Tbt-3C Builds

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Just bought my first Mech after squandering my Cadet bonus and having to play with Trial mechs for ages. Really liked the Trial TBT-7M and so decided to save up and get the 3C due to the faster speed and Endo-Steel / Artemis pre-installed.

My current build - TBT-3C - Linebreaker
2x ALRM10 w/ 2 ton ammo
3x ML
1x MPL
BAP
300XL
13 DHS
271 STD Armor

I'm finding that after dropping the LRM15's with half the ammo and putting the rest of the points into armor my durability has gone up by a lot. Can take a fair beating on my front side before going down. Heat is not too bad using the LRM's but once I switch to my MLs it racks it up pretty quick. I usually switch to chain-fire mode at about 70% and can keep up the DPS okay without shutdowns.

Anyone have any tips to maximize my effectiveness? At the moment I am averaging about 350/400 dmg and 1 kill per game. I was thinking of dropping some armor and buying a larger engine for more speed.

Definitely glad to be a Trebuchet pilot. :)

Edited by Pater Mors, 12 March 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#2 Peekaboom

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I wouldn't drop armor. I'd be tempted to drop the one MPL for another normal ML and then you get 1 more ton of armor. I know there are a lot of Treb speed freaks with the XL300's or bigger - but I bought the 7M and the XL250 seems more than fast enough for long-medium range work - and the jump jets help.

Seems to me that the 300XL treb's are better suited to SRM loadouts where they can use their toughness and speed to get behind and/or flank heavy mechs and deliver a hard blow. I'd be tempted to drop the Beagle prob and the LRM's for SRM-6's to compliment your ML's, use the extra weight for more ammo/armor. Or, as in the link below, I added in an ER PPC for long-range / high punch damage when closing in.

http://mechromancer....1,0,1,1,0,0,0,0

#3 Wittyname Terribad

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Drop the MPL and Beagle. Add a ML, 1ton LRM ammo, 1.5 tons armor

Reasoning- your MPL is a group all by itself, with shorter range and a different cool down than all your other lasers. Your ammo is a bit light for a full engagement, so swapping the MPL serves both purposes. The beagle is a neat toy, but you'll appreciate the armor when anything looks at you. I normally have my Trebs with near full armor, 14 on each of the rear torsos max on front, with full arms as well for damage shields. Shave a little off the legs if you need a half ton or so, but not much.

A larger engine wouldn't make a whole lot of sense with your setup, you're already going almost 100 after speed tweak. The speed would only really be needed for brawling

#4 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostWittyname Terribad, on 12 March 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Drop the MPL and Beagle. Add a ML, 1ton LRM ammo, 1.5 tons armor

Reasoning- your MPL is a group all by itself, with shorter range and a different cool down than all your other lasers. Your ammo is a bit light for a full engagement, so swapping the MPL serves both purposes. The beagle is a neat toy, but you'll appreciate the armor when anything looks at you. I normally have my Trebs with near full armor, 14 on each of the rear torsos max on front, with full arms as well for damage shields. Shave a little off the legs if you need a half ton or so, but not much.

A larger engine wouldn't make a whole lot of sense with your setup, you're already going almost 100 after speed tweak. The speed would only really be needed for brawling

Cheers, I might try that. The reason for the MPL was with this build it bumped my FP from 56 to 57 and most of the time I am firing in chain mode anyway (except on cold maps). BAP I put in for the quicker target locks which are really noticeable but something I could probably live without.

View PostPeekaboom, on 12 March 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I wouldn't drop armor. I'd be tempted to drop the one MPL for another normal ML and then you get 1 more ton of armor. I know there are a lot of Treb speed freaks with the XL300's or bigger - but I bought the 7M and the XL250 seems more than fast enough for long-medium range work - and the jump jets help.

Seems to me that the 300XL treb's are better suited to SRM loadouts where they can use their toughness and speed to get behind and/or flank heavy mechs and deliver a hard blow. I'd be tempted to drop the Beagle prob and the LRM's for SRM-6's to compliment your ML's, use the extra weight for more ammo/armor. Or, as in the link below, I added in an ER PPC for long-range / high punch damage when closing in.

http://mechromancer....1,0,1,1,0,0,0,0

Cheers mate. I am probably going to leave the LRM's on this Treb. I am saving for a second basic variant to start elite and that one I was planning on making a close range brawler, so your suggestions will be applied there minus the PPC because I just find I am not very good with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users