Silly Ways To Die

57 replies to this topic

#41 TempestWolf1

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

wait... I remembered one... once I was piloting my 2X (i call it brutaphract) in a team of 4... as we were fighting some atlai, a teammate yelled "they are firing from behind" and turning, I see a stalker shutting down amidst three enemy mediums that completely ignore it... i proceed to alpha it repeatedly... and as i launch my final alpha it starts up and i see the blue... for a fraction of a second before it dies...

since then i never shoot a shut down 'mech unless i see it shutting down in front of me :)

Edited by TempestWolf1, 18 March 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#42 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostTempestWolf1, on 18 March 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

wait... I remembered one... once I was piloting my 2X (i call it brutaphract) in a team of 4... as we were fighting some atlai, a teammate yelled "they are firing from behind" and turning, I see a stalker shutting down amidst three enemy mediums that completely ignore it... i proceed to alpha it repeatedly... and as i launch my final alpha it starts up and i see the blue... for a fraction of a second before it dies...

since then i never shoot a shut down 'mech unless i see it shutting down in front of me :)

so your THAT guy...

#43 Anologue Kid

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Aww..the spoil sports moved it to off topic. No fun.

#44 TempestWolf1

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostV3rg3r3, on 18 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

so your THAT guy...

was that you... can't really remember the name... sorry again if you were :)

oh... and back on topic before someone gets angry:

enemy spider appearing from around the corner and eating an ac/20 round destined for an atlas

Edited by TempestWolf1, 18 March 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#45 Kaarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationState of confusion

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

No getting angry on this one. Besides, some well meaning soul jettisoned it to the Off Topic forum. Kill joys..lol

#46 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostBudor, on 18 March 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

I wonder what treasures await me in that cave? I hope theres no spiders inthere!

Spoiler

You NooB!!! You owe me a new keyboard, and monitor... and a pair of pants!
And Hospital Bills... I was drinking hot coffee, when I hit the spoiler button! :unsure:

#47 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostLt XKalibur, on 18 March 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

You beat me to it by 10 seconds! Quality listening.

So much win! :)

#48 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I have died when I brushed against a friendly mech while in my commando with an exposed torso with an XL engine doing over 130kph.

While in my jagermech I got stuck in between two rock spires on Tourmilane Desert. It effectively made me a fixed gun turret. when I was killed the explosion popped my wedged in mech and sent me into orbit. I **** you not my mech launched into the upper atmosphere of the planet. The guys I was grouping with saw me launch strait up.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 20 March 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#49 Eternal Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

A jenner riding on the head of an Atlas for fun, then seeing him getting killed and shot off, by misc gauss\erppc's when the atlas pop over the crater in the desert :)

#50 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostAlik Kerensky, on 18 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Jenner D... was killed by LRM fire on Caustic, and then hit by 6 or 7 waves after the first one had already killed me. :lol:

View PostOmni 13, on 18 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

feel the hate?

yes... yes I did... :D

#51 TempestWolf1

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

yesterday I backed up and accidentally stepped on a splatcat (probably damaged) and apparently stole a kill

#52 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I actually managed to leg someone by running my no-weapons-left atlas over their raven once. Not sure if that counts.

#53 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

I was in my CTF-4X on Frozen City, moving around the back end of the dropship with a few assaults. There was an enemy Awesome right on the other side, so like any normal person I fired my gauss rifles at it.
That's when a friendly Spider decided to dart in front of my 'mech right when I pressed the trigger. I can't really say I felt bad when the now limbless Spider became an easy kill for the Awesome.

Also, despite my best efforts, I have not been able to kill my Jenner by repeatedly jumping off buildings in the testing zone.

#54 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

that's a nice question you bring up;

would an awesome be able to even clap? it's torso seems too big for it

#55 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Soo, got a very old one, though I haven't told it very often.
This was in the early closed beta, back when they were just starting to let Founders in, and I probably hadn't been in the beta for a week. I dropped with some people I recognized from the forum, and they were chatting with each other, so I decided to pipe in with a comment of my own. Now, I thought I was safe from any harm, since the match had just started and there was a wall in front of me in case typing whatever I was typing took too long. We were in Forrest Colony, upper spawn, I went right into that walled off area. Unfortunately, there was a small area of the Out of Bounds zone next to the wall, that I walked into, I managed to get the message off before the timer ran out, but wasn't able to get back out. My 'mech went kaboom, and I haven't dropped with them since then.

#56 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostV3rg3r3, on 18 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

My friend got stuck on river city just before Sigma, between 2 buildings. An hunchback chased me right in front of him. He didn't last 2 seconds. Then, he fell out of the map, and died due to being out of bounds. Best Skype call ever.

Had that happen to me a few times, seen it happen to others too.........all in the same map.

How is this? Supporting a atlas fighting a catapract in frozen colony from mid tun entrance, then jumping off at their level in a attempt to get at the practs back and end up landing on it and getting stuck on it. I was stuck on him without him knowing, he was still shooting back at our atlas and with each shot he damaged my legs, he started to retreat back to his group while firing and after a few more shots one of my legs blows off with the other nearly gone and I fall off.........next to his 7 friends.

#57 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostKaarde, on 18 March 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I saw a spider execute a perfect jump and landing...right in front of a Splatcat. I wonder if he had time to say "OH SH___" before he died.

Trust me, the language he was using wasn't nearly as tame.

As for my silliest death...it was in my Spider actually :(

River City. Night time. Both my legs were cherry red. A friendly Jenner running towards me broke left (my right) too late and broke that leg. So there I hobbled along for a few seconds when that same Jenner passed me from behind on my left and broke that leg to.

SPencil said:

******* ****** ***** ********** ****** **** ******** WITH A ******** ********* YOU ********** ***** *********** ******* ****** ******** ************** AND ****** *************************** ******* *********!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I didn't actually type it out, that would have been mean and he (probably) didn't mean too.

#58 Kaarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationState of confusion

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Happy to see this thread is still going.

I have to add one from this past LRMGedden week that we had. I was running in a Treb 7M mounting 2 srm6 and an srm4. Was able to sneak up behind a Jagger that was packing 2 ac 20's. Just as my missles cycled for a second salvo he backed into me and I pulled the trigger. Two kills for the price of one.

The splash took him out and me at the same time as I was nearly cored earlier by one of his buddies packing more LRM's than one could ever imagine. If I had any brains (no claims here) and wouldn't have been laughing at myself so loud I'd have gotten a screen shot. Kaarde has killed xxxxx Kaarde has been killed by Kaarde. Or something resembling that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users