142 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

What are we talking about? I melt people with my AWS-9M's laser-nips all the time.

#143 INAPPROPRIATE NAME 0001

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Suppose PGI could give us the medium here for you to pilot.
Posted Image
Or wait for the clans to invade for this bad ...thing http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Pinion

#144 Nonoka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostChavette, on 10 March 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

Once pink paints come out, I'll make you wish you were playing HK island instead.

Wow, how sad and pathetic your life must be if this is your signature......

#145 Larth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostNonoka, on 10 March 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Wow, how sad and pathetic your life must be if this is your signature......

Hey! Don't knock the pink. My Catapult looks great in soft pink. It just needs a Hapan Battlecruiser style gatling laser tutu to be complete. Besides, pink is cool. As are bow-ties and fezzes.

#146 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

i wonder how long til this hits bird country.

#147 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostIG 88, on 10 March 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

if fact all i want is a mech with boobs :)

The Awesome has PPC **** if that counts?

#148 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 10 March 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

It's called the Fafnir. See MW4 Mercs. I aptly named it the t.i.t mech for obvious reasons.

Yes it definitely has an impressive set; it must stack them on the back. Or is that some kind of bra support.

:)

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 11 March 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#149 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

HEY WOW! Look what I found! It's Literally The Worst Thread full of

The

View PostToxinTractor, on 10 March 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

If you are lucky they will add a "skirt" kit. Imagine a atlas with a too-too :rolleyes:

Or maybe we can see a camo spec that is a special one.. it will add a painted on bra and all that. And just so we know how female your mech is there can be a box of tampons on the hip of the mech.

OH that got me thinking, mechs with a hip mounted gun like the atlas.. it can be the... TAMPON LAUNCHER..

But really, they are robots. They dont have genders. :s

Worst

View PostDemoned, on 10 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Female mechs, from a design point of view are bad for 1 reason only.

their center of balance would be off :ph34r:

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 March 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I can never take my eyes off of an Atlas' gadonkadonks. They remind me of those big butted black girls.

And

View PostIG 88, on 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

female pilot have more accuracy/dexterity :D they can handle that joystick better then men !

Posters

View PostVassago Rain, on 10 March 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Battletech's art is so bad, there are no features like that. MWO's most gender anything is the atlas' hip sway. He shakes it like a black chick.

I've

View PostGremlich Johns, on 10 March 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

It's a war simulation, not a girls day out. Go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead.

Ever

View PostWolf Ender, on 10 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Maybe if they made a mech that could fit in the kitchen. or make a bigger kitchen

Seen

Edited by Cryptozoology, 11 March 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#150 MechWarrior001347

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Female Gadgets hmmm ...sure ad some parking Bumps and Scratches for the cute little Raven and Fresh Spring Colors for the Cockpit ... and make it Play songs of Alanis Morrisette .... You can call this Variant The Raven She-F =)

#151 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yep ladies can't park ah ha ha ha. Good joke you.

Edited by Cryptozoology, 12 March 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#152 Paula Fry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Reverse Parking with them would be hell!

#153 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostPaula Fry, on 12 March 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

Reverse Parking with them would be hell!

Only if you are standing behind the mech :) .

#154 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

The worst. Just the absolute worst.

#155 bok

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostCryptozoology, on 11 March 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

ToxinTractor
Demoned
El Bandito
IG 88
Vassago Rain
Gremlich Johns
Wolf Ender

I hope you're all ready to be killed by GIRLS ON THE INTERNET and their white knight armies forever.

#156 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

I take back what I said. We need Mechs with giant boobs that shoot PPCs.

#157 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Even though this is A Bad Thread full of Bad People there's a (i think) legitimate point to be made that i'm going to make in a terrible effortpost where I do no research and don't know what i'm talking about w/r/t sociology. Most mechs available in-game are definitely masculine. A lot of mechs have an exaggerated male-looking body; shoulders broader than hips, v-shaped torso, etc.

There's the Commando, which is a little soldierman with a soldierman name:
Posted Image

The Centurion, which is a soldierman in roman armor with a soldierman name:
Posted Image

The Hunchback, which is a man with a rocket launcher on his shoulder with what I'd say is a man name (ask someone to think of hunchbacks and they'll think of Quasimodo or Igor or ... welp?)

Posted Image

The Trebuchet which is a man with guns for hands, named after a siege engine - I'd say that war machines are typically thought of as masculine

Posted Image

The Dragon doesn't fit so well because it's shaped sorta goofy but in broad strokes still looks male with very broad shoulders wider than its hips, a bunch of mass concentrated in the abdomen, huge arms

Posted Image

You've got the Atlas which is a giant man with a skull for a face, named after a dude who holds up the world

Posted Image

and the Awesome which is a big man with guns for hands and guns in his chest and giant shoulders and a little waist

Posted Image

The rest of the mechs don't look like anything recognizably human except for real general stuff like the Jenner having legs, a torso, arms and a face - it looks more like a toilet with legs than a person though. The Raven is clearly a bird and doesn't count, the Cicada looks like a truck with legs, the Catapult looks like a bird with giant ears or something, the Stalker is a big stompy phallus and the Cataphract is a bunch of parts crammed into a people-shape but if you discount the pseudo-bird legs also cuts a pretty masculine figure with giant arms, giant shoulders, a tiny little head and a tiny little waist:

Posted Image

A lot of these mechs have male muscles vaguely sculpted into them, like the pectorals and abs on the front of the Commando and the Hunchback. None of these mechs look obviously feminine, i'd say the closest you can come in my books would be the Spider but ehhhh

Posted Image

none of the mechs have feminine names except for the Jenner which is kind of a nickname for Jenna? I don't know where that name came from so...

Anyway to me the argument that these big stompy robots aren't gendered is baseless. To me, they clearly are, half of them outright look like dudes and the other half don't look like people. One could make the argument "teeheehee but the awesome has two big cannons in its chest hee heee" but then that person would literally be a child. Is it bad to want a mech that looks a little different that's named something a little different? Why not this one, with a lady name and a more lady-ish look:Posted Image

Is that gonna hurt anybody? Nobody that matters, the people who it bothers are terrible and who cares about them anyway. Is it gonna make lady gamers feel better? Probably not in a gigantic world-changing way, and how would i know, I'm just some dude, but it can't hurt can it? Tbh the things that are keeping women away from this game are probably not the lack of feminine mechs and it's probably more people drawing pictures in paint of a mech with guns on its crotch telling a mech with missile launchers on its chest to "band over" but i digress.

Anyway, just some stuff to think about before making another super clever joke about how women can't park and there should be a mech with laser boobs.

Edited by Cryptozoology, 13 March 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#158 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

As with naval ships and other vehicles (both real and fictional) are always referred to in a feminine manner. Battlemechs would be no different.

They might seem masculine by some person who has a chip on their shoulder about any thing that might be male. That masculine quality is projected onto the asexual machine because its a object of war. Aggression and a tendency to violence is considered a male trait. Which is inherently a sexist point of view.

For the OP

Posted Image

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 17 March 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#159 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'd buy one.

#160 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

So you want boobs and **** on your mechs?

Boobs.
Spoiler

Spoiler

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users