219 replies to this topic

#1 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Fed Suns is still recruiting new members (18+ with some exceptions for pilots with children). We are a pretty diverse unit, with members from all over the US and Canada, as well as the UK, Finland, and South Africa. Currently we are accepting applications from more mature players, but will consider anyone on a case by case basis.

We are looking to become very competitive once the game allows for more ladder based leagues, but right now it is more of a "get to know each other" time. Learning each others abilities and strengths/weaknesses is the main priority right now.

There are opportunities for leadership roles, including running your own lance or company once membership levels are high enough.

http://www.fedsuns.com

Edit: 9/15/13

We have started training for real at this point, scheduled weekly unit and lance practises with laid out emphasis points for each practise.

Edited by 12Bravo, 15 September 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#2 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Join up if you enjoy winning,

Competitive group of guys, but still, don't feel intimidated by this and apply!

Members are friendly guys willing to help you learn and improve as a mech pilot, you just gotta have that drive to want to improve.

If you think you got what it takes to be a winner, submit an application and lets have some great times

Edited by Azkor, 17 March 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#3 Darthspoke

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

We are indeed competitive. But we are also devoted to having a good time, so don't worry if you aren't the best player, as long as you have a decent attitude and can act like a fool once in a while :)

#4 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Still looking for more skilled and competitive pilots

Post an application and join in on the wins

#5 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

I hope I am not being to forward by saying this as I want ALL Davion units to succeed, however..
This phrase "If you get your feelings hurt easily don't even bother signing up." might be a little intimidating to one who is looking to join a unit. It almost seems as if it promotes open flaming,which..I know it probably isnt and is probably more like "constructive criticism",however...one may get the wrong impression

#6 Stella Starslayer

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

I applied on the website, and have a current k/d ratio of 1.22 and it is consistently rising. I don't know your k/d requirements, but I am a very competitive (yet still fun loving) Mechwarrior. I play well in a team, and can take orders well, as well as being a good leader. I've even managed to win a few PUGs solely through leadership after I died. ;)

I hope you will consider me, as I would be a valuable asset to your team.

#7 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm sure one of the big guys will get in touch with ya soon :blink:

#8 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostLordRush, on 21 March 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

might be a little intimidating to one who is looking to join a unit. It almost seems as if it promotes open flaming,which..I know it probably isnt and is probably more like "constructive criticism",however...one may get the wrong impression

It's the people who might get the wrong impression we would rather not have join the unit... Thanks for pointing that out.

#9 Darthspoke

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

We like to make fun of each other, in a good natured way, but some people can;t handle that, so fair warning.

As to K/D ratios, we don't really care about them. As long as you are fun to shoot giant robots with, we are pretty easy to get along with.

Espoir, sent you a friend request in-game, lmk next time you are on!

#10 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostEspoir, on 21 March 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

I applied on the website, and have a current k/d ratio of 1.22 and it is consistently rising. I don't know your k/d requirements, but I am a very competitive (yet still fun loving) Mechwarrior. I play well in a team, and can take orders well, as well as being a good leader. I've even managed to win a few PUGs solely through leadership after I died. :huh: I hope you will consider me, as I would be a valuable asset to your team.

Sent you a message on the website and a friend request in game Espoir, looking forward to doing some gaming.

#11 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Still actively recruiting....post an app!

#12 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Got a good amount of hits so far, still looking for more skilled pilots

#13 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Bump

#14 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

We've got some really great, new pilots
However, we can still use more recruits!

Please apply if you are interested and want to show us what you are about

We are a very active group and can help you become the best you can be, just be ready for a competitive environment, learn from every game and be a team player, having a sense of humor is a plus!

#15 StealthAssassin

• PipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm interested in competitive play, but must say... I can't stand people who talk about tabletop and lore. I'm only interested in gameplay, and winning. Please let me know on here.

#16 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

We don't really deal in lore, we really only care about doing well and winning while having a good time, if you are interested post an app, pretty easy process. If you think you fit and got what it takes then post it and join the team :rolleyes:

However for those of you actually interested in lore, there is enough knowledge from some of the old timers to actually have a conversation with, its however not a very common discussion that happens however so don't expect RPing or any of that to really happen

#17 Light Servant

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Servant is BACK... Hobbit, Jester, and I formed the original "Federated Suns" Unit in MW 3 and 4....I also played the MW5 which was morphed into Chrome Hounds on the XBox 360. Also Beta Tested MW 3&4 and MechCommander 1&2 with Paingod and the rest....

Just downloading this game...but seriously looking forward to strapping back into my favorite Owens scout mech...my Catapault...and my Atlass... BTW do we have Sunders in this game...noting like getting up and personal with a double autocannon sunder....or running a sunder fully equipped with streaks....and homing beacons...

Ah well be looking to join my old Federated Suns unit again....after 12 years of waiting....

Hail House Davion!!!

#18 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostLight Servant, on 24 March 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Servant is BACK... Hobbit, Jester, and I formed the original "Federated Suns" Unit in MW 3 and 4....I also played the MW5 which was morphed into Chrome Hounds on the XBox 360. Also Beta Tested MW 3&4 and MechCommander 1&2 with Paingod and the rest....

Just downloading this game...but seriously looking forward to strapping back into my favorite Owens scout mech...my Catapault...and my Atlass... BTW do we have Sunders in this game...noting like getting up and personal with a double autocannon sunder....or running a sunder fully equipped with streaks....and homing beacons...

Ah well be looking to join my old Federated Suns unit again....after 12 years of waiting....

Hail House Davion!!!

What the hell is this guy talking about? You can't control Houses, and you apparently have no idea what mechs are in-game.

#19 Darthspoke

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 24 March 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

What the hell is this guy talking about? You can't control Houses, and you apparently have no idea what mechs are in-game.

We were the Federated Suns in many leagues, for many versions of the MW franchise (Right up until MW4 faded away). Servant was one of the original members of that FS, as were most of us in the Fed Suns MWO unit.

As for his lack of knowledge of what mechs are in game, he also said he was just getting in NOW. Did you know every mech before you had even downloaded the game? I doubt it. Where does it pay for you to be rude to a new player? This is our recruitment thread, please go troll elsewhere.

#20 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostDarthspoke, on 24 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

We were the Federated Suns in many leagues, for many versions of the MW franchise (Right up until MW4 faded away). Servant was one of the original members of that FS, as were most of us in the Fed Suns MWO unit.

As for his lack of knowledge of what mechs are in game, he also said he was just getting in NOW. Did you know every mech before you had even downloaded the game? I doubt it. Where does it pay for you to be rude to a new player? This is our recruitment thread, please go troll elsewhere.

I registered my name last April and downloaded the first day of Open Beta on October 29th, so yes, I did know.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users