Whats Best Weapon Configuration For A Cataphract 4X?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Bubonic Metal

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

I recently bought a Cataphract CTF-4X which has 4 ballistic points, 2 energy points, and 1 missile point. I've been experimenting with equipment and I don't think I'm doin it right. So far I've picked up 4 AC-5's for the ballistic hardpoints. So what should I use for my two center torso energy hardpoints and my single cockpit missile hardpoint? Also... What can I do to keep my weight down? What engine should I use? Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Edited by Bubonic Metal, 17 March 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#2 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

i doubt it's the best configuration but i really love my 4x equipped with 4 ac5, shooting them all at once for fairly high fairly accurate pinpoint damage. plus with the weapons being in the arms it helps for tracking lights and shooting up, down level elevations.

#3 Bubonic Metal

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostEcliptor, on 17 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

i doubt it's the best configuration but i really love my 4x equipped with 4 ac5, shooting them all at once for fairly high fairly accurate pinpoint damage. plus with the weapons being in the arms it helps for tracking lights and shooting up, down level elevations.

Hmmm doesn't sound bad at all. I really love the LB 10X shotgun style armament, but I'm definitely considering 4 AC5's.

#4 0X2A

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

4 - Ac/5s
-Comfortable alpha
-Nice DPS in chainfire

It will tear up Assault mechs, and make quick work of other heavies. Be warned of smart lights and mediums, as the turning radius and speed on phracts in nothing to write home about.

#5 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

oh also you can put your ac5 on chain fire while firing almost like a machine gun causing the enemy's cockpit to shake which causes their aim to be buggered up a bit, it helps against snipers i find

#6 Bubonic Metal

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostEcliptor, on 17 March 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

oh also you can put your ac5 on chain fire while firing almost like a machine gun causing the enemy's cockpit to shake which causes their aim to be buggered up a bit, it helps against snipers i find

Sick. What would you recommend for my two energy hardpoints and missile hardpoint?

#7 Eumenes

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 77 posts
  • Locationof Cardia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

With 4 AC/5's you have little to spare on secondary weapons. A minimum of 6 tons of AC ammo as well, so a Medium Laser or two is about it. You're burning a lot of tonnage with all of those autocannons.

Other builds with dual AC/10 or UAC/5 might be able to fit a large laser or two ML... maybe an SRM4 or streak.

Edited by Eumenes, 17 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#8 Bubonic Metal

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostEumenes, on 17 March 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

With 4 AC/5's you have little to spare on secondary weapons. A minimum of 6 tons of AC ammo as well, so a Medium Laser or two is about it. You're buring a lot of tonnage with all of those autocannons.

Other builds with dual AC/10 or UAC/5 might be able to fit a large laser or two ML... maybe an SRM4 or streak.

So there's no getting around the tonnage? Also when it comes to engines is the XL a bad idea? Thanks!

#9 Eumenes

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 77 posts
  • Locationof Cardia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

The Cataphract has a giant torso like an Atlas or Awesome, so expect to get hit. If you play near the back and don't try to hunt on your own an XL engine can work. You're still slow and fragile, but can provide good fire support.

Here's a Quad AC/5 build with XL:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3014810040c5d0a

You can make it work with the default 210 standard engine though, just shave off some armor.

#10 Bubonic Metal

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostEumenes, on 17 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

The Cataphract has a giant torso like an Atlas or Awesome, so expect to get hit. If you play near the back and don't try to hunt on your own an XL engine can work. You're still slow and fragile, but can provide good fire support.

Here's a Quad AC/5 build with XL:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3014810040c5d0a

You can make it work with the default 210 standard engine though, just shave off some armor.

Sweet action. I'll try that soon! And is shaving off armor for a standard engine worth it? I already conveniently have that XL 210 engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users