25 replies to this topic

#1 Mandark Reyoku

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLutheren

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I as a long time Kuritan I love to see the dragon flex its claws and take out unit after unit system after system in our attempt to rule the inner sphere so that we can bring the order of the House Kurita to the rest of the universe as it is ordained and as such I have but 1 question
WHERE ARE ALL THE ACTIVE KURITAN UNITS
I have seen the RHoD tourney roster i have also looked at the Marik Civil War im sure there are other tournies going on and other than NS being in the RHoD i do not see any other active Kuritan units dropping competitively
Why is this ??
Surely NS can not be the only ACTIVE unit that bares the Kurita Crest that is dropping competitively
so if there are any other HK units that i may of missed that do drop on the regular and competitively
Id like to know

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

The 9th decided to drop out of RHoD for a couple of reasons- we had two back-to-back matches where the opponent didn't show, and most of our veteran members have been droppingn since Closed Beta and have burnt out a little.

We're starting to see some more activity in our unit and I have no doubt that when CW shows up we will have many more units active. Try joining the HK TS server on Saturdays, you'll find quite a few different units dropping on Kurita Fun Drop Saturdays.

#3 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

The RHoD was more or less an invitational tournament and with the schedules the way they were many units were put off by it. Marik civil war seems more in tune with units of that house. Some other attempts at user driven community warfare have come up but I'm not sure how successful they've been thus far.

A good alternative is the tournament which I've set up for April the 6th. If you don't have a unit to fight with, feel free to enquiry about an honorary roster spot for the games with us (the 9th Sword) or with Nights's Scorn. The matches take place on one day with all fighters attending.

-k

#4 Mandark Reyoku

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLutheren

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

http://proxis.midgardmc.eu/mwo/map.php

here is a new planetary tourny
id love to see HK run the maps

#5 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

So...is it safe to say the only HK affiliated clans units active competitively are the 9th and NS...?

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 18 March 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#6 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

In 1st Ghost we are actively training and running 8man drops regularly. We are still waiting for atournament that is both convenient and attractive to participate, but I would say we do have the competitive gene in us, its just that the actual choice of tournaments is not very attractive.

#7 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

Right now, the one day tourneys like kdogg's are more attractive to me. I can't wait for CW though, and woulg like to see some PGI team-based tourneys.

#8 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

When the game goes live their will be much more activity. We are only in beta now. :)

#9 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Well if there is no headway regarding CW you might not see us doing Tourneys much longer. People are really starting to stray to other games. We really need a longer term goal.

We are still fighting, but it is getting harder and harder.

#10 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I think everyone's waiting to see what the April Command Chair post holds in store. If there is still no word whatsoever on CW, or other more in depth content, the community as a whole will not hide their disappointment.

-k

#11 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

My experience, is that right now there very few in overall Mechwarrior Online base competitive units. Part of it is, frustration of the current Meta, and a bunch of burned out competitive players. But, ya 2nd Arkab is by no means competitive 0.o
1st ghosts are pretty Consistently active, but I don't know their rules or regulations.
I thought the Night's Scorn were competitive as well, but everyone operates on their own server so much, to Kurita's Frustration.

Everyone wants their privacy, and that's fine. Except when you want to casually drop.
It would be easier to do Casual 8 man's (if you can keep them casual) if everyone was on the same server.

Edited by Timuroslav, 03 May 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#12 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

^^^True enough...would be better,
but the problems have become more than just privacy and the like.
There is now alot of burnout issues w/those of us whove played since CB days, then theres the plethora of unsolved and even new bugs and so many other fails on PGI's part. I think alot of folks are now losing sight or simply are no longer interested.

So yeah, all HK playing on a single TS3 svr is no doubt a good idea and keeps people w/people to drop with/

#13 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

It's also spring, Which means Seasonal job switch/ Finals for Schools, and just higher overall stress, into the transition of Summer. Summer picks up For nearly ALL Games, but the transition period is rough. Best Example Right before Christmas and New years. People get busy. It's not Just unique to Mechwarrior

#14 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

Title should be, "Are there any active Kuritan units"? Activity has dropped across the board. Perhaps to burnout by lack of any concrete CW release info? I had hoped to see something in the May update but it wasn't to be.

-k

#15 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Burn out is an issue, but also a lot of us are facing technical issues that are really restrictive. For instance I still play, but since the vision mode patch my fps dived to single digits and nothing I've tried has helped. I can't play more than a few games like that, and am stuck wi larm boats as my only option because I can't hit anything like that. My dragons and lights are undriveable.

#16 Rowin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Ronin Legion has an Active EU team and US team and are always looking for more. Our group encourages competitive play are are looking for more (for upcoming 12v12)

http://roninlegion.enjin.com/

#17 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Ronin Legion needs to post their Fighting group in the: Servants of the Dragon page :)

#18 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

On Topic: as long as there is a Combine, there is always an active Kuritan Unit out there :)

Best place to check is: Servants of the Dragon

As for the recent discussion, I can't agree with you more gents. But as the saying goes "Hope dies last", I sincerely hope and believe that activity will rise again, once CW will be put into place.

rgds
Om

#19 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Welcome Ronin Legion! The 9th welcomes friendly scrimmages and competition with you, and looks forward to the day we can fight by your side for the Combine. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

-k

#20 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Private servers should help us all after it is implemented. We are looking forward to this.

In the meantime I hope we see one another in some random drops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users