25 replies to this topic

#21 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

No one wants to correct the error of the OP's ways? Fine, I'll do it.

Move the SRM ammo from your CT to your head. Internals have 10 hp each, your head has 18 (Not including the 18 armor). I highly doubt you'll notice the difference when you get shot in the face by an AC20 K2 (which is an instant kill), PPC stalker (assuming 4+ PPCs, again, instant death), or shut down in front of the entire enemy team, enough people will be firing on you that even if they do headshot you and detonate the ammo, you would have been dead anyways.

Now do the twist. You're welcome.

As for the actual discussion: I prefer the C1 over the other two. 2 ER large lasers and a couple of launchers of your choice? Oh baby. As an added bonus you can get a third large laser in the CT, or swap it all out for large pulse lasers or something. It's probably more versatile than the A1 or C4 due to it's hardpoints, though it does quite literally have half (or a third) of the potential missile firepower of the other variants. It's also quite possible to give it 2 ER PPCs or something.

EDIT: That reminds me, I need to go buy a C1.

Edited by Kassatsu, 17 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#22 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Haha. ERLLas. Get real.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 17 March 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

No one wants to correct the error of the OP's ways? Fine, I'll do it.

Move the SRM ammo from your CT to your head. Internals have 10 hp each, your head has 18 (Not including the 18 armor). I highly doubt you'll notice the difference when you get shot in the face by an AC20 K2 (which is an instant kill), PPC stalker (assuming 4+ PPCs, again, instant death), or shut down in front of the entire enemy team, enough people will be firing on you that even if they do headshot you and detonate the ammo, you would have been dead anyways.

It doesn't make a difference. If I don't even get the first ton of ammo shot away, I'm probably already toast.

Now do the twist. You're welcome.

As for the actual discussion: I prefer the C1 over the other two. 2 ER large lasers and a couple of launchers of your choice? Oh baby. As an added bonus you can get a third large laser in the CT, or swap it all out for large pulse lasers or something. It's probably more versatile than the A1 or C4 due to it's hardpoints, though it does quite literally have half (or a third) of the potential missile firepower of the other variants. It's also quite possible to give it 2 ER PPCs or something.

EDIT: That reminds me, I need to go buy a C1.

I don't think I've said the C1 was bad (in fact, it's better than the K2 for me). The debate is always between A1 vs C4. C1 is just fine as is.

#24 flying1ace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnknown. But probably on the computer.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

The C1 is my mech.
You can not have him.
I tried a A1, figured that i could load 4 Lrm 20's on him and away I go...
Splat Cats are just so darned hard to hit people with when you are a dedicated Lrm boater at heart.
Keep waiting for the little target icon, and..... Dead. Maybe Tag would help? It feels as though i have three lb 10x auto cannons loaded up.
Ow... Decided to sell it and get the JagerMech when it is released soon!

Edited by flying1ace, 17 March 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#25 Diablobo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

It's a good post, but even the OP's TL:DR is TL:DR.

#26 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

When the A1 Catapult has no ears and/or no ammo the C4 Catapult is all kinds of viable

pew pew > sploosh sploosh

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users