Pilot Does Not Throttle With Acceleration

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Pilot Error (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you experience this?

1. Yes (3 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

One of the neat things I noticed about the game is that when you start to accelerate or decelerate your pilot moves a lever inside the cocpit. He no longer moves his left arm as of the last patch. While this isn't anything major and doesn't affect gameplay, it was still something cool.

#2 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

What Mech are you piloting when you notice this? One of my lance mates had the same issue but I do not remember what he was piloting at the time.

#3 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Well if they fix this, I hope they at least get the direction right this time. Also the stick moves the wrong direction in pitch, but haven't noticed if it was changed since last patch...

#4 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I am using both Commandos and Centurions when I play, and these are the only two I have played since the patch.

#5 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I dont have any Centurions but Ill check my Commandos, I still had animation in my Jenny earlier today.

#6 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

My Commandos throttle is still in operation.

View PostLoc Nar, on 24 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Well if they fix this, I hope they at least get the direction right this time. Also the stick moves the wrong direction in pitch, but haven't noticed if it was changed since last patch...

Pitch is indeed inverted, how awkward. As for the throttle, I plan to build one in almost this same handle on a dual rail configuration and am leaning towards a pull for forward / push for reverse. Neutral would be just forward of a relaxed position, reverse slightly overextended and full forward motion being nearly relaxed. I think this would work best as much of the time you need to be on the move, when in rest its leaves you ready to pull into action and having an overextended arm only for the shorter bursts of full reverse.

It looks odd at first but in practice it should become quite comfortable.

#7 HATER 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

After my first view of "myself" in the cockpit, and watching "myself" do the dumbest joystick wiggle for no good reason, I tuned the cockpit completely out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users