3 replies to this topic

#1 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Last night I had a 12 game winning streak, 6 of those were me playing solely in PUG groups, I took command of the battlefield using the Command option on the map and directed the team to resounding victory after victory, with many 8-0. After those 6 games I joined a 4 man (with 4 PUG’s) and carried on my winning streak to 12 nil, the last game of the night we lost 7-8, but it was close.

I was running a Trebuchet 7M variant and used it mainly as support so I had the time to give commands. Only problem is I scored very little in damage and kills and therefore XP. I found that trying to issue commands as a DDC (front line fighter) is very difficult and the Commander has to be in a support role, so he has the time to issue commands and survey the battlefield.

May I suggest that you gain XP for taking on the commanders role?

To limit abuse and to stop everyone wanting to be the Commander is that only the Mech with the Command module can take command, they sacrifice something to gain something, which I think, is a fair trade off. Also the command module allows you direct individual Mechs on your team, you can pick them on the map and then give them a way point. With an option tab at the top to give command to all mechs at once, maybe even have a list of what Mechs are in the group and you click on them from there.

At the moment only the DDC Atlas has a command module that we all pull it out because it is not used for anything. May I also make the suggestion that other Mechs can use the command module (if they don’t already). If you wanted to limit it further you could make it that only certain variants can use it except lights, being a commander in a light would be way to difficult.

My 2c's

Edited by PocketAces, 11 March 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#2 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBottom Of a Bottle

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Found this while searching for future Command Module plans and thought it sad that 500 pages Threads are wasted on a worthless MG debate while this is completely ignored.

I completely agree that the command option needs to create as least as much XP as Making your DDC a brawler (The exact OPPOSITE role it was intended for!). Taking Command with a Command Module present should give a percentage of the Teams total XP as incentive.

AFA multiple CM's on the battlefield (There should only be one but that won't happen for awhile if ever) maybe a vote of players for who commands? This can't be too buffed as XP Whores will all fight for command and never use it.

Command Module should have been a Game changing Tool. Those that go into combat without one should be at a disadvantage, Not the other way around. Again OPPOSITE of it's intended use.

No one should be able to call in a Air strike or artillery without a Command Module on the battlefield (It is needed for the uplink). And in reality only the Commander should be able to call them in anyway but we know that will never happen.

#3 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

That's some good suggestions for the use of the CM, but at the moment it is probably on the back burner. Liking the new lance thingy.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

If the Command Console would just give me 10% more XP by just equipping it and wasting 3 tons in my head... I would do it.

Otherwise, NO DICE.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users