Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

I've already got a few mechs that I use for run 'n gun style combat and those work great for racking up kills but I didn't have anything to act in a support mech role so I put this together.

Lemme know what you think.

#2 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

i played my CTF 2x :

3xLL 2xSRM6 2tammo 340XL, endo ,17 DHS

Support ur assaults and protect them u can hit pretty hard from med/close distance. Play smart bcoz XL but u are pretty fast so its not hard to cover.

#3 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hmmmmm I disagree Scarface :P

I prefer the 3x SRM6 punch versus the 2 and that engine is WAY too big! If you are going to support assault mechs then you simply don't need it that big!

#4 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Manson if you like supporting mechs try this CTF-1X.
Its primary role is sniper,PPC + ER PCC + UAC5 have a nice punch at range,when forced to brawl you still can defend yourself using medium lasers,ER PPC and UAC5 (though I advise to avoid brawls)
Fairly big engine helps not only to follow assaults but also shortens time needed to reach some good sniping points,or when you're forced to retreat.

If you'll be pissed of UAC jamming check this alternative build.This one should better as direct support for an assault.

#5 tunapocalypse

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I usually run 3 LL and 2 SRM6 as well, but with a 300 standard. With speed tweak I skip along at 76kph (I think) and have a decent reach. 14 DHS keeps me cool so long as I don't alpha forever. I tried the UAC+ERPPC combo and ended up using SRM4 and a medpulse instead of SRM6. It made things easier for snap shots while on the run since the missiles come out in one clump.

Eventually I ended up going back to the 3 ll + srm 6, but adopted the UAC and erppc on my 1x! 3 medpulse in the arms and the mentioned bfgs in the torsos. It's a nice all-rounder that can swat lights when they get too close. Runs a little hot, but that's okay with me.

Edited by Thunnus Maximus, 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#6 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I used to run my 2x with 1 Large 2 medium 1 ac/10 and 2 Streaks, but i almost always went to a brawl, so..
You did good this match maybe becase of the tight corners and because you weren't being targeted by snipers or brawlers. Compared to other cataphracts your build is kinda bad because half of your firepower is focused on close range and the high damage of the UAC is delivered in pieces, like the AC/2.
By this gameplay you showed in that play style this build if very effective. It seemed to suit you very well. But in my opinion you miss a little bit of that big shockwave.

Changes: I noticed that when SRM 6 are equiped in that CTF, there is some chain firing due to the number of missiles and the missile tubes. I'd change 2 SRM 6 for 2 SRM 4, this way you would fire all 8 missiles at once, wich would avoid possible misses and save some ammo. You would get a few spare tons (drop 1 ton of ammo and 2 tons from the SRM 6 to SRM 4) and a little bit of extra heat efficiency. Get 1 medium laser, maybe another heat sink, put that ERPPC in the Left Torso and the Medium L. in the right arm. Why: to Balance you mech and the location of the weapons. If you lose one torso you would still have both sniping and close range power left in the other torso. The limited movement freedom of the PPC is a small price for keeping this balance.

#7 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostUrdnot Mau, on 23 March 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

I used to run my 2x with 1 Large 2 medium 1 ac/10 and 2 Streaks, but i almost always went to a brawl, so..
You did good this match maybe becase of the tight corners and because you weren't being targeted by snipers or brawlers. Compared to other cataphracts your build is kinda bad because half of your firepower is focused on close range and the high damage of the UAC is delivered in pieces, like the AC/2.
By this gameplay you showed in that play style this build if very effective. It seemed to suit you very well. But in my opinion you miss a little bit of that big shockwave.

Changes: I noticed that when SRM 6 are equiped in that CTF, there is some chain firing due to the number of missiles and the missile tubes. I'd change 2 SRM 6 for 2 SRM 4, this way you would fire all 8 missiles at once, wich would avoid possible misses and save some ammo. You would get a few spare tons (drop 1 ton of ammo and 2 tons from the SRM 6 to SRM 4) and a little bit of extra heat efficiency. Get 1 medium laser, maybe another heat sink, put that ERPPC in the Left Torso and the Medium L. in the right arm. Why: to Balance you mech and the location of the weapons. If you lose one torso you would still have both sniping and close range power left in the other torso. The limited movement freedom of the PPC is a small price for keeping this balance.

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to point out that you mentioned "by this gameplay you showed in that play style this build is very effective. It seemed to suit you very well... But IN MY OPINION"...

Meaning that your play style is different and thus you would outfit your mech differently. Due to the high volume of MWO players there will always be someone who has a different play-style or prefers different weaponry etc. Take the guide for it is; a general overview of what works (for me and for those who do play like me). It shows what the mech is capable of in a specific role and play-style that I utilize.

Sadly there is no "Single Guide To Show Them All". In otherwords there is no perfect style that can be made into a video showing the "I Win" button and how to press it :)

Two nights ago I saw 4 guys running around in Raven 3Ls, they were a 4 man team. One of them had 280 XLs, 3x MPlas and 2x SSRM launchers. I tried this build and found it horrible. It ran too hot for anything other than a quick pass or two and then an egress... So I adapted it to suit myself (3 MLas + 2 SRM4) and started doing really well with it. We get ideas from videos or from encounters and then adapt them to ourselves.

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users