Better Friend/group Ui And Clan/community Friendly Content?

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree with the OP? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with the OP?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Abstain (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you want to see a better social interface?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Abstain (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Arktiswylf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

I really find the current Interface for Friends and groups to be very difficult to use, and I'm sure this issue is already apparent and well known by not only most of the player-base, but by the Dev's as well. So I don't feel the need to go in-depth with this.

However, I do believe we need some sort of faction/Clan tools. And In a universe such as MW I would have really expected clan/faction/regiment tools to be high on the priority list. I mean this is MW, a game solely based on team play, in a universe full of merccorps, clans, houses, etc. and yet there is no interface or option to create a group and drop with them in game?

Now I'm sure this is already being talked about elsewhere, but I just thought I'd make a reminder to the Dev's that this is wanted pretty badly by a large amount of people. Hell I'd even hold off on making the Social UI better if you guys added some sort of community/clan tool.

Edited by Arktiswylf, 18 March 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#2 Arktiswylf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

EDIT: Fixed to follow Poll Guidelines.

#3 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. Could you elaborate please?

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I would sincerely hope they improve the IM interface we have for the game, before we even dare touch a live chat room. At this moment, I have no faith in PGI to accomplish this. The current controls for messaging others is below ANY good basic IM client. It's inferior to beta IM applications. That's how bad it is. You can't tell if someone is actually still online (because, you are messaging into a black hole), and you can't tell if the other person has received your message... let alone KNOW you messaged them.

That's the problem at hand.

Edited by Deathlike, 18 March 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Community Warfare is coming.

CW, in case you don't know, is the introduction of the Successor Houses (a.k.a. Factions) to the game. You will be able to declare loyalty to a House and fight for them. You will gain ranks within your chosen House. You will have the opportunity to earn Faction-specific rewards and even join well-known Faction-specific House units (this will not affect who you drop with, unless you want it to).

CW is also the introduction of the official Mercenary Unit part of the game.

Read this.

#6 Arktiswylf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 18 March 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Community Warfare is coming.

CW, in case you don't know, is the introduction of the Successor Houses (a.k.a. Factions) to the game. You will be able to declare loyalty to a House and fight for them. You will gain ranks within your chosen House. You will have the opportunity to earn Faction-specific rewards and even join well-known Faction-specific House units (this will not affect who you drop with, unless you want it to).

CW is also the introduction of the official Mercenary Unit part of the game.

Read this.

Is there any news on when this is coming? I mean this post was over a year ago and I have heard nothing more of this subject as of late. I mean the Clan invasion is coming soon™ And we don't even have IS Community warfare available yet?

And this goes back to my original post, how can they even begin to implement such a system, when their chat/group options are so terrible.

@Roadbeer
What i'm looking for is simple, and I believe many other players are also looking for this. If I wanted to make a Regiment within MWO, I'd want some means of contacting and staying in touch with the other players of my regiment within game, not just on the forums, i want a way to tell who's in my Regiment on my Friendslist (Maybe tags?) And a group chat that all of them can be in at a time. There needs to be significant improvement to the current IM, Cause as it stands you can't even hold down backspace to delete, you can't copy paste either. It just lacks all the functions of a basic IM. I mean even League of Legends has Community Chatrooms.

#7 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

I don't disagree, the game seriously needs to have it's 'community' end bolstered. BADLY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users