"in March, Players Will Be Able To Customize Their Hero Mech Colors!"

89 replies to this topic

#81 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 06 May 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

In the most recent Q&A (37) a Dev did confirm this is in the May 7th patch. They said it was delayed because they had to make sure it was easy to get back to default colors if you want.

Good to hear, but I'm still a bit nervous now that I see my PB in the camo lab. If I click on the default colors, I can't see any names for them. That made me wonder "If I switch colors, are the originals lost forever?" I don't want to find out the hard way. I'll check back later this week.

#82 Ronin13m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Well I can tell you later today. Do not really care if my Heavy Metal can ever be Pink again. Actualy would probably be glad if it was permanent.

#83 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Good to hear, but I'm still a bit nervous now that I see my PB in the camo lab. If I click on the default colors, I can't see any names for them. That made me wonder "If I switch colors, are the originals lost forever?" I don't want to find out the hard way. I'll check back later this week.

Patch notes confirm hero painting is live as of right now.

Patch notes also confirm resetting to defaults is active as well.

View PostRonin13m, on 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Well I can tell you later today. Do not really care if my Heavy Metal can ever be Pink again. Actualy would probably be glad if it was permanent.

Ditto. God I hate that color so much. I hate it more than anything else in this game, including any of the bugs.

#84 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any way to reset the colours back to Hero mech default. The reset button, when it works, just returns you to your last custom paint job, not the original Hero mech colours.

This is on the X5 Cicada I'm experimenting with.

#85 TungstenWall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

I was excited, but now unimpressed.

I own a TDK, and it only has one (1) color that can change. I had hoped for 3, or even two, but one?

I only wanted to use my Clan colors on my hero mech, but I still cant do that. :)

#86 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Cool options! Thanks Pirhana!

I know I can't use a hero color on other mechs but could we eventually get the option to use them on other color channels of the hero mech? IE, I like the Heavy Metal pink but I had dreams of using it as the stripe color rather than the main body color.

#87 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 07 May 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any way to reset the colours back to Hero mech default. The reset button, when it works, just returns you to your last custom paint job, not the original Hero mech colours.

:D ...dafuq?!? :)

#88 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

I see how it works, now. I bit the bullet because of a developer post that (didn't explain it very well, but) insisted that you can change the colors back. So here's the deal: You know how on most of your mechs that ugly default green color is always a choice? With your hero mechs, the default colors are always a choice, in their default locations. If you change the colors and save it, and go back to the camo lab later, your default colors will appear as color choices on the 3 little squares.

#89 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 10 May 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Sooooo...Pink Misery time?

I have a Red-field and Gold-sun Yen-Lo-Wang. So I can Davion while I Davion in the midst of Dakkaing.

#90 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 07 May 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

This was ridiculously non-intuitive. I re-read the post on hero mech customizations and it showed that the original colors that the hero came with will always be in the alternate squares in the color picker at the top.

You know how there are 3 colors to pick from, but each also has an alternate box below and to the right a bit making it 6 squares. Your hero colors should be there. They will not be in a list of unlocked colors. That would've been nice and would've made buying the hero a better deal, but alas.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users