Twitch.tv/igp - 2Pm Today - Patch Day!

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Join myself, Phil, and maybe someone else - LIVE at 2PM PST, as we play the brand new patch! We hope to see you there!

#2 Ghost_19Hz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSHB

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Awesome, even though i've yet to see you guys in one of these little events i think it shows PGI has some of the coolest staff around. Good hunting!

#3 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

ok,this is im thinking 23.00 here in germany.Hope we see us on the Field with the brand new DAKKA-DAKKA :)

#4 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 March 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Join myself, Phil, and maybe someone else - LIVE at 2PM PST, as we play the brand new patch! We hope to see you there!

Take me on a date! I will fill in as your 4th :)

#5 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Always a fun day on Patch day!

#6 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Maybe I'll catch up with you guys for a game later!

I expect to see at least one of you in a Jager :lol:

#7 haseeb

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Worst patch ever scrweed up half of the stuff that were not suppose to be changed in patch

-LRM is extremelly OP 2 volley of LRM15 heavy down
-Headshot is a joke now
-atleast jagermech armor worst then the light mechs takes 10x dmg from normal shot
-all control/graphis/sound/resolution Settings getting reset after loging in again

overall very very disappoiting patch closed beta times were better then this update and after very patch more things are screwed then fixed

Match Making phase3 is already a joke of the month and now this B.S

Thankyou PGI for this bugy patch dont even bother to alpha test it in labs before launching

#8 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

View Posthaseeb, on 20 March 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

Worst patch ever scrweed up half of the stuff that were not suppose to be changed in patch

-LRM is extremelly OP 2 volley of LRM15 heavy down
-Headshot is a joke now
-atleast jagermech armor worst then the light mechs takes 10x dmg from normal shot
-all control/graphis/sound/resolution Settings getting reset after loging in again

overall very very disappoiting patch closed beta times were better then this update and after very patch more things are screwed then fixed

Match Making phase3 is already a joke of the month and now this B.S

Thankyou PGI for this bugy patch dont even bother to alpha test it in labs before launching

Well SOMEone's grumpy.

Beta is Beta.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

We don't need your mass of negativity; if you want to give constructive criticism, that's fine. Right now you're just being an @$$.

#9 MechWarrior131925

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTreasure Coast, FL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostSpirit of the Wolf, on 20 March 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Well SOMEone's grumpy.

Beta is Beta.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

We don't need your mass of negativity; if you want to give constructive criticism, that's fine. Right now you're just being an @$$.

LOL, overall the new patch is good. Had to uncheck the target decay and arm lock though and I do like the fact you can change that in game.

New map is big and has obstacles that gets you stuck for no reason but it is still better than Alpine which has those enormous mountains.

I haven't used the Jager yet but from the matches I played it seems to be fairly weak in the armor department. Maybe because when everyone sees it they target it, but I haven't been killed by one yet and like to strip the arms when I see them. It would appear that it would be good as a long distance gunner rather than up close.

So no real complaints here except for the miscellaneous objects that get you stuck on the new map. BTW, not stuck where you cannot move anymore but stuck where it stops your movement and you scramble to get away from it. Kind of frustrating when you are in battle.

#10 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Did they find all the bugs they need to fix?

#11 Cpt Jason McCarthy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostThontor, on 20 March 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Say hello to missiles doing intended damage to legs now... Splash damage is what is OP

Only on the Jagermech from what I've seen.

Its stock armor is low.... So raise it

It takes the same damage as everything else... Except possibly missiles due to splash damage affecting some mechs more than others

This I have not noticed or heard of happening.

Aside from broken splash damage being more apparent, and a head hitbox being too big on the new mech... This patch is great IMO.

First off, thank you for blaming the matchmaker and not Elo... I too was surprised there wasn't any tuning to the matchmaker yet... Hopefully they do that soon.

Take a break for a bit, it'll help...

Beside the very good work of the artists who made the map and the mech everything in this patch is pure ****, no game balance [Catapult nerf intead of the missiles LOL], HUGE bug ! ****** interface not working correctly, UI changes not needed and making the game ugly, etc

PS : they increased the splash radius and damages instead of reduce it ... very smart !

Edited by Shadowpunisher, 20 March 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#12 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

As someone who enjoys my catapult (C4 splat) I can honestly say the nerf didn't prevent it from being effective, rather just brought it more into line with respect to balance compared with other mechs. It still has a better torso angle than most mechs so there's little room to complain.

As for LRMs we will just have to deal with it until it gets fixed. Grab your faster mechs and teach those lrm boaters the meaning of pain!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 20 March 2013 - 08:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users