Anyone Suggest Me Which Hero Mech I Should Get Next?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Greetings fellow - stomp pew stomp stomp pew pew - warriors :rolleyes:
I have a conundrum I got a few MC's and want some assistance selecting my next hero Mech.

I currently have Pretty Baby and the Ilya which I have enjoyed immensely however now I have my eyes set on the X5... But I already have a raven 3l and 2 Jenners...

In short I have 2 assaults 2 Heavies and 3 lights so maybe I should get a flame or a fang.

can anybody help tip me in one direction??

I play frontline support and scout well which is basically my playing style at the moment....

All opinions welcome.

I just want another hero so i can grind out more c-bills to put the right Xl's and standards in my children.

Pew Pew Drollzy out.

#2 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

If you want to grind C-Bills, just run a Trial Mech or keep using your existing Heroes.

Are you trying to unlock efficiencies?

#3 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Not really just unlocked the Catphract effencies and took so frigging long I decided not to do the Awsome just yet and started working on the Jenners for the moment (then got a little distracted with the fun I had in my Raven)... I was looking at the 30% cbill bonus with hero mechs thinking that I will earn more... So do get more using the trials?? I'm averaging about 100k to 200k with my Hero's depending if i'm alive at the end or not... whats the average with the trials?

Edit: average cbills is about 150k - 300k with heros and my standard mechs 100k-200k...
Is this where the premium access comes into play? How much more c-bills do you get for premium??
(I just dont like spending MC on things other than hero mechs and special items...im a tight *** like that :rolleyes:)

Edited by cdrolly, 19 March 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#4 Paeyvn

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

As an owner of the CDA-X5, I can personally say that I love the thing to death and it's quickly become my favorite mech to run. The thing is good as a scout and a hit and run unit or distraction to divide the enemy team.

It's my second highest K/D mech I own at 2.34, the only higher is the Cicada-3M at 2.45, but that stat is taken over far fewer games and has a lower win/loss ratio than my X5.

http://i.imgur.com/0YViM0W.jpg?1

That screenshot was taken from my most recent X5 match, the one before it I did 600, and the one before it 650.

The mech is so fast that anything short of a mech armed to the teeth with streaks has huge difficulties hitting it, and it's honestly even capable of outrunning missiles a lot of the time. Your biggest concern in this thing is a Raven 3L due to streak splash mechanics and the fact you can't outrun them, even with your lightning fast speed.

The C-Bill boost on top of all this is amazing, but I'd drive it without it honestly, love the thing.

#5 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

i want to love my X-5.. but i have a have time with it..(i love my Raven 3L, but with all that Raven-hate...) mind sharing your loadout, Paeyvn?

@OP... so you seem to like the same as me. Light & Heavies... maybe try a medium? I heard good things about the Trebuchet. ( I tries 2 Hunchbacks but they were not my beef).

#6 Paeyvn

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

My loadout is nothing really special, just the stock with some slight reallocation of armor from legs to torso, 3 removed from each leg and 2 points added to each torso section.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f54043f2c633e12

I've toyed with the idea of changing it around a few times, but this honestly just works best for me. I've thought about doing streaks, but I'd have to shave off a ton from somewhere to put them in, and it handicaps me further vs ecm mechs, but more specifically the Raven-3L which is the only mech that really gives me trouble. Having the ability to manually aim and fire my SRMs has won many fights against 3Ls.

Virtually any other X5 build I come across with a different setup I destroy as well.

You COULD run it with 4 MPLAS, but that build gets really hot and does less dps, you'll also generally have to sacrifice lots of armor.

If you think about it that the 4 regular MLAS are basically an AC-20 hit on someone, and the SRM2s are another 10 damage with splash, you can do massive amounts fairly quickly if you engage an enemy, break off, and come back again from another angle. With a speed of 147 you can break off and reengage fairly easily.

#7 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Nice build Paeyvn, the X5 is a good mech, I think you made an excellent decision in getting the SRM2 over the Streaks, saving some wait and not requiring lock on to fire. Your name is familiar, I am sure I have battled with/against you before and you did pretty well. (I only pilot Jenners).

As for OP, if you already have Ilya and Pretty Baby, I don't think you will miss out on much in the Fang and Flame.

#8 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

@cdrolly,

I was just wondering if you were playing to unlock higher efficiences of Elite and Master level. You need to unlock Basic on 3 variants of the same Mech to get Elite. Your Mech list is:

Pretty Baby
Ilya
Raven-3L
2 Jenners

So if you want to get Elite on these you need to unlock Basic on:

2 more Awesomes
2 more Cataphracts
2 more Ravens
1 Jenner

None of which are Heroes though you can buy them with MC.

No you do not get more CBills with Trials, they are just the free way to grind.

For Premium bonuses, when a Match ends and the ratings screen comes up, click Player Stats up top to see your individual stats and in the middle it will tell you how much more CBills and XP you would have gotten using Premium time.

So you can keep buying Heroes if you wish or try getting some regular Mechs and use them with Premium Time that gives bonuses to anything you run in the time period.

#9 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostMerchant, on 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

@cdrolly,

I was just wondering if you were playing to unlock higher efficiences of Elite and Master level. You need to unlock Basic on 3 variants of the same Mech to get Elite. Your Mech list is:

Pretty Baby
Ilya
Raven-3L
2 Jenners

So if you want to get Elite on these you need to unlock Basic on:

2 more Awesomes
2 more Cataphracts
2 more Ravens
1 Jenner

None of which are Heroes though you can buy them with MC.

No you do not get more CBills with Trials, they are just the free way to grind.

For Premium bonuses, when a Match ends and the ratings screen comes up, click Player Stats up top to see your individual stats and in the middle it will tell you how much more CBills and XP you would have gotten using Premium time.

So you can keep buying Heroes if you wish or try getting some regular Mechs and use them with Premium Time that gives bonuses to anything you run in the time period.

Yeah I have unlocked master in the CTF and not even going to bother with skill grinding the Awesome It just dont pack enough punch for an assault mech.

I have been having so much fun in the lights I wanted to buy a hero light to help with the c-bills the commando looks very fragile so I am leaning towards the X-5.

I might finish off the Jenner skills first as i have the 2 variants with full basic... Just not liking the heavies after a romp in my first Jenner :)

Thanks for the info re premium... Meh might wait and see if the next Hero is good one and get the x5 in the meantime

#10 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Well, the commando is more fragile then a Jenner or a Raven, yes.
But it is extremely small, has an awesome turning ability and those arms.... those arms are awesome!
Do nto overlook that mech, and especially not the TDK.

#11 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostEwigan, on 21 March 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Well, the commando is more fragile then a Jenner or a Raven, yes.
But it is extremely small, has an awesome turning ability and those arms.... those arms are awesome!
Do nto overlook that mech, and especially not the TDK.

Hey mate i mean no disrespect and agree they are a hard to hit little ****** :huh:
The only thing I see is it being next to ineffective against a RVN-3L with streaks and they are bloody common.
I do have a few mill C-Bills lying arround and I am enjoying the lights at the moment so I might give the SDK a try.
I ended up getting the X-5 and last Jenner to skill grind so got my hands busy at the moment. Bloody hell i have a Cat in my mechlab that I haven't even taken for a spin yet... Got to spend more time grinding and less time shopping lol

#12 Brynio

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I personally like the commandos so when the commando hero mech showed up I was all over it. Great build with a few improvements.

#13 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

yep.
XL210 and 4 Med Pulse.

Pew Pew Pew Pew!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users