Heart Of The Swarm Is Released

11 replies to this topic

#1 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

I've been playing the campaign for the past 3 hours and it's awesome.

#2 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

i refuse to play any of blizzards games after how much Diablo 3 monstrously sucked. worst 60 bucks i have ever spent...

#3 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

View Postdal10, on 12 March 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

i refuse to play any of blizzards games after how much Diablo 3 monstrously sucked. worst 60 bucks i have ever spent...

Dude, it's blizzard and not PGI. Blizzard has whole teams working on different franchises. Starcraft2 is made by completely different team than diablo. Don't let your ignorance rob you off a great game.

#4 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 12 March 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Dude, it's blizzard and not PGI. Blizzard has whole teams working on different franchises. Starcraft2 is made by completely different team than diablo. Don't let your ignorance rob you off a great game.

you haven't sufferred identity theft due to their craptastic security services...

#5 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

View Postdal10, on 12 March 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

you haven't sufferred identity theft due to their craptastic security services...

Is that a joke? You know what I had to do before I could activate HoTs? They apparently detected that I'm using a different computer now and different internet (and I am), so they made me verify my account and change my password. I found it annoying, but when it comes to security they have the best safe guards for it. They got the SMS protection and those other devices (I never used them). So please man, "craptastic security", you got no clue. I'm starting to believe you are one of those blizzard hater zealots, talking to you is most likely pointless.

#6 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

my account was hacked through an email that i have only used for that game, which they used to steal my debit card information, which ended up getting me 5k in credit card debt, when i don't even have a credit card. 2 failure options, google and blizzard. odds of someone guessing a 48 digit password is incredibly low, and i trust google more than blizzard.

#7 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

installed it today... will try it tonight!

#8 slimebucket

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationVernon

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I really really wanted to buy this game, the collectors edition and all, as Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 where the main games I have always played...

But I can no longer give any money to blizzard. Diablo 3 was beyond bad, it was an intentionally scam, and LAUNDERING front. They committed many illegal money laundering acts, but no one could do anything because it was global, with servers across the globe with money going from country to country.

What USA will ban online poker playing sites that use the exact same methods but not Diablo 3?

Ever wonder why D3 Auction house wouldnt ever show sellers account info? Maybe blizzard sold some stuff on the side, or blizzard employees.

Everyone I know who made a NEW e-mail account JUST for blizzard games say they some how get spam on that account, and the only possible way is that the scammers got their e-mail from blizzard. Such as phishing e-mails and gold selling e-mails.

I found serious serious flaws with their security. Such as after the first purchase, the AH never asks for credit card 3 digit security pass or pay pal password. So someone could hack into your account and drain your accounts buy buying auctions for useless items they have for sale for $250 that no one else is selling at the time.

I used to be a paid beta tester, so I know what to look for. I e-mailed them about it, to no response, posted it in the forums UNDER BUGS, and all I got for replies was "IF YOU WANT TO QQ ABOUT THE GAME GO AWAY WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE" type replies.

3 patches later still same problems, and I never got any replies from blizzard about them, so I thought they not hearing em, So I posted again what the issues where on the forums.

I got banned from their forums permanently for doing so. Before that I actually was a blizzard fan and was wanting the game to do good... after that I was like ... WTF

Edited by slimebucket, 12 March 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#9 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ignoring Captain Tin Foil Hat above me there (lol. . . come on), and the guy who claims Blizz leaked his identity theft (keylogger or other malware seems about 2.5 million times more likely), I bought HotS as well.

And I have to say, the campaign is great, but the achievement server went down while I was playing, so I did about a third of the game without it up (oh well, what can you do), so if I want those sweet sweet portrait unlocks I'll have to go back and do it later, and I am so sick of building a ******** base in every map. Stop making me produce tech structures, and stop making me futz around with drone production. This is the campaign. There is no consistency to any of the maps, no tempo, and no need to make me spend my first few larva waves spawning drones, especially if you wont ******* let me spawn larvae with queens.

The fact that there is a new option that lets you not select enemy units is beyond ********, and the fact that it is on by default is worthy of a firing, as far as I am concerned.

Other than that, couldn't be happier, though you should be aware that I enjoyed Diablo III because I'm not a lunatic, so color your interpretation of my opinion accordingly.

#10 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostNoobzorz, on 12 March 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Ignoring Captain Tin Foil Hat above me there (lol. . . come on), and the guy who claims Blizz leaked his identity theft (keylogger or other malware seems about 2.5 million times more likely), I bought HotS as well.

And I have to say, the campaign is great, but the achievement server went down while I was playing, so I did about a third of the game without it up (oh well, what can you do), so if I want those sweet sweet portrait unlocks I'll have to go back and do it later, and I am so sick of building a ******** base in every map. Stop making me produce tech structures, and stop making me futz around with drone production. This is the campaign. There is no consistency to any of the maps, no tempo, and no need to make me spend my first few larva waves spawning drones, especially if you wont ******* let me spawn larvae with queens.

The fact that there is a new option that lets you not select enemy units is beyond ********, and the fact that it is on by default is worthy of a firing, as far as I am concerned.

Other than that, couldn't be happier, though you should be aware that I enjoyed Diablo III because I'm not a lunatic, so color your interpretation of my opinion accordingly.

I don't know how far you are in the campaign, and I'm not gonna spoil it, but I'll say that later on kerrigan gets a passive ability that makes two drones spawn from one larva (like zerglings). Droning problems will be gone like the wind, so fast production that after couple waves you are even overdroned, lol.

#11 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 13 March 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

I don't know how far you are in the campaign, and I'm not gonna spoil it, but I'll say that later on kerrigan gets a passive ability that makes two drones spawn from one larva (like zerglings). Droning problems will be gone like the wind, so fast production that after couple waves you are even overdroned, lol.

Oh my god. I've finished the campaign, but I totally forgot this option existed. I picked the creep option since in the terran campaign mules and the more reasonable pace of attacked abated a lot of the silliness (and you traded multiple SCVs for something insanely good like drop pods) and then totally forgot about it.

It would have been a good choice in the HotS campaign though.

#12 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I wish they kept how queens and larvae spawning works in the HotS campaign for the multiplayer. Queens in the campaign are now perfect support units that can heal and do air damage. You don't need to keep them in your base to spawn larvaes anymore...

It'd fix 2 big problems I have with zerg, which is their weak early anti-air and constantly spawning larvaes which feels more like a chore....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users