• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Trothkin, I am extending an invitation to those who have been awaiting a Nova Cat formation, or for those who have at least been interested in The Patient Hunter. May I present to you the the Spirit of the Dragoncat, Nekoryu-no Seishin.

Posted Image

You think this a vacation, quiaff? Because it is not. We are here on a mission; one that will test every last inch of your resolve, your integrity, your honor, and your adaptability. We are here because the Oathmaster and the Khans came to a decision. A decision that lead directly to us being placed within this Inner Sphere, hundreds of light years away from support and our normal ways of life.

I am Elan Devalis, though you may refer to me simply as Pariah. Your Star Colonel. Whether or not you like me or the situation you find yourself in as a member of this detachment is irrelevant. Our mission is to go where The Watch cannot. We will be the eyes and ears of the Patient Hunter. We will come to understand these people. We will come to know these people.

Whether for destruction, assimilation, or coexistence, that is for the seers to determine.

When the time comes, I trust you will know your allegiance, but for now you will hold one thing above the rest - you are the Spirit of the Dragoncat, the Nekoryu-no Seishin. Do not bring dishonor to us.

-----

The joint Combine/Nova Cat configuration allows those who are curious about the Clans to interact with, and become educated about, clan customs and their, or, at least, the Nova Cat mentality. The flip side is, Clanners who are curious about detail into the Draconis Combine can equally find information readily attainable through interaction with our mirror half. This mixture allows for a potentially diverse and engaging dynamic, as well as offers a route to bolster Clan Nova Cat warrior ranks indirectly through otherwise unattainable means.

We currently have a Teamspeak 3 section on the DCMS Teamspeak 3 server, complete with shiny clan ranks and rank pins, and, as always, my C3 channel is open to all at: http://c3links.com/?bM6bcQmA

If you are interested, recruitment is currently OPEN. Positions will initially be based on an individual's willingness to support the Nekoryu through whatever means they can. We are currently going about this as a casual detachment, but that may very well change should we get enough competitive pilots.

If interested, you can message Kreisel or myself, Pariah Devalis, either in game or via the messaging service provided by these forums.

We are currently at FOURTEEN pilots and climbing.

Color schemes:
1st Nekoryu Cluster uses Titanium White, Battleship Gray, and an accent color of Hellblau.
2ed Nekoryu Regiment uses Titanium White, Battleship Gray, and an accent color of Red.

We do not have a standardized camouflage pattern as of yet for ease of accessibility for pilots.

http://dragoncat.enjin.com/
mwowiki.org/wiki/Unit:Nekoryu-no_Seishin

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 April 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#2 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Update: We have a website now and you can enlist in the unit from there. Also our unit has been set up as a group on the House Kurita.org Teamspeak, though currently you'll have to catch me personally to get added to the TS group, Since I'm the only one set up as an admin in it yet.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

We are at six pilots and counting. Even dabbled in eight mans and represented ourselves very respectably. Plenty of room in our ranks, still!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 March 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#4 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I believe we're actually up to seven pilots now. Just not all of them have signed up officially on the website yet. It's great to see the unit growing and lots of wonderful support from the community.

#5 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Was nice having Juri Rosse on coms, earlier. Forgot what it was like to communicate with another die-hard Clanner. Though we both are in dire need of getting out of the habit of speaking with contractions. XD

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 March 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#6 Juri Rosse

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 40 posts
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hahaha, agreed. Contractions need to be done away with. It was fantastic fighting on the field with a fellow 'Cat. The coordination was incredible. We absolutely can go far with a well constructed star/lance.

#7 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Update: We now have a page on the MWO Wiki. mwowiki.org/wiki/Unit:Nekoryu-no_Seishin
We're listed as a DCMS unit because while the page template asks about a second faction, it does not place it on the unit list, and trying to fix both factions on 1 line seems to just breaks the links and lists it in neither. All of the Clans don't currently have pages on the wiki anyhow, so it's listed on our page but there wouldn't have been an external link to it even if I put Clan Nova Cat first. Once the Clans are announced and get pages, I may swap the order (or we might actually have figured out a way to be on both lists by then)

#8 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Dropped an app in. Not fussed about the name, but hey, Nova Cats.

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Had a blast tonight with LeoTib71, Juri Rosse, Ocean, and Lucian Nostra. Tearing up the fields of battle all night long!

#10 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Just don't read Era Report: 3145. I warn you! :blink:

#11 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 05 April 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Just don't read Era Report: 3145. I warn you! :)

Too late, I wasn't warned in time. OUCH. That's really all I can say. It was painful to read.

Edited by Dakkaface, 06 April 2013 - 03:05 AM.

#12 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Updated with a concise definition of just what we are.

Also:

To any Clan units, the Dragoncats are getting large enough in numbers that we may soon request attempting to synch 8v8 drops for training (or trial of position) purposes. If any of you would be willing to lend a hand in such matters, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 06 April 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#13 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 05 April 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Just don't read Era Report: 3145. I warn you! :)

To quote Dakkaface "I has a sad"

#14 RiceCop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Submitted application

#15 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

And accepted. Welcome (back) to the Clan, trothkin.

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Edited main post with our newer, streamlined icon for the 1st Cluster. Also, we are chugging along as yet more cats joined the pride. We grow stronger every day.

Also edited the TS3 section, as we now have an established presence there, as well as our current official number of members.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 April 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#17 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Today was a milestone for the 1st Dragoncat Cluster! We had 8 Nova Cat pilots on at the same time, and were able to do a pair of 8-mans with pure 1st Dragoncat Cluster pilots. We came up against two unidentified Davion 8-mans. We just went with whatever we would have fun with, so no standardized configuration, no minmaxed team compositions, just 8 of us having fun.

The first game was on Frozen City, and was an absolutely BRUTAL match. We barely won it. I had the two lances stay no farther than what was the F line with a Jenner on the right flank and an ECM spider eyeballing the tunnel. This placed the entire line fairly close to base, with sufficient cover to move if we had to react to a tunnel rush without getting our rears torn open.

I counted on them using poptarts, and knew we could not win playing their game, so I had everyone bunker down under cover. Sure enough, they had two HGNs and a 3D popping over the dropship, but we gave them very little to shoot at. They then sent the bulk of their forces through the tunnel, which we quickly jumped on. Prioritizing their DDC, followed by both their HGNs and their CTF-3D, I soaked up the initial attacks, spread some white blue love around, and put down their Atlas before dying. In the end, we had the Catapult, only slightly damaged, and the Jenner. They had one disconnected HGN left at their base which we quickly removed to end the game.

The second game was a loss, but a very close, brutal fight as well. Another Davion 8-man, on Forest Colony. We had originally planned to have the spider spot over the water while the rest of us would ambush any tunnel rush. The enemy team marched up the middle instead. They had several poptarts, again, and had an early 2:0 lead. I sent the X-5 and the Spider to their base, and we evened up the score as they turned around to stop the cap. The distraction bought us enough time to cross the water, approach from a covered position, close range and really bring the hurt home.

In the end our Jenner disconnected and we lost. The enemy team only had a 5LLas Stalker with minor armor damage and a CTF-3D with an exposed left torso remaining. Absolutely brutal game. Loved it, even if we did suffer a defeat.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 April 2013 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users