Heavy 'mech Madness

46 replies to this topic

#41 roundabout

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationUpstate, NY

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostEboli, on 15 March 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

I would tend to think that if you buy 7 days the 7 day timer starts straight away. Ie you cannot choose when to use each of the 7 days. Just like a yearly subscription - 365 days later it expires.

Would be very happy to stand corrected but my yearly subscription counts down each day.

Thanks Eboli. I WISH I could commit a good part of a week to playing but I never know when I'm gonna' have time to play for a night much less a week! :wacko:

#42 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Some nice stuff on this sale :wacko:

Already bought Xanh shortly after the revision of the camo/paint job purchase system, probably gonna get me Pigment and Ianchi now. Tiger pattern for Phracts as well I guess.

All in all there is only one word for this sale:

Spoiler

:P

#43 CaptainPinko

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Is there anyway to make your paint job dependent on the map setting? I don't want to be neon green on an ice world, but in a forest sure.

#44 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

I only buy mechs with cbills unless they are heroes i really like, but the paint and camo sales will always be attractive.

Keep it up guys!

#45 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostCaptainPinko, on 15 March 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Well the bill to Visa could be $20 but the points could be sufficient to buy 5 mechs (or theoretically a 100). The point is the only thing that needs to be large is the payment processed by the company, but the cost of the individual mechs could be much less.

In a marketing sense, yes, mechs would be more attractive to buy with real money rather than grinding in the game, but here's the kicker: you create a P2W scenario. Imagine if the RVN-3L was $5 and an AS7-DDC were $10? You'd have nothing else roaming the battle field field due to their cost and the what the mechs can do. Even though it makes it more unappealing, you need to moderate the prices to the mech, and since they still have to make a buck because MWO, outside of the mecha community, isn't tat popular, things aren't priced to what we want them to be. Things may change when it finally launches and gets some much needed attention.

Edited by Volt Opt Construct, 18 March 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#46 Bloodthorne

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTX, USA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

It's a He-man reference, but you said it wrong. It's "I have the POOOOWER!" ^_~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users