16 replies to this topic

#1 DeeBeeP

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Its been years but I can still hope that some old members from CCr are still alive and out there. I'm posting this here because of the affinity CCr had with the Capellan Confederation and House Liao.

CCr was a clan that started in MW3 and was competitive through MW4 in the Vengeance league. It's been well over a decade since those days but I remember I've never been so competitive in a game since then.

If any old CapCon members find this it would be awesome to reminisce on old times, it would be even better if CCr could return if MWO turns out to be worthwhile.

Edited by DeeBeeP, 06 November 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#2 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

Welcome DB !

Did you guys play in War!online as well?

#3 Neozero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Greetings nice to see CCr is gonna be represented here, i did a small stint with the unit in VL while I was searching out of friends from MPBT to rejoin them.

#4 Lio Lio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport News Virginia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

*sigh* I only played cardboard and pencil BT...I feel a short career of cannon fodder is in my future :)

#5 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

You will be ok L.L.

We will be prepared. and Once we know the mechanics of the game, those who played online longer, we will make sure we get you some tutoring and as much help as you want or need. :) There will be a learning curve for everyone, so when BETA is announced, we want to make sure we get as many players as LIAO can, get them registered !

>VDB<

#6 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Here's to hoping for the ability to use my favorite WSAD/Trackball setup: W= Accelerate, S=Decelerate, A= Turn Legs Left, D= Turn Legs Right, The Ball on the Trackball for torso control, Buttons and wheel for weapon groups (could probable change weapon groups to something else if I end up running a scout).

#7 DeeBeeP

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I only ever played with CCr from MW3 until soon before the closure of the VL. I know some members went on to play in other leagues but i didn't join them.

#8 AnimalC4

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

I was in CCr for a bit as CCr_Widgee - Remember playing with Lonestar and Chronx a fair bit! Might have to get the ole sidewinder out!

#9 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

Welcome to MWO, Animal!

#10 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostHIemfire, on 09 November 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

Here's to hoping for the ability to use my favorite WSAD/Trackball setup: W= Accelerate, S=Decelerate, A= Turn Legs Left, D= Turn Legs Right, The Ball on the Trackball for torso control, Buttons and wheel for weapon groups (could probable change weapon groups to something else if I end up running a scout).

I'm curious if a trackball really can compete a mouse in shooters or other action games? What's your device model, btw?

#11 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostLima Zulu, on 25 January 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

I'm curious if a trackball really can compete a mouse in shooters or other action games? What's your device model, btw?

A Logitec (I forget the model #) wired (I hate wireless due to battery requirements and lack of trust with RF systems) thumb ball with 2 buttons (3 counting the roller that also operates as a button). Focuses more on fine motor control with the fingers than on wrist motion (my wrist has a bad tendency to twitch at inopportune moments) and requires less surface area to be useable. Works well enough for shooters and in at least two of the MMO's (not going to name names so as not to advertise for them), as for adventure games I'm not sure. Would depend on the type (side scroll, top view and what not). There is a sharp transition curve though between different types of trackball (thumb ball to centered finger ball and vice versa) and from track ball to and from mouse. That last part is where I think allot of the anti-trackball hate comes from. It is a p.i.t.a. to switch over then jump straight into a game. Don't do it expecting to be at the same level to begin with that you were when you were using the othere interface type. I've personally found the thumb type to fit my style the best.

Edited by HIemfire, 25 January 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#12 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

@Hlemfire
I'm not really a hater 'cause never tried, but always curious about something I have no expirience with.

#13 CCR01Topgun

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Holy **** its been 5+ years? I am CCr_Topgun and I remember everyone mentioned above! How the hell is everyone? I cant wait for the reboot to goto beta!

#14 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

Welcome aboard Topgun... welcome aboard. :D

#15 DeeBeeP

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm resurrecting this thread since I'm more active in game now. To any CCr that are still playing, send me a friend request in game and you can probably find me on the NGNG TS3 server.

Yes, I remember Lonestar and Topgun from the MSN Zone days. You wouldn't recognize me since I was a punk-*** kid back then but I ran under the callsign "RogueAce" back then.

#16 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

We love the CC

#17 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostDeeBeeP, on 16 February 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I'm resurrecting this thread since I'm more active in game now. To any CCr that are still playing, send me a friend request in game and you can probably find me on the NGNG TS3 server.

If we can assist, let us know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users