Ask the Devs 5!

114 replies to this topic

#41 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

1. Will GPGPU be utilized to improve performance in-game?
2. Will the Cicada be available on July 17th?
3. How many Atlas' does it take to change a lightbulb?

#42 Woska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Will equipment and weapons we remove from a 'mech be held in our inventory for later use? Or will they simply vanish?

Machine guns have never been all that useful against other mechs. Will there be other kinds of targets, that would be suited to MG use?

Will a pilot be limited to only one role? Or will you be able to have a scout pilot that also has assault skills?

Edited by Woska, 01 June 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#43 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

What is the exchange rate between $1 and Cbills?

On average what should I expect to pay for a mech? I have seen estimates between $5-$30 per mech.

How will we observe a game after we die?

Will I ever have a question answered? Quiaff ;)

Edited by Fresh Meat, 01 June 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#44 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

How will "rare" technologies be made rare on the battlefield? (Re: Gauss Rifles, EndoSteel Structures, Complex ECM, etc.)
Will there be a price-barrier serving as the primary factor, or will the parts' market-availability fluctuate?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 31 May 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#45 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

With regards to the damage modeling in the game: will you be able to damage internals without taking down all of the outside armor first (through-armor critical chances)? Or will we only get to internals after all of the armor in a certain location is removed?

Exactly how do you plan on balancing mechs that are over/underpowered? It seems like you're going staying true to tabletop rules, but how far will you go for game balance? Will you add/remove entire hardpoints, or just try to change things like torso twist speeds and small things like that to give or take away the edge from an unbalanced mech?

#46 Krosslite

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Will the game as it appears right now, be for the most part, how it will be at release? If so why? You see I like story arcs in online gaming. I feel this is extemely important

#47 chamfer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

About join a match,what system does MWO use?
Does it resembles WOT,click start and matchmaker grab 30 players together?
and does leaves game(before dead/knocked out) early will cause penalty?
Or system search for already started,appropiate match?

Also I'd like to know more about a lone wolf's play experience.

Edited by chamfer, 01 June 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#48 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

You guys need to clear up any and all ambiguation regarding the Founder's Pack. It's all worded so poorly that it's not very clear.

1) Will you be able to freely change region, or is my account somehow 'locked' to European servers if I start playing there?

2) Will other servers in other regions be available from launch? Right now it doesn't sound like it which is highly distressing.

3) Does buying the Founders Pack lock you to the North America region? The reason I ask is because everything I read about the Founder's Pack talks about having poor gameplay experience when playing from overseas. This implies buying founder's pack means you're forced onto NA servers, and that is that.

4) If the Founder's Pack is locked to NA servers, *WHY*? This might be one of the more profoundly stupid things I've heard if true. Tribes Ascend had no problem with me - currently living in Europe - buying a VIP starter pack and playing on any region I chose.

5) If it's only tied to your account, and there are no region restrictions, then why do North American servers keep getting brought up in discussions about the Founder's Pack? Is this because you will have no servers outside the 'States at launch?

6) So if other regions aren't / can't get access to the Founder's package without screwing themselves over, will there be special Founder's Packs for those players too? Or is the $80 / additonal mech / etc. just preferrential treatment to non-Americans?

As active-duty military who's getting moved around overseas and stateside frequently, I certainly hope you aren't going to do something completely bonkers here.

#49 pilot84

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

i havent seen anything about this yet. see as crysis 2 multiplayer was quickly ruined by cheaters because they did not use a 3rd party anti cheat program...and seeing as this game is built on the same engine, it's not a far stretch to see those cheats being transferred to this game.

what anti-cheat measures if any will this game employ?

#50 RedDinamo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 512 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

It will be possible to transfer to other players game currency?

#51 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

This might be interpreted as not being a proper question but here goes.

In many of the previous MW games urban areas had rather large distances between each building and the total number of buildings was rather low with large open areas surrounding the urban area.
Those types of urban maps don't look realistic compared to how big cities are in real life .

I guess the real question here is- Could you give us an idea of what to expect from an urban map in MW:O?
Map sketches or maybe even a short gameplay video on an urban map. Something along those lines would be great.
The MW 5 video looks very much like a real city for example but that is MW 5 not MW:O.

#52 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

What cosmetic goods we can buy to trick out our mech with? Paints, modeled , physical differences between mechs, customized cockpit goodies (hula girls, fuzzy dice, a pin-up poster of a centurion with it's chest-panels open)? Basically, what would we be spending the cash from the Elite Founder's Package on other than early access to new mechs? What's the real incentive for in-game money spending?

Also, will we be able to gift items we get with real cash to other players? Say I want my buddy to have a matching paint scheme with me and he's strapped for cash...

How long will the founder's pack be for sale after it's available?

#53 Hostia

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Playing previous MechWarrior titles, and from what I understand of the pen and paper version as well, the game quickly degenerated into how quickly can you blow off one of the legs of a mech. Will the same tactic be an effective game ender for players in MechWarrior Online?

Edited by Hostia, 01 June 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#54 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

When can we expect to start seeing the "new" mechs in game footage..?

#55 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

You never addressed the question from - Ask the Devs 1; Will there be an area/mode for testing weapons & firing groupings before we go into live fire?

#56 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

I there a difference between "Early Access" for the founders package and "Closed Beta"?

It has been said that there will be no wipe after the July 17th when the "Early Access" starts.

But the Operations Clarification tread says founders would get access to the "Closed Beta" on July 17th.

#57 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Serious question: When a mech is announced and the concept art released, does this mean the mech is already in the game, or is currently being worked on? In other words, what is the time difference between a mech being announced and it's implementation in the game?

Not so serious question: Suppose Operation: Steel Dominion wanted to declare open war on Comstar....how would it go about doing this?

#58 Aldinvor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

What are your plans, or are there even any plans to balance weapons to avoid everyone taking gauss rifles and ppc's in every available slot please?

#59 Arcterran

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSwamplands-ish

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Does faction politics/Events effect Merc corp contracts/loyalty point gain/loss?

#60 Tibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

woundering in time have melle weopans i hopeing for swords

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users