Why Can't The Mgs Just See A Damage Buff.

550 replies to this topic

#541 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostHeeden, on 18 March 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Accusing someone of trolling whilst using a meme-image? 4-Chan must be really missing you :-)

Ignoring the point of my post in favour of attacking an image pasta and you accuse me being a channer to boot? D:

well dudor why don't you tell me your views on the mg and why it should stay awful

At least that would be on topic.

I think when i get home i'm going to merge all the information in my many and varied posts into one mega post which i shall copy pasta every time some one uses a bad argument to state the Mg should be awful

#542 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostSifright, on 18 March 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Ignoring the point of my post in favour of attacking an image pasta and you accuse me being a channer to boot? D:

well dudor why don't you tell me your views on the mg and why it should stay awful

At least that would be on topic.

I think when i get home i'm going to merge all the information in my many and varied posts into one mega post which i shall copy pasta every time some one uses a bad argument to state the Mg should be awful

Don't forget to include the VW Beetle vs Cannon/Machine Gun/WhateverWeapon photo. That's awesome.

#543 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

This thread will be as large as the ECM one.

#544 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

Oh and i would like to add that MG ammo in MW can be 20mm shaped charges in addition to the high velocity penitrators like whats found in the a-10 chain gun. in fact they can be mixed with in the ammo load out. This can also me true for small arms weapon.

BTW the chain gun photo with the VW car could be interpenetrated as an ac-20 variant. The game/lore allows for single slug and multi round auto-cannons. 7.62 minigun vs 20 mm minigun. mg-2 vs ac-20.

MG's need to be viable in game and thus need a damage boost.

#545 LinkIcefang

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

To all those who say the Machinegun is only anti-infantry and should not effect 'mechs, I present to you this page:
http://www.ign.com/w...ine/Small_Laser

"Small, lethal, and limitless, the Small Laser serves as an anti-personnel "infinite repeater" against infantry and lightly armored vehicles."

Guess the Small Laser shouldn't do damage against 'mechs, either?

#546 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostTombstoner, on 18 March 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

BTW the chain gun photo with the VW car could be interpenetrated as an ac-20 variant. The game/lore allows for single slug and multi round auto-cannons. 7.62 minigun vs 20 mm minigun. mg-2 vs ac-20.

The real-life comparison is just for weight, and a Gau-8 is like a light-weight Clan MG. It was just to point out that a BT MG is not a hand-held gun, its just a simplistic classification that is unfortunately called 'Machine Gun.' Seeing as an AC/20 weighs 14 tons, it is definitely not a 20mm cannon. It is like a 180 to 200mm gun, and that's huge bro, that's basically a Naval Cannon.

When you look at an Atlas Cockpit, and realize how tiny your guy is, compared to the AC/20 strapped to the right torso, your dude could fit inside the barrel. Meaning the smallest classification of Ballistic weapons is the Battle Tech MG, which would be between 20 to 40mm, while each size Auto Cannon is progressively larger than that.

But in any case, I will continue to badger PGI until they realize the MG is bad in its current form. Real-life comparisons is a moot point, when the BT MG simply damaged Mech's armor, which is the main point.

View PostLinkIcefang, on 18 March 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

To all those who say the Machinegun is only anti-infantry and should not effect 'mechs, I present to you this page:
http://www.ign.com/w...ine/Small_Laser

Guess the Small Laser shouldn't do damage against 'mechs, either?

Needs nerf to 0.06 Damage. Needs crit-seek. Lawl. Reason? "Cuz."

Edited by General Taskeen, 18 March 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#547 Stargoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'd love to see the Spider 5K become a viable 'mech when using MGs. Machine guns need to do at least double damage to bring them in-line with the other ballistic weapons on a damage/ton basis, and either increase their fire rate or further increase damage to compensate for the constant-firing requirement. Something along the lines of small laser DPS is the bare minimum, I'd say.

Additionally, the crazy inaccuracy (at 90m!) is pretty annoying, and further pushes the weapon into the realm of mediocrity. I really want to love MGs.

#548 Sifright

• 2,218 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostStargoat, on 18 March 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

I'd love to see the Spider 5K become a viable 'mech when using MGs. Machine guns need to do at least double damage to bring them in-line with the other ballistic weapons on a damage/ton basis, and either increase their fire rate or further increase damage to compensate for the constant-firing requirement. Something along the lines of small laser DPS is the bare minimum, I'd say.

Additionally, the crazy inaccuracy (at 90m!) is pretty annoying, and further pushes the weapon into the realm of mediocrity. I really want to love MGs.

about the only good thing about mgs is how they sound... Which is a pretty terrible reason to take any weapon... :)

#549 Stargoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostSifright, on 18 March 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

about the only good thing about mgs is how they sound... Which is a pretty terrible reason to take any weapon... :)

Haha, yeah they sound bad-***. Too bad they don't perform as well as they sound.

#550 Sifright

• 2,218 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Another mg thread that needs to be closed and it's post count and link added to the MG discussion balance thread

This is a post to assist the mods in understanding the breadth of the problem I will be copy pasting this into older machine gun threads that did not recieve mod or dev attention so the feed back can be linked from the new thread.

#551 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

Closed!

For MG discussion go here: http://mwomercs.com/...eedback/unread/

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users