Was There A Hidden Lrm Change Latest Patch?!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Shinikaru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe i'm imagining it, but all i'm looking for is community feedback on my observation.
Cause' I aint' Nevah been head-shot cored so many times (in the back!), as I have by LRMS since the last patch.
Was there some kind of UN-announced change to them or something?
Has anyone else noticed the difference?

#2 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

everyone has. it's broken the game in the worst way; now as a result we have an increase in players boating lrm to exploit the inbalance

#3 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Missiles have been doing more damage than they're supposed to for a while, and now that missiles do damage to legs (they didn't before) it makes it worse. There might be another bug that makes them do yet even more damage, seems like it. They're going to turn off splash damage until they fix it, hopefully soon.

Edited by jakucha, 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#4 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Stay tuned:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2091116

#5 Xandergod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 145 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Late to the party are you? There is a sticky saying they will make an official announcement today.

#6 Vrekgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Splash Damage removal is slated for the 2nd.

They changed missiles not able to hit the legs, apparently something they did with that borked something and we have a return of the infamous One shot Headshot missiles from Artemis release days.

They are running internal tests.

Also note if your running a Jaeger Mech, Bump up your stock armor. Its Woefully under armored out of the gate.

#7 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Yeah PGI tried to fix the bug where lurms don't damage legs and ended up making it so lurms headshot you from behind and do hilarious amounts of damage in general. I have no idea how they accomplished this masterpiece of software engineering. But if you have a lurmboat, good time to go crazy because it's actually viable until the hotfix :D

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users