Chromehounds Remake!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Thatnanoguy

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just stumbled upon this:

http://www.bombdogst.../index.php/mav/

Fellow forgotten Chromehounders, the time to spread the word is here!!!

And to keep this relevant to mechwarrior, what do you think this game (despite its horribly early stage) does better or worse than mechwarrior online? Could mechwarrior take some tips from it and the original chromehounds, or could it take some tips from the stompy robots over here?

Mechwarrior online was the closest thing I had found to chromehounds since they shut the servers down and I am a very happy guy right now! :unsure:

Edited by Thatnanoguy, 18 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Thatnanoguy

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

There has got to be other old chromehound players out there somewhere!!!

#3 Thatnanoguy

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

iseehow it is mods...

#4 Sir Burpalot21

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I was gonna suggest this topic be moved to the "Off Topic" section from the "General", but it looks like it already has been.

The game definitely looks interesting and maybe has a little too much resemblance to Chromehounds, but it's good to see there is a community still out there. At the very least this could demonstrate to SEGA and FromSoftware the viability of an actual sequel. Though I predict legal shenanigans if it attempts full release with the identical Chromehounds look.

Not to belittle this indie effort, but the main attraction of Chromehounds for me was the scale. All of the maps corresponded to different areas on the overworld so you got a sense of real territory to fight over. That kind of implementation is going to be near impossible for such a small team (or at least take forever).

That scale is what is missing from MWO at the moment. We are all waiting on the smallest detail about MWO's Community Warfare which PGI has yet to really discuss. If PGI really intends to create that sense of scale they need more maps and they need an engrossing reason to participate.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up because with how things are going right now that just seems like an unattainable dream. PGI needs more developers, which they aren't getting because IGP reallocated funding.

#5 KylleX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 122 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, Oregon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yay, the only good thing to ever come from Xbox 360 was Chromehounds. DL'ing the M.A.V demo now!

Edited by KylleX, 20 March 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#6 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I did not like that game at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users