Where I'd Like To See The Game Go

3 replies to this topic

#1 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Sorry this is kind of long, but want to try to convey my thoughts completely. It's been a few weeks since I've played the game. I patched it yesterday but don't really plan on firing my mechs up any time soon.

Now, I'm not quitting, just taking time away. I, like a good amount of people have experienced a fair amount of burnout on this content. Having played since about July / August (not as long as some, longer than others), I've seen the game go through a fair amount of change, some good, and some bad...the ebb and flow of all games.

Recently though, as recent as the patch that introduced the Cicada hero, Alpine, & consumables, I've had to step away. I'm not thrilled with the content, or the direction things are going in. Now it's not terrible, but small adjustments made here and there go a long way.

This game would be better off as a "Pay for Now" title. Does anyone here play Star-Conflict? This title is like WoT from what I hear, I play SC, but never played WoT, so the comparison is somewhat lost. I like the system that game has and think it would translate very well here. Now I totally realize that there are already elements of this in the game but hear me out.

1st, there is a scenario (more to come) in SC for players who do not prefer PVP, or those who want to get some better gear for ships before jumping into PVP. MWO would benefit from something like this but it means adjustments to the weapon system need to be made. At the end of the scenario a "salvage" screen pops up (see below for explanation), and if players win the scenario, they get a green item (see #2). Casuals benefit from this, get some practice working with players, and can get some items to make mechs better.

2nd: Adjustments to weapon & mech system. Well, the MC system does allow for the Pay for now, and they already have elements in the game (purchasing mechs for MC), so the mechs are OK the way they are. So, the weapon system needs to be adjusted. Fans of the games lore, know that there are numerous manufacturers of weapons. I think an item system like WoW (whites, greens, blue, purple) with purple being the Pay for Now item, and Blue items being paid for with in game money, HOWEVER the stats between blue and purple, are EXACTLY the SAME, to eliminate the pay 2 win, players are just paying to get the better item sooner as opposed to grinding Cbills.

3rd: end of round salvage screen. If you play SC, an end of round salvage like that would be awesome. 8 spots on the map that players click and hold on for a few seconds for a chance to salvage either scrap for extra Cbills, nothing, or possibly a green item (low probability). PGI could also have a purchasable "Larger Salvage truck" to allow for an extra salvage attempt.

4th: FACTION XP: this faction XP can be used to purchase blue items cheaper. Faction XP would be gained by killing opposing players, with more xp gained by killing players from an opposing house. EG: lonewolfs 5 points, "friendly" houses 7, "enemy" houses 10...clans 15

5th: Mercenary contracts: completing objectives in game for more Cbills and faction XP.

6th: Like SC, a sign-on bonus every day for signing in to play.
Day 1: 1000 Cbills
Day 2: 3000
Day 3: 10000
Day 4: 20000
Day 4: 100 Mc

7th: With larger maps, and the same number of players, games become tedious wanderings around looking for people. # of players in game needs to increase.

That's all I can think of for now. For all I know, some of these may already be on the map for CW, hope some of these ideas (even though they aren't totally original, but nothing is nowadays) get used or at least discussed.

Edited by Penance, 20 March 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#2 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

They will never give away free MC.

#3 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostBelphegore, on 20 March 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

They will never give away free MC.

Which is unfortunate, as the number I'm mentioning isn't even enough to buy anything, and is an enticement for people to log in and play...they aren't giving away the farm, and it might actually get people to buy MC...think about, every 5 days you get 100 MC...in 15 that's only 300, not a lot at all.

#4 Mister Haha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

You know, I have no idea how much control PGI has over where the game goes anymore. The conflicting development with the previous message kind of tells me they've got their hands tied a little more than they'd ever be able to let on.

That said, it's still going in the overall good angle. Good new maps and interesting mech choices. I'm glad I have some expendable income so I can bypass the dumb 3 variant grinds.

I love tinkering a mech for days just trying to figure out the best way to mold it. Thankfully that can't ever go away unless the game does, so I'm A-OKAY.

I think it's going to be about 18 months before we ever start to see community warfare and that kills me, but I'll be there. Oh yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users