Place Your Bet On How Pgi Will Respond To Lrm Issue Introduced In Yesterday's Patch

29 replies to this topic

Poll: How will PGI respond to the new bug? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

How will PGI respond to the new bug?

1. Acknowledge issue, release hotfix patch within 24-48 hours (16 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

2. Acknowledge issue, release fix at next scheduled patch date (April 2nd) (25 votes [32.05%])

Percentage of vote: 32.05%

3. Claim everything is working as intended, but acknowledge massive uproar and change it back next patch (11 votes [14.10%])

Percentage of vote: 14.10%

4. Claim everything is working as intended, no changes planned at this time (10 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

5. What issue? *trollface* (16 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

Vote

#1 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Just for fun :)

edit: To clarify, this refers to the new bug in missile damage introduced in yesterday's patch, not the pre-existing issue with splash damage that was already planned to be addressed on April 2nd.

Edited by jay35, 20 March 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#2 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Actually they already announced they're removing splash on 2nd April.

Too slow for my tastes, but yeah, it's already decided.

#3 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostHayashi, on 20 March 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Actually they already announced they're removing splash on 2nd April.

Too slow for my tastes, but yeah, it's already decided.

That was before the bug with LRM damage that came as part of yesterday's patch.

They changed something with the missile code in yesterday's patch that is causing a drastic change in the damage they deal across the board, and it's exceptionally notable with LRMs.

What you're referring to is the original splash damage issue that pre-existed yesterday's patch.

Edited by jay35, 20 March 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#4 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

They'll probably leave it this way 'til April 2nd.
This cannot be properly balanced/fixed while the splash damage is still lingering around.

#5 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostBloody Moon, on 20 March 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

They'll probably leave it this way 'til April 2nd.
This cannot be properly balanced/fixed while the splash damage is still lingering around.

On one hand, I kind of hope they do leave it because it can mean racking up some serious damage numbers and that increases payout/reward, but on the other hand, it's already ruining the game as more and more people take LRM boats to take advantage of the bug introduced yesterday.

It'd also be quite easy to release a hotfix that simply returns the missile-related values to what they were prior to this patch, which while still broken when it comes to splash damage, at least would be nowhere near as crazy as they are at the moment.

Edited by jay35, 20 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#6 Kooler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

I expect one free coolant flush for everyone , that will keep everybody calm

#7 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Locationplaying something else.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

View Postjay35, on 20 March 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

They changed something with the missile code in yesterday's patch that is causing a drastic change in the damage they deal across the board, and it's exceptionally notable with LRMs.

What you're referring to is the original splash damage issue that pre-existed yesterday's patch.

Not a bug it is a fix, the game was losing missiles when fired in large volleys, not just LRMs. SRM's aswell.

An example of the bug was the SRM cat doing 40 points of damage on a full alpha into an awesome at 30m. This was fixed in the patch.

#8 Yankee77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

View Postjay35, on 20 March 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'd love to see proof of that. The only change that we know of is leg damage, in that the legs take splash damage now. Which, of course, means it exacerbates the splash damage bug.

But LRMs do more damage across the board? As in that torsos get stripped faster? Nope, haven't seen that at all, on both sides of the equation.

Yes, I've had my JGM get destroyed by LRMs, but that's more of a cockpit issue, and I'd expect the same to happen to my Catapult if I had done the same stupid mistake (and was as unmaneuverable as my JGM, which has a slower engine and does not have its efficiencies unlocked).

Personally I think it's just a combination of knowledge of the splash damage bug, the legs now taking damage, and the JGM's own susceptibility to LRMs, which is making people cry hysterical bloody murder about LRMs when in fact there hasn't been any significant change to LRM lethality.

#9 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

im between 2 and 5

#10 Yankee77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Also, biased poll is biased. Then again, that's pretty much on par for any forum polls.

#11 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostItkovian, on 20 March 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Spoiler

It is not just the leg damage, the arms and head are also affected and not only on the Jagermech.

#12 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

All of you that claim LRM to be very overpower this patch, how about record your gameplay and post it here? I'm sure that will help resolve your problem really quick :)

#13 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Those of you in denial: Go try it out. Or try reading some of the other threads here where players are posting up their 1900+ damage rounds using LRMs since yesterday's patch. It's insane. You can strip out upper-body armor on any mech in 1-2 salvos, lights die in one salvo, mediums in 1-2, and heavies are near death or dead in 2 salvos. The best part is if you don't use Artemis, so the missiles spread a bit, you destroy tons of components, too, which also boosts your rewards and score. It's absolutely crazy how effective they suddenly are. I mean it's great if you're an LRM boat, but for everyone else it's hell. :)

I'm confident PGI will identify whatever they accidentally adjusted incorrectly, and it won't last long, but in the meantime, by all means, boat LRMs, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by jay35, 20 March 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#14 zhajin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

My guess its the leg adjustments amplifying the splash damage bug. before you had it spread around torsos but hits to the legs and close ground really were not registering properly. Now they are not only registering but also splashing to other areas, making for a lot more hits from an lrm volley.

#15 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

View Postjay35, on 20 March 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Those of you in denial: Go try it out. Or try reading some of the other threads here where players are posting up their 1900+ damage rounds using LRMs since yesterday's patch. It's insane. You can strip out upper-body armor on any mech in 1-2 salvos, lights die in one salvo, mediums in 1-2. The best part is if you don't use Artemis, so the missiles spread a bit, you destroy tons of components, too, which also boosts your rewards and score. It's absolutely crazy how effective they suddenly are. I mean it's great if you're an LRM boat, but for everyone else it's hell. :)

I'm confident PGI will identify whatever they accidentally adjusted incorrectly, and it won't last long, but in the meantime, by all means, boat LRMs, you won't be disappointed.

Have tried and can't see the difference, because I don't get hit by LRM so often. You might want to post your gameplay video to prove what wrong? I'll post mine soon when I have time :)

#16 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

View Postzhajin, on 20 March 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

My guess its the leg adjustments amplifying the splash damage bug. before you had it spread around torsos but hits to the legs and close ground really were not registering properly. Now they are not only registering but also splashing to other areas, making for a lot more hits from an lrm volley.

Yeah, if I had to guess, I'd bet they changed some numbers related to the leg splash damage issue but didn't QA it fully and missed the unintended impact on the rest of the mech's body parts. The upper body armor just gets absolutely sheered right off now on when hit by LRMs. It's amazing, and kind of cool if you're the one doing the LRMing.

Edited by jay35, 20 March 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#17 Yankee77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostBloody Moon, on 20 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

It is not just the leg damage, the arms and head are also affected and not only on the Jagermech.

I sure didn't see any differences yesterday when in my C1 (with 25 LRM tubes and 3 tons of ammo). I did get torn apart with my Jagermech, but that was no different than before (I stupidly walked in the open with a stalker LRM boat nearby. Oops).

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to them removing splash. Let's see just how bad things really are without that bug.

#18 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

I had *never* had missiles of any type destroy my cockpit before this patch unless the cockpit was already about to die (i.e. got dual gaussed and had 3hp left). Last night, after every single missile death my paper doll was missing its cockpit (unless it was missing both legs instead). Now, in a fair number of those I would have died anyway because the CT got blown away at the same time, but there were an equal number of them where I didn't even have my torso *armor* stripped. And then there's the LRM salvoes that blow out both legs without touching the torsos. And I spent the whole night in a stalker, so it's not like LRMs should be having any trouble tracking. *Something* is drastically different, without a doubt.

#19 Cairbre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

They're already a head of this problem. I'll bet there hotfix will fix the al-leg-ed problem, with a minimum of coding errors without making a big splash.

#20 Accident

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

More interesting would be a poll on what will they break when they "Fix" splash damage?

-Accident

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users