39 replies to this topic

#1 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

TLDR: missles are broken and hit boxes on all mechs are way to easy to hit. Jager mech head hitbox so big makes the mech unplayble waste of time.

This thread matches the title, PGI I don’t know how you can screw up a patch so badly but somehow you have achieved exactly that. The jager mech is a really cool mech, but its head hit box is FAR too big and you are LITERALLY glass cannon. If this does not get hotfixed you will lose so many founders including me to such a massive oversight. Don’t you guys pay people to at least test mechs before release??? I know we are beta testers for this game but there is only so many games I can handle running to my death just to prove my point for you guys by giving actual hard evidence. The second game breaker is LRM's. Last patch they were very powerful borderline OP March 19th patch they are now broken. I have actual screenshot of only heads being removed by both SRM and LRM. PLEASE at least warn us in the patch notes that you fiddled with this things and say disclaimer WARNING WE MAY HAVE BROKEN THE MISSLES disclaimer. There are many other things that you guys broke this patch but I could not list them all without boring the entire community(probably already have). This patch besides the new beautiful Desert map great job map dev's is a real kick in the pants to everyone in the community and I have now lost faith in PGI as a team as a result.

EDIT: edited the title to better reflect my goal for this thread.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by SmokinDave73, 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#2 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

Nearly forgot to add my own disclaimer, I played 4 games in my jager mech to test this with my clan and im posting on every thread to make the Dev's aware of the **** up they have cause to get this HOTFIXED im not waiting 2 weeks for this disgrace to be fixed.

#3 Keigo

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Why does everyone feel the need to make their own thread about a subject that's already heavily being discussed about in numerous other threads? The forum is full of spam about this already, not to mention how pointless it is to get all worked up about it. They made a sub-forum called patch feedback, with several threads where you can post all your issues in. And why are so many people socially ******** (this isn't aimed at you particulary, but to everyone throwing a fit)? Is it really that hard to keep your frustrations to yourself and actually stick to the constructive/relevant info? ~.~

#4 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

There's a lot wrong with the game since this patch. LRMs, color palette washout, more HUD bugs than before (missing radar, broken minimap, frozen minimap, WWWWWWW mech name, etc), the list goes on...

Edited by jay35, 20 March 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#5 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

OP, if the JM is unplayable to you, you have 14 other Mechs to play.
I like my new JM6-S.

Edited by Vincent Lynch, 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#6 MangoBogadog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 377 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUK

+1

I agree and have found exactly the same thing, SRM's and LRM's cockpit a mech via splash damage way too easily.

Considering there should not actually be splash damage from missiles anyway as the 'splash' would be directed away from the object it hits not onto adjacent location this is pretty daft and defies the laws of physics.

#7 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostKeigo, on 20 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Why does everyone feel the need to make their own thread about a subject that's already heavily being discussed about in numerous other threads? The forum is full of spam about this already, not to mention how pointless it is to get all worked up about it. They made a sub-forum called patch feedback, with several threads where you can post all your issues in. And why are so many people socially ******** (this isn't aimed at you particulary, but to everyone throwing a fit)? Is it really that hard to keep your frustrations to yourself and actually stick to the constructive/relevant info? ~.~

Ok you guys have granted points and im not afraid to admit them. I went a bit over board because I am passionate about this game and do not want it to die in a balls of flames. I put constructive feedback with my screenshots so you are blind my friend??

Edited by SmokinDave73, 20 March 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#8 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

OP, if the JM is unplayable to you, you have 14 other Mechs to play.
I like my new JM6-S.

I did not pay 10million cbills for a mech that has a head hitbox connected to every part of the mech enjoy you Jager my friend its a wondeful mech with aewsome loadouts but if I want to glass cannon ill take URBS in and do better with that oh wait...

Edited by SmokinDave73, 20 March 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#9 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 20 March 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

you are LITERALLY glass cannon.

Really?
Posted Image

#10 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

looks pretty close to the jager if you squint and channel PGI :) <-----kinda like that. Thanks for making me see the funny side of things Otto.

Im off forum warriors hopefully PGI responds offically to the community and admit they stuffed up and have a fix for us!!

Edited by SmokinDave73, 20 March 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#11 Keigo

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 20 March 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

I went a bit over board because I am passionate about this game and do not want it to die in a balls of flames.

That part I mentioned about people tripping out wasn't so much directed at you as your post is extremely civil compared to many posts I've read the past few hours. I just figured quite some people would read this thread as well and decided to throw that question/suggestion in there. And yes, I agree you've added constructive criticism. But in order for our feedback to be (more) helpful, it'd be nice if we didn't spam the forum with identical threads with identical discussions in order to make it easier to get a good overview of what's being discussed where.

As for the behaviour in general on the forum, especially regarding the negative aspects of the game, it would probably be more helpful if we kept all the emotions to ourselves. Because 1) There would be a lot less unnecessary text to read through and hearing everyone out would go slightly (if not much more) faster, and 2) Telling the people you rely on they're F'ing up and whatnot surely isn't going to motivate them to do you any favours. Of course you can tell what went wrong, but telling them at the same time they messed up is just stating the obvious. If something is not working as intended, they automatically have 'messed up'. I'm sure they're well aware of that without people 'attacking' them. Additional to that; too much negativity can -and to some extent, will- drive potential new players off too. How would you feel about a game/company that's being flamed to hell? :) And has any of that made them work harder or provide better quality work than they did before they received all the crap from those people?

Just because people do foolish things and/or dissapointment doesn't mean you have to rub it in their faces when you can get the same point across in a more civil manner.

Note: I'm using 'you' in the general sense mostly. Again; not aimed at you personally :)

Edited by Keigo, 20 March 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#12 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

In a scale from 1 to Idra, how mad are you right now OP?

The Jagermech cockpit is literally at the center of the mec, and you know what? People usually shoot at center torso and missiles also hit there, so it's a "design fault" of the mech rather than "OMG PGI MAKE COCKPIT HITBOX 1 PIXEL".

#13 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostTahribator, on 20 March 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

In a scale from 1 to Idra, how mad are you right now OP?

The Jagermech cockpit is literally at the center of the mec, and you know what? People usually shoot at center torso and missiles also hit there, so it's a "design fault" of the mech rather than "OMG PGI MAKE COCKPIT HITBOX 1 PIXEL".

From that aspect, it's good that mechs are different. If the hardpoints and tonnage were the only thing different between mechs, this game would be boring.

#14 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Maybe its time to remove the internal testers and get some new ones? I'll bet they are a gang of extreme yes-men that are afraid of doing any kind of constructive criticism. Probably also mainly recruited from SA and unknown Canadian nerd-sites.

Or maybe they are just a myth?

#15 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

We have mech statues. All will be well.

#16 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

So, you're telling me i've not missed anything by not playing since they introduced the Cicada?

Edited by Penance, 20 March 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#17 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

jager is a tad useless compared to mechs we already had...it looks pretty though.

#18 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Don't worry guys. The splash fix is coming. No more 800% of intended missile damage instagibbing your cockpit just 2 weeks away.

#19 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostKeigo, on 20 March 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

That part I mentioned about people tripping out wasn't so much directed at you as your post is extremely civil compared to many posts I've read the past few hours. I just figured quite some people would read this thread as well and decided to throw that question/suggestion in there. And yes, I agree you've added constructive criticism. But in order for our feedback to be (more) helpful, it'd be nice if we didn't spam the forum with identical threads with identical discussions in order to make it easier to get a good overview of what's being discussed where.

As for the behaviour in general on the forum, especially regarding the negative aspects of the game, it would probably be more helpful if we kept all the emotions to ourselves. Because 1) There would be a lot less unnecessary text to read through and hearing everyone out would go slightly (if not much more) faster, and 2) Telling the people you rely on they're F'ing up and whatnot surely isn't going to motivate them to do you any favours. Of course you can tell what went wrong, but telling them at the same time they messed up is just stating the obvious. If something is not working as intended, they automatically have 'messed up'. I'm sure they're well aware of that without people 'attacking' them. Additional to that; too much negativity can -and to some extent, will- drive potential new players off too. How would you feel about a game/company that's being flamed to hell? :) And has any of that made them work harder or provide better quality work than they did before they received all the crap from those people?

Just because people do foolish things and/or dissapointment doesn't mean you have to rub it in their faces when you can get the same point across in a more civil manner.

Note: I'm using 'you' in the general sense mostly. Again; not aimed at you personally :)

I read through your whole post and your right on the money I relise that flaming PGI will bring nothing but im not going to edit my post now because thats futile now. you have a great opinion and im glad you posted what you thought on the thread I made. Thanks for that Keigo you have a level head and have great perspective. That what this community needs and I'M glad my Flame post got your attention enough for you to post your honest opinion. I have been playing since june last year and have held stong that PGI will come through for us as a developer and the game is in good hand's. This patch was the first real dissapointment for me and I now relise that to make sure things like this dont happen again we need to give more constructive feedback and hopefully they get more staff to test thier game on their payroll If I did not live in Australia I would be walking up to PGI's front door and offering them an internship to make this game better day by day. I submit tickets to them all the time at this was my latest one.

Magius (MechWarrior® Online™)
Mar 18 09:26 (PDT)
Hello SmokinDave73,
The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon.
This ticket is now considered to be closed, however this does not mean that we consider the issue resolved as bugs are tracked in a separate database. You can reply to this mail if you have pertinent information to add and the ticket will be reopened. Thank you for contacting the MechWarrior® Online™ support.

Regards,
Magius
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™
SmokinDave73
Mar 16 06:34 (PDT)
Hey PGI,
I just wanted to let you guys know that when you kill someone by ammo explosion it does not come up with "A" killed "B" and no one is rewarded the kill at the end score screen. Is this deliberate or a bug? I hope it is a bug because one of the most satisfying things to do in MWO is shoot a mech whilst driving past them and 3 seconds later they explode into a ball of flames and you get the kill. Like you see two swordsmen do in the movies after a epic last strike and one of them falls. On a more serious note though not having a confirmation of "A" killed "B" is some what disorientating because sometime when a mech dies they take a while to fall to the ground so you cant tell if it is a over heated mech or not if you did not see the kill directly which means wasted shots on a dead mech for confirmation. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on the matter for me and the community.
Thanks
SmokinDave73
Hopefully PGI magius is telling the truth and things like this will be fixed soon

#20 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

View Postjay35, on 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

There's a lot wrong with the game since this patch. LRMs, color palette washout, more HUD bugs than before (missing radar, broken minimap, frozen minimap, WWWWWWW mech name, etc), the list goes on...

Don't forget SRM splash radius is so large now you can destroy the head of a mech by shooting it in the arm.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users